Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make no mistake, he loves it there.

He doesn't even need to play well all the time, just put in every now and then so drunkards like Johns can say you're next in line for QLD :laugh:

Inglis once again rules out signing with the Broncos.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]GREG Inglis has all but ruled out finishing his career at the Broncos and urged the under-siege Rabbitohs to “stick together” while he is sidelined for breaking Josh Dugan’s jaw.

Inglis was cited for a grade two shoulder charge following his 30th appearance for the Maroons in Wednesday’s dead State of Origin rubber at ANZ Stadium.
He has been suspended for three weeks after pleading guilty to the contact which ended Dugan’s ninth Origin game prematurely.
The incident was slammed as being soft by television commentators who claimed it was not a traditional shoulder charge and Inglis was bracing himself.
However, any hope Inglis had of beating the charge disappeared when scans on Thursday revealed Dugan needed surgery for a broken jaw.
The 12th-placed Rabbitohs entered an early guilty plea, meaning Inglis will miss Saturday’s game against the Broncos at ANZ Stadium, and won’t return until Round 22 against Melbourne.
South Sydney have been on a downward spiral since winning the 2014 premiership, but Inglis vowed to lead them back into title contention.
“As a senior playing group we’ve had tough talks about where we want to head as a group and club,” he said.
“That’s going from our co-owners all the way down. As long as we’re all on the same page and heading in the right direction, I’ve got no doubt we’ll definitely bounce back.
“It’s very difficult times. We’ve got to stick strong and together.
“That’s what a season of rugby league is. You have your ups and downs and unfortunately we’re having a down time at the moment.
“We have to stick together and make sure our playing group still has faith in where we’re going.”
Rumours of Inglis finishing his career at the Broncos have refused to go away, however Brisbane is understood to have put a red-line through his name.
Inglis’ management informed the Rabbitohs this week he was unlikely to be heading to Brisbane.
The 29-year-old is not off-contract until the end of next season, however the Rabbitohs could soon begin negotiations for what could be his final NRL contract.
“Apparently Corey Parker’s making way for me,” Inglis joked when asked about the Broncos.
“There’s nothing in it. I’ve still got a couple more years (at South Sydney).
“(My son) Nate is going to start school soon so we’ve got to think of the future.
“As for now there’s hardly any truth in it.”
[/FONT]
10ecf39bdd6300766262059962db030e
[/FONT]

Inglis asking too much money. Broncos can't give him that much money. I think Tom opacic is more then capable for centre position. Cody wants to play in half or fullback position. He know In Broncos he can't play in that position. That is why he sign with Rabbitohs.

Last edited:
Why does it feel like no one wants to come here again..

The Broncos ruled out signing him several weeks back, due to his price tag ...

and as for the other rumor ... why would Cody Walker even consider coming to us. He is a 26 year old half that is yet to make much of an impact in the NRL, he would know he is no hope of unseating either Milford or Hunt, meaning that if he signed with us he would go back to playing in the ISC, basically ending his chance of having an NRL career.

Last edited:
Why the hell does that last sentence even mean? As for now? Hardly any truth in it?

I wish O'Dowd were here to tell us what's going on.

Yeah it was a ridiculously weird last couple of sentences in there. In 'denying' it, he actually confirmed there is at least one side in the negotiations very interested, sounds like the Inglis side is interested indeed.

Yeah it was a ridiculously weird last couple of sentences in there. In 'denying' it, he actually confirmed there is at least one side in the negotiations very interested, sounds like the Inglis side is interested indeed.

But only if we offer him mega $$$

I think Inglis is pre-empting a huge East Coast low to form with record rainfall which will stop him from boarding a plane to sign a contract.

Money doesn't get paid when it's raining don't you know.

a few rumblings the past few days about a 2017 announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
  • Volvo Driver
  • leish107
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.