Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, if this is the depths we have to sink to in order to fix our pack, I think I'd rather take a punt on one of our juniors. I refreshed my memory about Lodge and his history, and he sounds like an absolute psycho.

Has anyone see Lodge play?
I mean, he is a big body, yes. Other than that, he was, in my opinion, pretty close to the worst player on the field for most games he played. Slow, lazy.... The qualities we do not want in a prop.

From reading previous posts, we are all in agreement of wanting an aggressive, big prop who will go hard all day.

Mentioned it before, Napa wants to come home, and Broncos are keen. I would be holding out for him.

I'll happily take Moga if Gideon Gela-Mosby is on the same plane.

Can't wait for the meltdowns on LU if/when Bennett delivers Napa to Brisbane. Oh my it'll be a fun evening

Last edited:
Can't wait for the meltdowns on LU if/when Bennett delivers Napa to Brisbane. Oh my it'll be a fun evening

I'll have to cancel all my plans for that evening ... And make sure i have a good bottle of scotch

Last edited:
Has anyone see Lodge play?
I mean, he is a big body, yes. Other than that, he was, in my opinion, pretty close to the worst player on the field for most games he played. Slow, lazy.... The qualities we do not want in a prop.

From reading previous posts, we are all in agreement of wanting an aggressive, big prop who will go hard all day.

Mentioned it before, Napa wants to come home, and Broncos are keen. I would be holding out for him.

Napa would be massive and exactly what we need for next season. It's too bad we still don't have Marty Kennedy as a bargaining chip to trade.

Napa would be massive and exactly what we need for next season. It's too bad we still don't have Marty Kennedy as a bargaining chip to trade.

Kennedy is Artie Beetson in comparison to Lodge.

if we get napa imo this would be my forward pack:

8. mcguire
9. macca
10. napa
11. glenn
12. gillett
13. blair

Anyone been following Moga's progress after his most recent injury? He playing well in the ISC? [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] [MENTION=8530]talanoa[/MENTION]

Anyone been following Moga's progress after his most recent injury? He playing well in the ISC? [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] [MENTION=8530]talanoa[/MENTION]

he is going ok, he is just playing in a miserable team. the mackay cutters have had a pretty tough season. i think moga was one of those islander boys who was a beast in junior footy cause he was developed like a man at the age of 16. the other boys have caught up and gone past him, in fairness though he has had some bad injuries but i would pass on him.

Apparently the plan is to shift Kahu to left centre and sign a strike right winger (Lolohea & Moga being 2 of the only young outside backs potentially available)

Source: Chris Garry on Twitter.

Apparently the plan is to shift Kahu to left centre and sign a strike right winger (Lolohea & Moga being 2 of the only young outside backs potentially available)

Source: Chris Garry on Twitter.

great plan ... I like it

I'm still not sold on Kahu being a full time NRL centre just yet honestly, he seems to really struggle with the extra workload physically, and he's a great winger. Decent speed, good under the high ball, good finishing ability.

I guess that's the good thing about who we're targeting, they can both play centre if it comes down to it.

Last edited:
I'm still not sold on Kahu being a full time NRL centre just yet honestly, he seems to really struggle with the extra workload physically, and he's a great winger. Decent speed, good under the high ball, good finishing ability.

I guess that's the good thing about who we're targeting, they can both play centre if it comes down to it.

Yeah I agree. Has Jordan finished a game at centre? Somewhere had said he never has, yet he's fine on the wing.

Moga is worrying, considering he's a 3-time ACL. We've struggled enough with injury-prone outside backs

Bring on Tui

Yeah I agree. Has Jordan finished a game at centre? Somewhere had said he never has, yet he's fine on the wing.

Moga is worrying, considering he's a 3-time ACL. We've struggled enough with injury-prone outside backs

Bring on Tui

He has finished a couple of games at centre.

Finished the Round 4 game earlier in the year. He also played centre against the Storm in 2013.

Unless we find a better finisher, or someone who works the ball out better than Kahu, and provided they are just as safe under the high ball and error free, I see no reason to move him. Left centre seems cursed for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Reds2011
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.