Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we find a better finisher, or someone who works the ball out better than Kahu, and provided they are just as safe under the high ball and error free, I see no reason to move him. Left centre seems cursed for him.

From memory he has played a few games at right centre injury prone? I would rather recruit a centre than a winger though considering our circumstance.

Last edited:
Moga has potential upside, he's from Ipswich so coming home to the security that provides, went to school with Milford- they're still good mates. It's hard to shine at Mackay and Moga has still been 18th man a few times this year for the Cowboys.

He'd be a similar buy to Seve.

Broncos have told Francis Molo to take time off and focus on working on his tackling technique, not surprising given the media pressure this week about the unfortunate tackle on James Ackerman.

Last edited:
Moga has potential upside, he's from Ipswich so coming home to the security that provides, went to school with Milford- they're still good mates. It's hard to shine at Mackay and Moga has still been 18th man a few times this year for the Cowboys.

He'd be a similar buy to Seve.

Moga or Bowen would be excellent signings.

**** no to Lodge. Guy stalked two girls, threatened then,assaulted a guy, forced entry to the apartment, and terrorised the wife and small child.

I hope he gets time, and would be disgusted if we signed him.

Moga I'd take on small bones. He's had some issues with injuries, but is he any more of a risk than Kahu? Might be worth a punt.

Would be all over Tui Lolo. Can kill it anywhere on the backline. Or off the bench, according to McFadden.

Broncos have told Francis Molo to take time off and focus on working on his tackling technique, not surprising given the media pressure this week about the unfortunate tackle on James Ackerman.
I think we can all agree that the Ackerman incident was very unfortunate, but I still can't fathom why Molo is still shoulder charging people given what he has been through and witnessing first hand the result of such a tackle. He shoulder charged two Falcon's players in the match, which happened to be the first match between the two teams since the Ackerman incident. I just don't get it. How can anyone shoulder charge someone again after the previous outcome, where his shoulder charge killed a player. It baffles me.

I think we can all agree that the Ackerman incident was very unfortunate, but I still can't fathom why Molo is still shoulder charging people given what he has been through and witnessing first hand the result of such a tackle. He shoulder charged two Falcon's players in the match, which happened to be the first match between the two teams since the Ackerman incident. I just don't get it. How can anyone shoulder charge someone again after the previous outcome, where his shoulder charge killed a player. It baffles me.

Oh definitely and I agree that it's in his best interest to take time out of the game and get his tackling technique in order, but I don't think the guy deserves to be made out to be the devil like the media is making him out to be.

Oh definitely and I agree that it's in his best interest to take time out of the game and get his tackling technique in order, but I don't think the guy deserves to be made out to be the devil like the media is making him out to be.
Whether he deserves it or not, he's an absolute moron to still be shoulder charging, particularly given the sensitivity of the situation, and that it's illegal, AND that he just came back from a suspension for it. He needs to cut that shit right out. The club has taken the right action to sit him out until he gets his head sorted.

Because football players aren't smart.

Story here along with some Oates stuff.
THE Broncos will instruct Frank Molo to take time out of rugby league and overhaul his tackling technique following the latest controversy to hit the Brisbane prop.Brisbane insiders are deeply concerned about Molo’s mental wellbeing after he was penalised for two shoulder charges in an Intrust Super Cup match last Saturday, triggering severe verbal abuse from Sunshine Coast opponents.
A devastated Molo, who plays for Brisbane’s *feeder-club Norths, contacted the Broncos on Thursday to advise the club he needed time off from training.
Brisbane bosses are doing everything to help Molo and that will extend to working on his tackling technique when he returns to Red Hill.
Molo has been banned twice in the past month for shoulder charges and has had ongoing counselling following last year’s tragic death of James Ackerman, who played for the Sunshine Coast club.
Ackerman died two days after being knocked out by a Molo shoulder charge.
Just last month, Molo found a ray of hope when he celebrated the birth of his first child, a daughter, but his clash with Sunshine Coast players has left him questioning his future in the game.
[h=2]OATES FAMILY SICK OF JIBES[/h]TENSIONS have surfaced between Broncos coach Wayne Bennett and the family of his star winger, Maroons rookie Corey Oates.
Inside Mail can reveal the Oates family are privately filthy at Bennett’s reluctance to publicly praise Oates when asked by the media about his stunning success in the past 18 months.
The Oates clan are sick of hearing Bennett and Broncos players firing tongue-in-cheek jibes at Oates, who grew up on a cattle property in Baralaba, west of Rockhampton.
He is often the butt of jokes at Red Hill because of his country drawl and bush straightforwardness.
7b9d03153e948fb4da1c8ffe2efb961f

Corey Oates scores a try against South Sydney last week. Picture: Mark EvansWhen Darius Boyd was asked about Oates’ outstanding display against Souths last week, Bennett interjected, saying: “We’re not in the Corey Oates wrapping business, OK.”
Pressed on Oates’ two-try effort, Boyd refused to answer, smiling sheepishly as Bennett sat beside him.
When Oates made his Origin debut earlier this season, he spoke candidly when asked if he’d been congratulated by Bennett.
“No, I don’t think I will ever get a compliment from Wayne, I really don’t,” he said. “That’s the way me and Wayne are, we don’t really compliment each other too much.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

That's weird about Oates. But if he doesn't take offence to it, then it's no big deal, is it?

The Oates clan are sick of hearing Bennett and Broncos players firing tongue-in-cheek jibes at Oates, who grew up on a cattle property in Baralaba, west of Rockhampton.
He is often the butt of jokes at Red Hill because of his country drawl and bush straightforwardness.

And players like Michael Hancock, Darren Lockyer, Shane Webcke etc who grew up in country area's of Queensland didn't? There wouldn't be a club in competition where a player doesn't cop some sort of joke at their expense. This is little more then a media beatup.

Seems like such a silly thing to get upset over..

Last edited:
Wayne's record of turning players into stars speaks for itself. Whilst I would hand out compliments, if WB doesn't want to WB doesn't have to.

In a contest between Wayne and Corey's parents as to how to get the best out of young footy players, I think I'll back Wayne ;)

Molo should be removed from the game. I don't even car, the guy is clearly a brainless idiot. If killing a guy doesn't sink in that they're bad, **** off and go and lay some bricks.

Oates to grow a pair.

Oates to tell his mum and nanna to harden up.

Oates to tell his mum and nanna to harden up.
I actually think that is the reason behind Waynes attitude. He seems to be undoing some mollycoddling and trying to harden Oates up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • OnToSomething
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Reds2011
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.