Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was a ploy so that the young fella didn't get too far ahead of himself.
Stinks of a media beat up to me.

Exactly this.

Look at all those quotes from Oates' family in that article. They are clearly pissed.

Bennett would be smiling to himself reading this article, I am sure.

It seems like he has done a good job of getting Oates to crave some praise off of him, and I am sure he is working all the more harder as a result. The fact that its bothering him so much he's complained to his folks is a clear indicator it is a something he thinks about, and hence I would think a big part of his drive.

He definitely knows which players need more encouragement, and which ones will work best without it.

I'm sure Bennett lets Oates know what he thinks of his performances ... But he has never been one to give his players (especially his younger players) much press.

His family just want to bask in his success and want to read his name in the paper every day

There's probably more to the story with the Oates stuff. They're most likely hearing more stuff from Corey himself.

We need to buy some good fucking forwards.

Oates probably won't get a compliment tonight either.

We need to buy some good fucking forwards.

We sure do. Been schooled buy Dogs Storm panthers all teams with size. Our playing roster needs a overhaul or be much the same next year.

We need players that have heart because most of the guys playing for us dont have heart. Its not good when u have no named plays and rookies schooling our big named players come on guys grow some balls and step up and play football again

We need players that have heart because most of the guys playing for us dont have heart. Its not good when u have no named plays and rookies schooling our big named players come on guys grow some balls and step up and play football again

we need some big angry ***** that just want to run hard and kill in defence. Our forwards are just too nice. We have no leader in the forwards that the pack wants to rally around. I like Josh Mac, but to me he's not quite the prop that should be your number one. He's the Petero of Webke, or the Gee of Lazarus, the Neibling of Dowling for you older guys. Unfortunately he doesn't have a number one prop to support, and I just don't think he quite cuts it as number 1.

we need some big angry ***** that just want to run hard and kill in defence. Our forwards are just too nice. We have no leader in the forwards that the pack wants to rally around. I like Josh Mac, but to me he's not quite the prop that should be your number one. He's the Petero of Webke, or the Gee of Lazarus, the Neibling of Dowling for you older guys. Unfortunately he doesn't have a number one prop to support, and I just don't think he quite cuts it as number 1.

Teams this year have learnt to run through us not around us like last year. We need some size for next season or it's going to be the same story. Can't compete with the bigger better teams in the comp

Funny how the rule changes have achieved the opposite of their intended effect. Now we have big packs and wrestling dominating instead of small blokes carving up and open footy. The refereeing is spineless, and the NRL clueless.

We need to sign someone like Napa, Korbin, or Moa (or pull a dragons/ parra and sign some massive convict straight out of prison) and recruit a Gracie for the off season.

Last edited:
Funny how the rule changes have achieved the opposite of their intended effect. Now we have big packs and wrestling dominating instead of small blokes carving up and open footy. The refereeing is spineless, and the NRL clueless.

We need to sign someone like Napa, Korbin, or Moa (or pull a dragons/ parra and sign some massive convict straight out of prison) and recruit a Gracie for the off season.

Yes! Fly out the Gracie brothers in the off season! Don't know why bjj isn't being taught to nrl teams. Not just for wrestling but to counter wrestling and get up from tackles quicker.

Yes! Fly out the Gracie brothers in the off season! Don't know why bjj isn't being taught to nrl teams. Not just for wrestling but to counter wrestling and get up from tackles quicker.

Weren't Melbourne practicing it regularly back in the dim dark days where the game was basically wrestlemania (we're not far away from returning to that period, either)?

Weren't Melbourne practicing it regularly back in the dim dark days where the game was basically wrestlemania (we're not far away from returning to that period, either)?

Don't think we'll be doing arm bars and that. Just more learning how to throw people off that are laying on top in the rucks. Leg locks would work well in slowing down rucks too without physically maiming limbs

Rory Kostjasyn was among the Cowboys best on Thursday night with a hand in 3 or 4 tries (w/2 try assists awarded directly to him). But unfortunately it looks like the Knights will sign him, hopefully Paul White can come in with a last minute offer.

This is from this weeks market watch:

North Queensland hooker Rory Kostjasyn has been identified as Newcastle’s No.1 recruitment target for 2017.Market Watch can reveal the club has had several conversations with Kostjasyn’s manager and will table a formal offer by the end of the month.
Robbie Rochow headlines their list of priority re-signings, with the 25-year-old local attracting serious interest from rivals South Sydney, Parramatta and Cronulla.
It’s understood the Knights will attempt to tie up Rochow and formalise an offer for Kostjasyn before making any other serious bids for players. This includes Greg Bird, who has not been given a release from the final season of his contract to move from the Gold Coast to the Knights.

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

No.

Rory Kostjasyn was among the Cowboys best on Thursday night with a hand in 3 or 4 tries (w/2 try assists awarded directly to him). But unfortunately it looks like the Knights will sign him, hopefully Paul White can come in with a last minute offer.

This is from this weeks market watch:

North Queensland hooker Rory Kostjasyn has been identified as Newcastle’s No.1 recruitment target for 2017.Market Watch can reveal the club has had several conversations with Kostjasyn’s manager and will table a formal offer by the end of the month.
Robbie Rochow headlines their list of priority re-signings, with the 25-year-old local attracting serious interest from rivals South Sydney, Parramatta and Cronulla.
It’s understood the Knights will attempt to tie up Rochow and formalise an offer for Kostjasyn before making any other serious bids for players. This includes Greg Bird, who has not been given a release from the final season of his contract to move from the Gold Coast to the Knights.

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

Newcastle can have him

This routine is really old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Muros
  • Dash
  • Nerd
  • Manofoneway
  • mystico
  • Financeguy
  • Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.