Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are we on the re-signing front? Have heard nothing on Gillett & Kodi signings front so far (other than journos saying they are close and done)
Wish the club would hurry up and confirm them for us. There are still a few players without deals for next year.

This is our list this year:

Carlin Anderson
Herman Ese’ese
Matt Gillett
Lachlan Maranta
Francis Molo
Kodi Nikorima
Tom Opacic (just resigned)
Travis Waddell
Jonus Pearson (just resigned)
Dale Copley (Immediate release to Roosters until end of 2018)
Brett Grienke (Immediate release to Rabbitohs until end of 2017)
Greg Eden (Castleford until end of 2018)
Corey Parker (Retiring at end of the season)
Jarrod Wallace (Titans until end of 2019)

I still think Nikorima is gone to the Storm, despite what journos are saying, Anderson is also likely to leave for opportunities elsewhere according to Chris Garry.

So, from the players remaining on that list, we've only gotta re-sign Gillett, Ese'ese & Waddell.

I don't rate Tui.... I think he's a flashy player that's gotten a huge rep based on... nothing so far in the NRL.

Report is that James Graham and his wife bought a West End property on the weekend.

Heard it from the real estate agent.

May be nothing but may be related to the prop rumour....

Report is that James Graham and his wife bought a West End property on the weekend.

Investment property maybe. Trying to keep [MENTION=1976]Nashy[/MENTION] from being a home-owner.

Reports Gillett is being chased by the Sea Eagles.

Please no. Just more of what we already have. No big metres out of James Graham. Yes he's tough but doesn't really bend the line. And takes hit ups on the 4th tackle in the opposition 20 all the time!

They can't afford him thanks to their ridiculous DCE contract and having bought rep player after rep player, plus they will need to spend big to re-sign the Trouvljellyi brothers.

Please no. Just more of what we already have. No big metres out of James Graham. Yes he's tough but doesn't really bend the line. And takes hit ups on the 4th tackle in the opposition 20 all the time!

Seriously? He is fantastic. He can ball play and you know he won't settle for mediocre from any of our players at any time. Could be just the tonic our forward pack needs. He would cost too much though.

Seriously? He is fantastic. He can ball play and you know he won't settle for mediocre from any of our players at any time. Could be just the tonic our forward pack needs. He would cost too much though.

This. He'd be an excellent leader for the forwards, and he'd make sure the refs were well aware when they are being bias shit *****.

Not to mention the fact he is a pom ... so he will be available to lead our pack when the rest are away on origin duty

Not to mention the fact he is a pom ... so he will be available to lead our pack when the rest are away on origin duty

And his pommie coach will be coaching him in Brisbane....

Surely it's an investment property. Last time I went to West End(admittedly a long time ago) it was full of hipsters in skinny jeans. I just can't see James Graham fitting in there.

Last edited:
Graham averages 161m per game and has over 3300m for the year. For reference, our best is McGuire with 136m per game for 2600m total. Considering Graham passes for a large percentage of his runs, that's great stats.

It will never happen, but if James Graham signed for the Broncos we'd be nigh unbackable favourites for the premiership.

Graham has made up for lost time and is among the best front row forwards in the game. I'd dare say if he wasn't with the Bulldogs, Canterbury would struggle to be a Top 8 side, let alone on their way to cementing a Top 4 position.

He'd be the perfect replacement for Parker. I actually find it odd that nobody is dreading his retirement. Who is possibly going to fill his shoes? Arrow and Pangai Jr may have potential, but that's all they have at this stage. In all likelihood, they won't approach Parker's quality of work until 2019. That's an awful long time to wait in Rugby League, so a replacement is certainly needed.

The next few months are going to be interesting. With Bennett's status as not only the most successful coach in the history of the game, but also as the England coach, it will be interesting to see which players the Broncos will lure. Given the Raiders success recruiting talent from the ESL (Hodgson, Soliola, Whitehead), I wonder what the mastercoach has in store.

Same article on Twitter also claims Vaughn is probably going to be released by the Raiders, i wouldn't mind seeing him in Broncos colours

Sarcasm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Howie
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.