Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no. Just more of what we already have. No big metres out of James Graham. Yes he's tough but doesn't really bend the line. And takes hit ups on the 4th tackle in the opposition 20 all the time!

I'd take him any day of the week. Get Blair or McGuire to lock, and start with Graham and whoever isn't at lock. Bring on monsters like Pangai and whoever off the bench.

I just think we need a Nelson Solomona type that can bend the line with every touch. Yes Graham has good ball playing skills but if you watch the Bulldogs alot of their plays die with him and Tolman taking hit ups in attacking positions. To be it would be like getting a slightly upgraded Adam Blair...

Graham would be great for us but I just can't imagine him playing anywhere but Canterbury.

Saw a rumour on fb that fensom is in talks with Brisbane

I don't want Graham at the Broncos, but only because it would make my home life tremendously uncomfortable. I don't think my wife would ever forgive the Broncos for stealing her favourite player.

He'd be a great fit at the Broncs though.

Graham averages 161m per game and has over 3300m for the year. For reference, our best is McGuire with 136m per game for 2600m total. Considering Graham passes for a large percentage of his runs, that's great stats.

It will never happen, but if James Graham signed for the Broncos we'd be nigh unbackable favourites for the premiership.

I don't think it will happen either, but he would be great for us. Decent sized prop, runs hard, has a bit of ball playing in him, hits hard and competes like few others in the game.

Would be a great replacement (in the squad) for Parker and would round out our pack nicely.

Is already 30 though and longevity is a bit of a concern, if it actually looked likely it would happen...

Saw a rumour on fb that fensom is in talks with Brisbane

I heard a rumour from a rumour that may or may not have started from a rumour that there was a rumour on Friendface that someone killed their wife and that the Broncos rumoured to be in talks with someone somewhere. Just a rumour though so please keep it quiet so the rumourer is never rumoured to be leaked.

I just think we need a Nelson Solomona type that can bend the line with every touch. Yes Graham has good ball playing skills but if you watch the Bulldogs alot of their plays die with him and Tolman taking hit ups in attacking positions. To be it would be like getting a slightly upgraded Adam Blair...

Slightly? Blair has been far better at Brisbane for the most part than what I ever thought he would be and egg on my face for that but even a Bulldogs hater couldn't agree that Graham is a SLIGHT upgrade on Blair. That is actually a slight on Graham, they are hardly in the same ballpark except for the fact they both do noticeable dirty work.

Hard no on Fensom, he's a great defender, but he just doesn't make enough metres for a modern day starting forward. We need metres.

Would love Graham. What a fantastic player, and competitor. We could use an angry **** in our team TBH. We have too many laid back players. We need a Hodges ilk niggler/angry bastard who's willing to lay into the opposition and make it personal.

Would love Graham. What a fantastic player, and competitor. We could use an angry **** in our team TBH. We have too many laid back players. We need a Hodges ilk niggler/angry bastard who's willing to lay into the opposition and make it personal.

Yeah someone who's not afraid to sink their teeth in.

Genuinely stunned that there are posters here that wouldn't want James Graham.

My ex wife would be perfect then. I'll give her a call and see if she's available.

I heard a rumour from a rumour that may or may not have started from a rumour that there was a rumour on Friendface that someone killed their wife and that the Broncos rumoured to be in talks with someone somewhere. Just a rumour though so please keep it quiet so the rumourer is never rumoured to be leaked.

Hilarious.

If I had a spare $10 and decided to buy the Knights and I had to completely fill the roster 1-25, Graham would without doubt be the first forward I picked.

I am a massive fan of him as a leader and as a prop.... He's exactly what we need in the forwards.

I don't want Graham at the Broncos, but only because it would make my home life tremendously uncomfortable. I don't think my wife would ever forgive the Broncos for stealing her favourite player.

He'd be a great fit at the Broncs though.

Pffft, angry sex is great.

If I had a spare $10 and decided to buy the Knights and I had to completely fill the roster 1-25, Graham would without doubt be the first forward I picked.

I am a massive fan of him as a leader and as a prop.... He's exactly what we need in the forwards.

$10 for the Knights? Sounds awfully steep to me.

Graham has made up for lost time and is among the best front row forwards in the game. I'd dare say if he wasn't with the Bulldogs, Canterbury would struggle to be a Top 8 side, let alone on their way to cementing a Top 4 position.

He'd be the perfect replacement for Parker. I actually find it odd that nobody is dreading his retirement. Who is possibly going to fill his shoes? Arrow and Pangai Jr may have potential, but that's all they have at this stage. In all likelihood, they won't approach Parker's quality of work until 2019. That's an awful long time to wait in Rugby League, so a replacement is certainly needed.

The next few months are going to be interesting. With Bennett's status as not only the most successful coach in the history of the game, but also as the England coach, it will be interesting to see which players the Broncos will lure. Given the Raiders success recruiting talent from the ESL (Hodgson, Soliola, Whitehead), I wonder what the mastercoach has in store.

I'm not dreading the retirement of Parker that much.

Sure, he would be a loss. But I don't think we'll miss him as much as people think.

In the games I've watched where he wasn't there, I really don't think we missed him that much.

I think we have players in the side that can cover his loss.

I think we already have the perfect replacement for Parker, and he is playing in the second row next to Hunt.

I think our biggest worry is who is going to play next to Hunt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • theshed
  • Wild Horse
  • thenry
  • NSW stables
  • jarro65
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.