Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone actually read the article?

[FONT=&quot]But the sheer size of Manly’s offer will almost certainly force him to leave his mates at the Broncos.[/FONT]

The article has no substance, and is just assuming that given he will be offered so much extra he couldn't possibly stay. They're fucking douche bags.

The article has no substance, and is just assuming that given he will be offered so much extra he couldn't possibly stay. They're fucking douche bags.

Didn't the Raiders think that about Milford :laugh:

The media act like players careers and lives are an auction.

"My family are settled in Brisbane, but Manly won the auction so oh well..."

Love Gillet and what he brings to the team, but I wouldn't be going into a bidding war with an idiot pulling a Stuart in terms of offering overs. He's getting to an age where his injuries are catching up to him, so that's something we need to keep in mind (even though I wouldn't flick him because of it). Hypothetically, if we have a top tier prop coming we can move Blair in the second row or something for a like for like replacement.

It's redundant though, because there's no way manly or the Sharks can afford him, surely.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, Gillett is a massive player, but if it comes down to trying to match that offer, and Matt wants the money, we've gotta let him leave. 2nd Row is the one position we do have reasonable options for even without him, Thaiday, Glenn, Su'A, Blair and potentially Oates down the track.

I love Gillett, but if he wants the big money we shouldn't match it.

For me, only halves, hookers and fullbacks are worth big money.

Last edited:
Chris Garry hinted at a big prop signing yet to come, any news ?

Glenn Lazarus is looking for work. (seeing as he isn't a senator any more) And he is humongous .

Let's say that hypothetically Gillett goes, isn't that basically half of Manly's salary cap in TWO players? Throw in the Trobolobololobolobolobovic brothers, Taufua, Matai, Taupau, Stewart, Walker, Myles, they would not even be able to fit a full team on the field with minimum wagers without being over the cap, let alone filling out a top 25.

Surely Israel Folau is sick of playing for the rabble that is the Wallabies. Time to come home Izzy....For cheap.

JORDAN Kahu has assured Broncos fans he is not going anywhere, denying rumours he is homesick for New Zealand.

The Kiwi international has been plagued by suggestions he wants to return to his country of birth, after it was originally reported in June that he was considering the move due to family reasons.

The versatile Broncos back was born in Lower Hutt, in the Wellington region of New Zealand, while his long-term partner Jess Kent is also from the same area.

It has been rumoured the couple, who welcomed daughter Jayla into the world last year, were looking at a move back to New Zealand, with Kahu to join the Warriors.

But Kahu has dismissed the suggestions, saying he has no plans to walk out on his contract with the Broncos.

Signed until the end of next year, Kahu said he had seen the rumours on social media, with fans recently contributing to the growing speculation they could be without him next year.

“I’ve seen those rumours on Facebook but I’m not even from Auckland,” he said in regards to the Warriors’ base in New Zealand.

“People say I’m homesick but I don’t know where that’s come from … it’s not the case.

“I’m definitely very happy here in Brisbane and I’m here for another year. I’m a Bronco for now.”

Kahu signed a two year deal with the Broncos last year and said at the time that he wanted to repay the club for the faith they had in him.

The talented youngster was rocked by several major injuries early on in his career, including ACL ruptures suffered in the pre-seasons of 2011 and 2012.

Kahu and his partner also wanted to raise their daughter in Queensland where they have been settled since Kahu left New Zealand in 2008.

Kahu, who has suffered two pectoral tears this year, boosted Brisbane’s backline this week when he made his return from injury on Thursday night against the Bulldogs. He has since pulled up well and should be fine to back up against Melbourne on Friday.

Having missed the Broncos’ last meeting with the Storm — an embarrassing 48-6 loss — Kahu said he was determined to help his teammates get revenge.

“Obviously we had that bad streak but we’ve turned it around at the right time leading into the finals,” he said.

“We have Melbourne next week which are a good team but they’re the teams we want to be playing heading into the finals.

“We want to get the finals experience before it actually starts. It’s good to get a roll on.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Last edited:
I don't reckon he'll be in Broncos colours in 2017...

I don't reckon he'll be in Broncos colours in 2017...

I do...

Besides most teams have filled their rosters for next year and there is certainly no way for the Warriors to afford anyone else (expecially if they get Foran)

Last edited:
It would be great to keep him. Class player in several positions.

That said, looks like we have a few junior options starting to come good. Plus it's anyone's guess how his career will play out given injuries.

Hopefully we retain him, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if he left.

I do...

Besides most teams have filled their rosters for next year and there is certainly no way for the Warriors to afford anyone else (expecially if they get Foran)

You're probably right, and if there is any loyalty left in the game today he will stay and repay the club for sticking by him through all of his injuries. I love the guy, if he can stay injury free he's massive on the field.

Does anything think that next year might be the year Oates moves into the forwards? I hope not, I want him to stay in the backs his whole career but given Bennett's words about Pearson being ahead of schedule and given it seems Roberts and Opacic have the centres sewn up, it seems the only movable piece in the back line is Oates. I love what we all saw in Pearson and want to see him in the team next year but don't want it to be at the expense of Oates who is immense for us on that left wing. Thoughts?

And it's not like the warriors have a shortage of outside backs

Does anything think that next year might be the year Oates moves into the forwards? I hope not, I want him to stay in the backs his whole career but given Bennett's words about Pearson being ahead of schedule and given it seems Roberts and Opacic have the centres sewn up, it seems the only movable piece in the back line is Oates. I love what we all saw in Pearson and want to see him in the team next year but don't want it to be at the expense of Oates who is immense for us on that left wing. Thoughts?

I'd like him in the 12 if he does get moved..He will always worry me under the high ball and I'd love to see him running on to some short passes in the middle close the line. He played there a bit under Hook didn't he? He is a great winger and can score a try so I'll be happy if he stays where he is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Emanon
  • KickHaas
  • Ironbroncos
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.