Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett gets one over Griffin - Rugby League Week

THE PANTHERS have suffered a blow by missing out on the services of strength and conditioning guru Alex Corvo.

Regarded as the best trainer in rugby league, Corvo received a tempting offer to join Penrith last month, as was revealed in RLW.

But RLW has learned that Corvo has opted to remain with the Broncos for 2017 and beyond.

The Panthers’ dilemma is that head coach Anthony Griffin, who worked with Corvo at the Broncos, has already dismissed his two veteran trainers – Ron Palmer and David Boyle – for next season.

The Panthers are now racing the clock and are on the lookout for an experienced sports science expert to take over conditioning of the players for 2017.

Corvo’s decision is a major victory for veteran Broncos coach Wayne Bennett over his former offsider Griffin.

Griffin dismissed them? Yeah right....

I am too cynical. I just read that as "RLW were wrong all along about Corvo going to the Panthers".

A nice win for us.

Corvo is a prized signature by the sounds of it.

It's the only win Bennett can get over Griffin.

Didn't Hook get sacked and replaced by Bennett? Who wins that round?

RLW said he was going not that he might; I said at the time he wasn't.

Well griffin has had the last laugh over Bennett how many times now?

Broncos 5th and fighting for the top 4

Penrith 7th and clinging to the 8.

If you didn't know which coach was where, what would your first assumption be?

Last edited:
Broncos 5th and fighting for the top 4

Penrith 7th and clinging to the 8.

If you didn't know which coach was where, what would your first assumption be?

I'm talking about Griffins record against Bennett

I believe we are being linked to Luke Walsh. (It could also be the Cowboys or Raiders)

CqlMGndUEAAxwIk.jpg:large

Last edited:
You could probably take the cows out as Morgan and Thurston are incumbents in the team?

Well no, the article specifically states he'd be great cover for their halves during Origin or injury. That sounds more like the Cowboys than anyone else tbh.

Well no, the article specifically states he'd be great cover for their halves during Origin or injury. That sounds more like the Cowboys than anyone else tbh.

It says 'if they get selected'. Can't see Walters sitting around the selection table wondering IF he will select Thurston.

So that leaves:

Broncos
Raiders
Warriors
Titans
Storm
Cowboys

Cowboys are no 'if'. Titans are no chance of having their halves selected yet. Storm don't even know who their five-eigth will be. Warriors halves don't do origin.

So that leaves:

Broncos
Raiders

Also worth noting that I believe the Raiders have tabled a 1 year extension to Sam Williams, so they're pretty well covered for halves depth.. I think it's us.

Edit: Fits the profile as well, he's the type of player Wayne would probably snag from England, highly experienced and solid back-up playmaker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Emanon
  • Astro
  • Howie
  • Ironbroncos
  • Fitzy
  • KickHaas
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.