Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Scoop.

A hefty scoop of bullshit IMO.

So who do we take in all seriousness? Inglis or Folau?

I honestly wouldn't take either. Way too much money to put into just two players (Milford and Folau). And Inglis is on a downhill slide now.

Last edited:
Ok NSW, we see your Hayne, and raise you a Folau.

Folau for sure. Alot of money to pay for a centre though.

I honestly wouldn't take either. Way too much money to put into just two players (Milford and Folau). And Inglis is on a downhill slide now.

Works for Melbourne.

The rorters managed to squeeze SBW into an already star studded side (the bulk of which consists of non-juniors). Cronulla just trotted off and literally purchased their entire spine/ most of their side, a move that puts even rorters spending sprees to shame. The Raiders seem to be paying overs for every single player on their roster, yet are somehow not close to the cap. The cows have the starting Aus prop rotation + JT + an Aus and QLD incumbent at 6 + the best 13 in the game + other reps in their squad. Melbourne are Melbourne.

Our current side isn't as jam packed with stars as people claim it is, plus the bulk of our player base are club juniors.

FORMER Wallaby Greg Martin has launched an epic rant against the Queensland Reds’ reported signing of Brisbane Broncos winger Lachlan Maranta.

The NRL star has reportedly played his final game for the Broncos and is expected to be unveiled as a new signing of the Queensland Super Rugby franchise soon.
The Reds on Thursday celebrated the return of star playmaker Quade Cooper on a three-year deal which keeps him in rugby until the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan, but Martin was much more interested in the reported confirmation Maranta is also joining the team.
Maranta, who missed eight matches earlier this season with a knee injury, has played just eight matches in 2016 and has not played since round 22.
The 24-year-old is the son of former league player Brett Plowman and Godson of Broncos coach Wayne Bennett.
Martin did not hold back in his assessment of the Reds’ recruitment strategy.
“Whoever is signing at the Reds until 10am this morning has done a dreadful job,” Martin told Triple M Brisbane’s Marto and Ed Kavalee for Breakfast on Thursday morning ahead of Cooper’s contract announcement.

“Last week they signed Lachie Maranta. Worst signing I have ever seen in my life.
“If the Reds want to get a player who the Broncos... sorry,... but if Wayne Bennett is prepared to get rid of his Godson and his former PA’s son and Brett Plowmans’ son in Lachie Maranta. If he’s prepared to get rid of him, that would indicate that he’s a crap player.”

“The Reds immediately snapped him up and crowed about it. That is the worst signing I’ve ever seen. It’s the last thing the Reds need because there is something that Queensland Rugby has got everywhere through youth rugby, through schools rugby is exciting young wingers and we pick up a dud who the Broncos want to get rid of because he’s had a knee injury.”
He said the Reds’ recent punt on former St George Illawarra NRL star Eto Nabuli to make the transition to Super Rugby was also a failure.
“They picked up a dud last year that Eto Nabuli that used to play for St George,” he said.
“He might be six foot six and fast, but you’ve still got to be able to play. You’ve got to have some natural ability for Rugby.”

Lachlan Maranta Queensland Reds: Broncos signing is ‘worst I have ever seen’

Poor Maranta hasn't even played a game yet and is already copping it.

Last edited:
The NRL star has reportedly played his final game for the Broncos and is expected to be unveiled as a new signing of the Queensland Super Rugby franchise soon.

UB1eV.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • OnToSomething
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.