Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shit. I think a 1 year deal is the go until we can gauge his value over a longer duration.

Regarding Maranta, **** whoever this Marto bloke is. Lachlan might be a bit of a spud but he's our spud (at least still in spirit). Wish him all the best.

Marto (Greg Martin) is a radio host on triple m here in Brisbane and is a fox sports Union commentator as well as an ex Wallabies and Reds player from the 80's

Marto (Greg Martin) is a radio host on triple m here in Brisbane and is a fox sports Union commentator as well as an ex Wallabies and Reds player from the 80's
Never heard of the fucker.

So many NRL numpties have gone on to have fairly good careers in Union. Even played for Australia.

So many NRL numpties have gone on to have fairly good careers in Union. Even played for Australia.

Sailor, tuquiri, rogers. What other "numpties"?

Sailor, tuquiri, rogers. What other "numpties"?

Ryan Cross, although he was pretty good in league.

Berrick Barnes wasn't that great in his short league stint either, although he was very young at the time.

Last edited:
Timana Tahu is another one who played for the Wallabies, that move to union killed his career imo. Andrew Walker is another league player that switched codes and played for the Wallabies.

The step down from league to union is massive. Quade Cooper was a B grade junior league player, then all of a sudden is playing for the Wallabies and is their best player. Berrick Barnes couldn't make the Broncos side, yet walks into the Wallabies.

Maranta will be a revelation in union because he will be literally the only back in the entire sport who can tackle.

Isn't Eto Nabuli killing it in rugby?

Isn't Eto Nabuli killing it in rugby?

Nope, just as enigmatic as before.

Marto has been involved with the media for a long time. He rarely sticks with an agenda for long and will just resort to hyperbole to get his point across. There was a snippet earlier in the year, on Rugby 360, where Marto couldn't have been more supportive of signing NRL backs. This was in response to the signing of Marika Koroibete, but he was also complimentary of Eto Nabuli. Unless he changed his opinion over time, something tells me Marto was just in the mood to hang shit on the Reds and went for some low hanging fruit.

I tend to agree with his stance here. Whenever you look at the NRL converts who did well, they were generally younger players with a rah rah background. That's why Barnes was able to make the transition so well, the guy was a natural athlete and could have even been a star cricket player if he wanted to. He gave Union a fair crack, but he wasn't the most popular player among fans. In fact I remember his selection at Fullback against the Pumuls in 2012 was akin to Josh Hoffman's selection at 6. Fans thought Deans had lost the plot and were so happy to see him hand his resignation back in 2013.

I'm not sure if they're still happy given the recent run of results.

Folau missed out on playing under Bennett last time too. Could be something on his bucket list..

If Deans couldn't get anything out of he Wallies, it kind of shows rugby players in Australia just aren't good enough.

I saw a picture of him in the sheds after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.