Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went to super league and is killing it over their and is looking to head back to Australia
Cheers👍 was asked that the other day...never followed his career obviously haha but knew he was killing it one year then never heard of him again

Tbf , who wasn't ordinary? Only a few can hold their heads high , and the injuries caused some of the debuts. You can't disregard the fact that the only footy being played was first grade, so the sink or swim mentality was the only option. Hopefully next year we will see the ISC back and our youngster's can actually play week in week out

He got overhyped by way too many people. Look at the idiots at the courier mail who put him as a better prospect at fullback than Lockyer and K.Hunt. Madness.

I don’t agree either that the sink or swim mentality was the only option. A good coach imo wouldn’t have just kept throwing these Kids into the side. Some of them could have been held back. We mismanaged them including Carrigan and Haas who we constantly ran into the ground. No ISC doesn’t mean we just throw these players in and hope for the best.

I thought he was very ordinary. Didnt offer much in attack and driven back in pretty much every tackle. He certainly doesnt warranty the kind of hype he was given both in the press and on here by some people. He is nowhere even close to Karmichael Hunt when he debuted. As i said at the time though, he was badly let down by getting thrown into the side when he was nowhere near ready with barely any experienced players around him to help him out. Coates is very similar, has potential, but needs a good year or two in ISC to develop. This obsession with people wanting to throw in every promising kid who gets a newspaper article written about them is very misguided. Anyone with any brains new it was a recipe for disaster, and sadly, those of us who said it were right.

I looked at Niu in 2 ways, his talent/skills as an emerging player, a junior, and the team he was in, including why he was there in the first place, as you described. My comments were in that context, and I stand by them. I am not interested in the hype, just his play. That he was thrown in as a promising kid was not part of my commentary on him.

Comparisons with KHunt are I feel a little unfair given the team Hunt around him in his debut in 2004: Lockyer, Webcke, Tallis, Civo etc etc. Compare that to the team Niu was in. Again, I was, and am only interested in his abilities and for mine, he showed he has heaps, which is what matters.

Last edited:
I looked at Niu in 2 ways, his talent/skills as an emerging player, a junior, and the team he was in, including why he was there in the first place, as you described. My comments were in that context, and I stand by them. I am not interested in the hype, just his play. That he was thrown in as a promising kid was not part of my commentary on him.

Comparisons with KHunt are I feel a little unfair given the team Hunt around him in his debut in 2004: Lockyer, Webcke, Tallis, Civo etc etc. Compare that to the team Niu was in. Again, I was, and am only interested in his abilities and for mine, he showed he has heaps, which is what matters.

Must admit I've been watching him for a couple of years now and just never seen that much in him. He looks like he could be solid enough, and there is nothing wrong with that either, im just confused where people are getting that he could become an elite class player from.

Must admit I've been watching him for a couple of years now and just never seen that much in him. He looks like he could be solid enough, and there is nothing wrong with that either, im just confused where people are getting that he could become an elite class player from.

Yes, the next Lockyer was a bit rich, exactly what Niu didn't need.

Interesting that he’s exactly the same size as olam, I think you’ve mentioned before that he’s played his best at center? I don’t think he’s a fb but he’s so young who knows.

He got overhyped by way too many people. Look at the idiots at the courier mail who put him as a better prospect at fullback than Lockyer and K.Hunt. Madness.

I don’t agree either that the sink or swim mentality was the only option. A good coach imo wouldn’t have just kept throwing these Kids into the side. Some of them could have been held back. We mismanaged them including Carrigan and Haas who we constantly ran into the ground. No ISC doesn’t mean we just throw these players in and hope for the best.
What kid coming through that makes rep teams dosen't, they're all superstars to the media.
In some cases it was the only option due to injuries and suspensions , we were pretty thin for a chunk of the year with only training form to go by. I'm not saying it was the best option (for obvious reasons) but maybe was the only one.
Not making excuses either just saying it how it was.

Hunt also debuted on the wing , definitely an easier position.

Interesting that he’s exactly the same size as olam, I think you’ve mentioned before that he’s played his best at center? I don’t think he’s a fb but he’s so young who knows.

His passing game looks excellent from his QCup days. What I like about him again was his instincts, his sense of position, support play. Just makes the pre-season and onwards all the more interesting, to see what team Walters picks and why.

Personally I think Nui is to small to play fullback and doesn’t have the other attributes required for you to ignore his height

He's 5cm taller than Matt Bowen, 2cms taller than Clive Churchill and and 6 cms shorter than me

Last edited:
His passing game looks excellent from his QCup days. What I like about him again was his instincts, his sense of position, support play. Just makes the pre-season and onwards all the more interesting, to see what team Walters picks and why.
Apart from that two on one against titans when he past when Thompson had already started running to the winger, that was terrible. Looks to have a mean step though.

Last edited:
Hunt also debuted on the wing , definitely an easier position.
Fullback mate, wasn’t named to start but replaced Motu Tony before kick-off IIRC.

Tony was brought in during the off-season to be our full-time fullback and barely got a run after Hunt debuted and killed it.

Left after one season I believe.

Last edited:
What kid coming through that makes rep teams dosen't, they're all superstars to the media.
In some cases it was the only option due to injuries and suspensions , we were pretty thin for a chunk of the year with only training form to go by. I'm not saying it was the best option (for obvious reasons) but maybe was the only one.
Not making excuses either just saying it how it was.

They do get hyped up, but to put him in not just in the same league, but above Hunt and Lockyer was laughable.

Fullback mate, wasn’t named to start but replaced Motu Tony before kick-off IIRC.

Tony was brought in during the off-season to be our full-time fullback and barely got a run after Hunt debuted and killed it.

Left after one season I believe.
Ahh yes , my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Lostboy
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • levikaden
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Maddy
  • Xzei
  • Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.