NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
they got foran on a cheap 100k a season deal

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
One of the main reasons Wendell Sailor was happy to move on from his role as Dragons ambassador is to be a more present father to his son Tristan as he makes his way as an NRL player. Tristan is on his way up in the game, staring at junior level for the Dragons and for NSW.
"I like to share my experience, but more than that, I want to be there as a dad," Sailor said. "It's partly to do with what I went through as a young bloke and the unresolved issues I have."
Sailor was given away when he was two days old, his neighbours adopting him. "I do work with kids who are going through some kind of separation and I relay my own experiences," he said. "I let the anger and resentment build up and that came across in the away I treated people and behaved in some situations ... and now I hope I'm improving and helping people. But my focus is my kids and helping Tristan navigate what he is facing."
Tristan is facing a difficult decision: to stay with the Dragons or possibly play at another one of his father's clubs, the Broncos. There is talk Wests Tigers want to sign him as well. "Wayne Bennett asked me if Tristan would be interested in moving up to Brisbane, which is very flattering. It will be his decision ultimately, but he has had a lot of help from Craig Young at the Dragons – he has been very good for him."

Weidler.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-te-maire-martin-rumours-20170701-gx2sgf.html

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Would happily have Tristan at the club, he looks like a real good prospect.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
he looks very promising too hopefully he comes

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Whilst I detest this attitude of "I'm worth $X, pay me or or I'm leaving", we have to retain Roberts. Pay him what he wants and secure him into a 4 year deal. We are a genuine premiership threat with him in the team. Some of the others will need to take a pay cut.

What sort of deal is Thaiday on at the moment? We would do well to cut the fat (literally) there for sure. Kahu should be retained, but he needs to stay for smaller coin.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I really hope that James' 'agent' is making him aware that he will be throwing his career away if he leaves.
You think player agents actually care about the players they represent? They are just easily replaced cash cows to them.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'd heard this about Roberts a long time ago, and his performances this year have only added to his value. I still dont think the club are convinced he has turned the corner off the pitch long term yet, which is why they are hesitant to pay him really big money.

Bird is a quality player, i just think he is a bit of a grub.

Last edited:
T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
You think player agents actually care about the players they represent? They are just easily replaced cash cows to them.

thats garbage, player agents are employed to get the best deal for their clients!! how can you be grudge that..
i agree that there a few in the game i wouldnt piss on if they were one fire but to suggest their players are just cash cows that can easily be replaced is way off the mark.
majority of agents engage a relationship with the kids and their parents at a very young age and a lot of the time the agents dont get paid until the kid hits the nrl or at all because there are a lot that dont make it.
i have seen many an occasion where agents have put food on the table for kids and their families, paid for their trips away on rep duty etc, electricity bills and so on....
fyi - it cost over $2000 to send your kid to the aus school boys carnival recently and i can guarantee you the a sizeable portion of the socio demograph of rugby league players/parents dont have that cash to spend. agents will sometimes help pay these costs to ensure the kids can play for their respective states etc. pretty sad hey that the game doesnt cover this and make the kids pay to represent their state. my opinion, it stinks!

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Let Kahu leave and put Kahu's share on Roberts contract.

N

_noosh

NYC Player
Oct 3, 2016
thats garbage, player agents are employed to get the best deal for their clients!! how can you be grudge that..
i agree that there a few in the game i wouldnt piss on if they were one fire but to suggest their players are just cash cows that can easily be replaced is way off the mark.
majority of agents engage a relationship with the kids and their parents at a very young age and a lot of the time the agents dont get paid until the kid hits the nrl or at all because there are a lot that dont make it.
i have seen many an occasion where agents have put food on the table for kids and their families, paid for their trips away on rep duty etc, electricity bills and so on....
fyi - it cost over $2000 to send your kid to the aus school boys carnival recently and i can guarantee you the a sizeable portion of the socio demograph of rugby league players/parents dont have that cash to spend. agents will sometimes help pay these costs to ensure the kids can play for their respective states etc. pretty sad hey that the game doesnt cover this and make the kids pay to represent their state. my opinion, it stinks!

talanoa is an agent: confirmed

:)

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Tell Thaiday to retire and let Kahu go, there you have your money to retain Roberts, Joffa and Fai. If you still don't have enough, let Ese'ese go too, he's a loss for sure but not a present a game changer like Roberts is.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Tell Thaiday to retire and let Kahu go, there you have your money to retain Roberts, Joffa and Fai. If you still don't have enough, let Ese'ese go too, he's a loss for sure but not a present a game changer like Roberts is.

If we let Kahu go we are going to go back to not converting a lot of tries.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Would still have to pay Sammy out if "told to retire". You don't release half your squad just to retain a player who lives a chaotic life. An amazing talent, I agree, but not worth breaking the bank over.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Let Kahu leave and put Kahu's share on Roberts contract.
You are a fool if you want Kahu to leave ... especially for a guy who is a better than even chance if getting sacked.

Not only is Kahu a quality player (That isn't asking for big money)

But he is by far the best goal kicker in the club. And I for one don't want to go back to the days of worrying whether goal kicking would cost us the match.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I agree with you on most things but allowing Kahu to go would be a monumental mistake ... especially if we are forced to sack Roberts on the near future...

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Kahu is good but what if he does his knee again that would be the end similar to Moga too injury prone

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Kahu is good but what if he does his knee again that would be the end similar to Moga too injury prone
Serious injury can happen to anyone. Kahu hasn't had a bad injury in three years. You don't release someone because of the injuries you fear might happen to him in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BooKhaki
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.