Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napa is extremely overrated at club land, he did well in Origin, but he's pretty useless for the Rooters generally. Would much prefer we just gives the minutes to the guys we've got.

The rorters don't subsidise salaries. It's either you pay the entire worth of the contract or they'll find a way to fire them (drugs, behaviour, etc).

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=020a2610667ded4846ba2ad575672707-1509942543

BRONCOS PLAN FOR FUTURE

They may’ve recently re-signed Darius Boyd but Brisbane have one eye to the future.
The Broncos have re-signed teenage No.1 Fanitesi Niu on a three-year-deal.
Having represented the Queensland under 16s Origin side this year, Niu is a product of Marsden State High School.
He joins the full-time squad for the 2019 season in his final year of school.

I thought it was Allan from our 20s side that was the future.

Napa is extremely overrated at club land, he did well in Origin, but he's pretty useless for the Rooters generally. Would much prefer we just gives the minutes to the guys we've got.

MAybe he will be the new nate miles. Great for Qld, ok in clubland

833231438d30cff5e5bd7b91da597270

An older article with him in it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...e/news-story/545048aa35a9762cdff1c2e5a40b10b0

Following in the footsteps of Zane at the same school is Fanitesi Niu, who has been snapped up by the Brisbane Broncos.
Another fullback, this time hailing from Inala, Fanitesi was recently named in the Australian Under-15 Schoolboys Rugby League side.
“I was pretty honoured and privileged,” the Year 10 student said.
“This has given me a boost to not only play football but work really hard.
“I’ve set myself a goal to make the Australian under-18 Schoolboys side.”
While he too looks up to Smith and former Bronco Folau, Fanitesi has been taking advice from a current Brisbane player in Anthony Milford.
“He comes to Marsden State High School for our Mates Talk Change program so I’ve had the opportunity to meet him and chat to him,” Fanitesi said of the fellow Inala junior.
“His message to me was just to keep going and make the most of things.
“Words can’t explain how much it meant to me to hear that from someone like him.
“He came through the same process and I’d like to play NRL like him one day.”

Yeah i thought allen was the future to . Any info on this kid talanoa ?

A 14 year old is our future? It'll be a good 6 years before he even makes qcup. That's a long way away and he may not even become anything. It happens with so many high school stars and there's also a lot of poaching coming his way as well. Wouldn't hold my breath on these stories.

A 14 year old is our future? It'll be a good 6 years before he even makes qcup. That's a long way away and he may not even become anything. It happens with so many high school stars and there's also a lot of poaching coming his way as well. Wouldn't hold my breath on these stories.

14 year old in year 11? Without being a smart ass but he has done well to be that old to get to year 11 so quickly.

He's in Year 10.

August 25, 2016 4:00pm

Another fullback, this time hailing from Inala, Fanitesi was recently named in the Australian Under-15 Schoolboys Rugby League side.
“I was pretty honoured and privileged,” the Year 10 student said.

Maybe I missed something or he repeated year 10?

I am on the side of not getting carried away here every youngster showing promise is apparently an instant superstar to some I hate expectations on players like that, especially when they haven't even left school. Seems a bit of conflicting information as to how old he actually is though, perhaps it was just a typo on their part?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • Rough and Ready
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • ozzball
  • Ozired
  • Justwin
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Morkel
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.