Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 25, 2016 4:00pm

Another fullback, this time hailing from Inala, Fanitesi was recently named in the Australian Under-15 Schoolboys Rugby League side.
“I was pretty honoured and privileged,” the Year 10 student said.

Maybe I missed something or he repeated year 10?

I am on the side of not getting carried away here every youngster showing promise is apparently an instant superstar to some I hate expectations on players like that, especially when they haven't even left school. Seems a bit of conflicting information as to how old he actually is though, perhaps it was just a typo on their part?
*looks at date* I stand corrected.

goes real good, he is well developed physically already which is the only concern for me.
As in men against boys in the juniors but may not kick on??

We need a roster spreadsheet with approx/estimated values...Pearce and Napa talks but we probably have no money?

We need a roster spreadsheet with approx/estimated values...Pearce and Napa talks but we probably have no money?
Here goes:

Boyd 800k
Pearson 150
Roberts 500
Opacic 215
Oates 375
Milford 900
Nikorima 275
Sims 85
McCullough 450
Lodge 85
Glenn 350
Gillette 550
McGuire 495
Bird 750
Ofengahue 200
Savelio 175
Dargan 125
Pangai Jr. 225
Pangai 100
Thaiday 525

I know I've missed a few. Feel free to fill in the rest.

Thats 20 players to 7.3M. Id shuffle some of the value around there but most would be ball park.
Average the reaming 5 on 120K.

We would have approx 1.38M left in the bank.

**** cannot wait for Thaiday to retire, he's been a great legend but **** me that's a waste of 500k

Thats 20 players to 7.3M. Id shuffle some of the value around there but most would be ball park.

Plenty of cap space left which is why we will see a couple roster movements before March.

Here goes:

Boyd 800k
Pearson 150
Roberts 500
Opacic 215
Oates 375
Milford 900
Nikorima 275
Sims 85
McCullough 450
Lodge 85
Glenn 350
Gillette 550
McGuire 495
Bird 750
Ofengahue 200
Savelio 175
Dargan 125
Pangai Jr. 225
Pangai 100
Thaiday 525

I know I've missed a few. Feel free to fill in the rest.

Where are these figures from? IIRC Thaiday's latest contract is not much at all under the cap, mostly TPA's. And Gillett and McGuire have been upgraded since those values. Sims is on more than that next year because the Knights were only subsidising 2017. Again, all just off the top of my head, so I'm not 100%.

30 man squad next season... Minimum contract is $100k now...

White said we have ‘some’ room under the cap for an opportunity should one come along, as that is just good roster management practice, but we don’t have $1m+ for next season. That is ludicrous.

Last edited:
30 man squad next season... Minimum contract is $100k now...

White said we have ‘some’ room under the cap for an opportunity should one come along, as that is just good roster management practice, but we don’t have $1m+ for next season. That is ludicrous.

I was under the impression that the new cap value of 9.2 was for the first 25. The remaining 5 still had to receive minimum of 85k?

Where are these figures from? IIRC Thaiday's latest contract is not much at all under the cap, mostly TPA's. And Gillett and McGuire have been upgraded since those values. Sims is on more than that next year because the Knights were only subsidising 2017. Again, all just off the top of my head, so I'm not 100%.
These figures are just the amounts I read in the media so it is all pure speculation. It is just an approximation and probably a pretty poor one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• davidp
  • broncsgoat
  • thenry
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.