Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are these figures from? IIRC Thaiday's latest contract is not much at all under the cap, mostly TPA's. And Gillett and McGuire have been upgraded since those values. Sims is on more than that next year because the Knights were only subsidising 2017. Again, all just off the top of my head, so I'm not 100%.
These figures are just the amounts I read in the media so it is all pure speculation. It is just an approximation and probably a pretty poor one at that.

Opacic and Pearson arent on the kind of money on there.

Last edited:
Thaiday is probably also receiving a cap discount due to the veteran allowance

No worse than what the media do when coming up with contract values ...

Hell sometimes I think they just throw a heap of amounts into a hat and randomly pick one when reporting a players value

I was under the impression that the new cap value of 9.2 was for the first 25. The remaining 5 still had to receive minimum of 85k?

The minimum is going up to $100k under the pay deal and the salary cap total is for the entire 30 man squad I am pretty certain.

I'm replying to this comment over here so it doesn't divert the Lodge thread.

I'm seeing a lot of parallels here with Gagai. Pearson isn't as hyped up as Gagai was but he looked awesome in his first few games, certainly as dangerous as Gagai seemed to be. But his last few games were stinkers and exposed his weaknesses.
Like the fact he can't hold the ball at all? :p

Any more love coming our way @talanoa @Smokin' Joe ? Or interested in players?

In terms of things we need desperately -

1 more prop with NRL experience (Vete was rumoured, but looks to have re-signed with the Warriors)
1 more half to put some internal pressure on K.Nikorima / Milford (J.Nikorima seems the obvious choice)
1 more outside back to cover for the loss of Moga, especially with Bird potentially missing the start of the season (Brenko Lee & Ricky Leutele were both names mentioned in the rumour mill over the season)

1 more prop with NRL experience (Vete was rumoured, but looks to have re-signed with the Warriors)
1 more half to put some internal pressure on K.Nikorima / Milford (J.Nikorima seems the obvious choice)
1 more outside back to cover for the loss of Moga, especially with Bird potentially missing the start of the season (Brenko Lee & Ricky Leutele were both names mentioned in the rumour mill over the season)

Backup hooker ?

god help us if brenko lee ends up at the club. that bloke is possibly the worst defender and decision maker in the centres i have ever seen.
imagine him outside milf? fml!!!

god help us if brenko lee ends up at the club. that bloke is possibly the worst defender and decision maker in the centres i have ever seen.
imagine him outside milf? fml!!!

Any of our youngsters ready to step up yet ?

Roosters close in on Rabbitoh Crichton - this is becoming a joke, they are going to have a gun side next year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.