Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
My problem with Glenn is the $$ it's going to take to keep him. If we can get him for the sort of money you pay for a bench forward, or someone who might spend half the year in Q-Cup then sure, otherwise the opportunity cost is too high for mine.
Think I read recently he's rejecting a more lucrative contract from a sydney club to stay with us, be a one club dude + family is settled.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I like Glenn, but i think we are well covered enough to let him move on. We need a half back, not more back rowers.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I can see Glenn probably re-signing for relatively the same price... which would be fine when considering the cap increases.

When he signed his last deal he was a starting 80mins second rower. He's now on the bench so doesn't have much ground to ask for a pay rise.

This is an important contract for him so if someone wants to pay him then he should take it but I don't think the broncos will force his hand and offer him next to nothing.

He appears to be a popular member of the team, was earmarked as a leader early on and appears in almost every publicity event the broncos hold. If the broncos cut him loose I can see a lot of players in the team being pretty upset.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
To be honest, if I was Glenn, I'd probably be seeking another club to try to re-ignite your career. A lot of forwards need that change of scenery to go up another level. And I'm pretty sure his kid is still young enough not to care about moving for a bit.

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
The only team I could see Glenn leaving to are the Titans, as there is a position if McQueen signs with Tigers and it's close to Brisbane.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think Glenn's slow start to the season is making some people forget his value to the team.

He was very good for us last year. He consistently is. We should definitely keep him around IMO.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I think Glenn's slow start to the season is making some people forget his value to the team.

He was very good for us last year. He consistently is. We should definitely keep him around IMO.
Don't forget he could've scored 3 tries this year if not for illegal acts on him

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
If we get Lodge and re-sign Glenn I'll be furious. I'd also feel sorry for Glenn too, he should be chasing money and a better opportunity because he's worth it and deserves it.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If we get Lodge and re-sign Glenn I'll be furious. I'd also feel sorry for Glenn too, he should be chasing money and a better opportunity because he's worth it and deserves it.
That whole post is pretty confusing, I'm not exactly sure what you're saying.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
That whole post is pretty confusing, I'm not exactly sure what you're saying.
I'm saying that Glenn shouldn't re-sign with us because he could get far better money elsewhere and he may not even make the 17 moving forward. We need to keep Herman and TPJ in the 17. Sua and Oates are future stars in the back row and if they want the spot and don't get it because Glenn is there then they'll go.

Fai and Lodge will be pushing to make the 17 next year and definitely have potential. Korbin, Blair, Arrow and Moose are in the middle too.

Glenn just doesn't have the upside that the other players do, and I think we've seen enough from the others. It's a shame because I like Glenn.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Can we throw Thurston a contract for next year. I can't stand him but I want a premiership lol.

Never going to happen though.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'd rather put a contract out on Thurston's head than sign him to one. I'm happy to support him and enjoy watching him play for Queensland and Australia, but club footy Thurston can eat a fat one.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd rather put a contract out on Thurston's head than sign him to one. I'm happy to support him and enjoy watching him play for Queensland and Australia, but club footy Thurston can eat a fat one.
[emoji23] oh man I hope you aren't getting behind Matthew lodge

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If Lodge plays for us I won't be stoked, but I mean I'm not going to support the Titans if it happens or whatever.
That's cute... You'll obviously just take like a man like usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.