Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Apparently there was some Broncos signing news on 7 news, anyone catch it?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I think Arrow should be lock tbh. I like Mcguires work rate, but i think Arrow has the offloads in his game to be a lot more dangerous. I think he has flown under the radar a bit with the form of Herman and Pangai, but i think he has been equally as good, just not as spectacular.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This side just feels better, since Roberts is out next week most likely:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Seve
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Blair
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. KNik
15. Ese'ese
16. TPJ
17. Sims

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I think Arrow should be lock tbh. I like Mcguires work rate, but i think Arrow has the offloads in his game to be a lot more dangerous. I think he has flown under the radar a bit with the form of Herman and Pangai, but i think he has been equally as good, just not as spectacular.

Yeah same boat for me (Although I didn't watch the game last night, the stats sort of indicate that McGuire was playing more as a prop than a lock anyway, 160 metres, 3 passes, 0 offloads.)

I think we need to try something different, Sims isn't really doing enough as a starter for me, he barely cracked 50 metres last night, and it's not the first time he's made little impact. I also think the time has come to introduce TPJ to the starting line-up, Thaiday has been fine as a starter this season, but he's not setting the world on fire, I feel he could have an equal impact if he's in the role that Glenn is in right now (First man off the bench, play ~50 minutes anyway)

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Pangai Jr
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Ese'ese
17. Sims

QCUP: Glenn

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Yeah, let's lose the impact TPJ provides by putting him in the starting side.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah, let's lose the impact TPJ provides by putting him in the starting side.

Right? As if you'd want to put your best 13 players in the starting side.. Why do that when you can have people under performing starting that you can blow an interchange on 20 minutes in?..

I can't see how giving Pangai more minutes and opportunity is going to hurt us as a team, and you could make an argument that Sims is more suited to provide that "aggressive bench prop" role anyway. We're at the stage where it wouldn't hurt to try a thing or two to freshen up the team, if it doesn't work we can always revert the changes, but there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Pangai needs to be starting sooner rather than later, the only questions he'd have to answer are defensive workload & impact over an extended period.

But I'd rather give him and Arrow an opportunity to at least see if they're up to it, you know? Sometimes all these guys need is a bit of faith shown in them and they'll blossom, look at someone like Jake Trbojevic, he got given an opportunity early in his career to start and play big minutes and he absolutely thrived.. I can only hope we give our stars of the future the same chance, sooner rather than later..

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
Yeah same boat for me (Although I didn't watch the game last night, the stats sort of indicate that McGuire was playing more as a prop than a lock anyway, 160 metres, 3 passes, 0 offloads.)

I think we need to try something different, Sims isn't really doing enough as a starter for me, he barely cracked 50 metres last night, and it's not the first time he's made little impact. I also think the time has come to introduce TPJ to the starting line-up, Thaiday has been fine as a starter this season, but he's not setting the world on fire, I feel he could have an equal impact if he's in the role that Glenn is in right now (First man off the bench, play ~50 minutes anyway)

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Pangai Jr
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Ese'ese
17. Sims

QCUP: Glenn

See where your coming from, and I'd be tempted to bench Sims this week, more as a wake up call for him then anything after that piss weak fucking tackle on Reynolds. Ese'Ese would be my starter, but temorarily I'd think as don't think he's ready to spend a season starting.

As for TPJ starting he's been fine in the middle defensively, but him defending on the left is in no way a good idea cosnidering our current issues.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
See where your coming from, and I'd be tempted to bench Sims this week, more as a wake up call for him then anything after that piss weak fucking tackle on Reynolds. Ese'Ese would be my starter, but temorarily I'd think as don't think he's ready to spend a season starting.

As for TPJ starting he's been fine in the middle defensively, but him defending on the left is in no way a good idea cosnidering our current issues.

Have Thaiday and Glenn really been "good" defensively on the left though? I haven't got the stats with me, but it feels like they've been very underwhelming at times defensively this year.

If that is indeed the case, bringing in someone else wouldn't be the worst idea, even if he isn't the best defensive player in the world

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Blair and esse to start , sims to the bench.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Apparently We are cashing both Moses and Tedesco anyone think boyd will be moved into our problem left centre next year ?

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
It's common knowledge we are chasing Moses...well apparently everyone thinks we are. Who really knows?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It's common knowledge we are chasing Moses...well apparently everyone thinks we are. Who really knows?

Hopefully he'll be able to part the opposition defence like he did the Red Sea.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The BHQ forums when the Broncos sign Moses

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Is Moses really the controlling, game managing half we require ?

He seems a bit erratic to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Stix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.