Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Moga isnt going good, he is ordinary. Tommy did a lot better last season playing injured, and offered more in attack and defence. All Moga has really offered is a big body carting the ball out.

The whole team was also going better when tom played . Lets see what happens when he comes back to this present form

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Opacic will be starting in the ISC before he will make it back into the side. By then our time has hopefully fixed its attacking woes and show everyone that our backline is strong.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Moga has done OK but hasnt set the world on fire either. His runs out of our own end are valuable but I don't think he's offered more than that. A lesser Daniel Vidot (with slightly better hands) ?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Moga has done OK but hasnt set the world on fire either. His runs out of our own end are valuable but I don't think he's offered more than that. A lesser Daniel Vidot (with slightly better hands) ?

Who really has in our backline this year ?? Can't point the finger at one person imo

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Who really has in our backline this year ?? Can't point the finger at one person imo
A fair comment tbh. Indicative of our overall attacking "prowess"

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Roberts has been very good this year

I wouldn't say very good.

He has been good, better than what he was last year, but he still needs to pick up his game. I want him to come roaming in field more often, link up with a forward and wait for an offload.

It would be ideal if Milford could throw some inside passes to him after drawing in defenders.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
here is one for you ...

just listening to the Chris Smith show on 4BC and he claims (i think he was reading a text or tweet or something) that Jack Bird has signed with us to play 5/8 along side Milf

:porthozthinksthisishot:

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
here is one for you ...

just listening to the Chris Smith show on 4BC and he claims (i think he was reading a text or tweet or something) that Jack Bird has signed with us to play 5/8 along side Milf

He's a bit of a dick but we could do worse. I have to say I'm having trouble taking your posts seriously at the moment. I'm re-reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and every time I see your name I'm reading it as Froody.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
here is one for you ...

Has he ever been reliable for this stuff?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Doubtful ... and i don't even think it was his "source"

Bird will either be at the Knights or Sharks

Knights , sharks are looking at Reynolds to replace him.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
I don't know how to post this stuff but there's a story in The Australian saying we are a chance of getting him.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
From what I've seen i don't think he's a genuine 6 or 7 ?

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I think that's great Bird and Milford would be an absolute lethal combination. Let's forget about structure and just attack.

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
Brisbane have emerged as the wildcard in the chase for Jack Bird as the Broncos ponder making the Cronulla utility part of an all-star halves pairing with Anthony Milford next season.
Bird is expected to spend the weekend mulling over his future as he weighs up whether to accept a lucrative offer from Newcastle, alluring interest from the Broncos, or remain at the Sharks and become the centrepiece in a positional reshuffle which could revolutionise the way the club plays.
In the wake of Ben Hunt’s decision to join the Dragons from 2018, it is understood Brisbane had considered putting their pursuit of a replacement on hold for 12 months before making a play for one of the Gold Coast’s young halves — Kane Elgey and Ashley Taylor — for 2019.
However, the Broncos are now considering an alternative approach, which would result in Bird playing in the halves alongside Milford as soon as next year.
It is understood Brisbane have held talks with Bird, the Broncos emerging as a genuine option for the 22-year-old as he weighs up the most significant decision of his young footballing career.
Broncos coach Wayne Bennett is well aware of Bird’s talents thanks to his time as coach at St George Illawarra, when the Sharks star was emerging through the Dragons system.
On paper, a partnership between Bird and Milford would rank as one of the most youthful and exciting in the competition. Even if the partnership fails to meld, the Broncos could simply move Bird to the back row or lock, and then chase a half for 2019. The club is effectively in a win-win situation.
The Broncos’ interest in Bird has come from left field. The race for Bird was expected to be down to the Sharks and Knights, the latter having made a multi-million dollar bid to make the Cronulla player part of their rebuilding process, which began with the signing of North Queensland youngster Kayln Ponga. Cronulla were so concerned about the prospect of losing Bird that theyenlisted chairman Damian Keoghto help sell the club to the talented playmaker at a meeting on Thursday.
Keogh, chief executive Lyall Gorman and coach Shane Flanagan reminded Bird that he had developed into a representative player at the club and placed at risk retaining his NSW jersey by moving to the Knights, a club in the throes of a major rebuild.
The Knights had expected to receive a response from Bird yesterday afternoon but it is understood he is likely to make a call next week, allowing him to concentrate on the grand final rematch against Melbourne tomorrow before turning his attention to his future.
Bird has been offered nearly $1 million a season to move to Newcastle. The dollars are significantly greater at the Knights but the Sharks have attempted to counteract the financial gulf by pointing to the impact a departure from Cronulla could have on other aspects of his career, including representative football.
Bird made his bow in State of Origin last year and should he appear in all three games this year he would earn close to $100,000. Should he make the World Cup squad at the end of this year, he could earn an additional $50,000.
His chances of playing for NSW and Australia would be diminished if he plays in a struggling Newcastle side. The Sharks are also expected to assuage his concerns over his positional future by offering Bird the opportunity to play a more influential role in attack, potentially as a second five-eighth playing in the No 13 jersey.
The Broncos’ interest has been largely kept under wraps but The Weekend Australian was told yesterday that it is a realistic option for Bird, although it would require a significant financial sacrifice given Brisbane are unlikely to go anywhere near the tabled bid by the Knights.
The Sharks haven’t been resting on their laurels. Flanagan has spoken to Canterbury five-eighth Josh Reynolds but it is understood those talks had nothing to do with the future of five-eighth James Maloney, who has been a covert target for the Knights.
It is understood Newcastle made it clear they would be interested in Maloney if he could extricate himself from the final year of his deal with Cronulla.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...k=7a5c33d066a4d25ba7a1726e36d862fe-1491612218

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • IceWorks
  • Shane Tronc
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • RodF
  • Organix
  • LittleDavey
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • rnabokov
  • Old Mate
... and 57 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.