Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Bird is not a half. Do we need a centre?

Jack Bird is not a half. Do we need a centre?

Was about to say the same thing!
Can't see him doing that good at half, but a great centre. Maybe he is the center Bennett wants , and maybe the interezt in wighton was real . Similar players but i think bird is the better choice.

I actually really rate Jack Bird, he's tough and a natural footy player. He'd do well in the spine.

Hard to see him and Milf being effective. Milf is definitely coming along nicely in his game control/management, but would need to come a long way. I guess he'd have this year and next to develop it, as the 2019 season seems to be the earliest we're a chance of getting a controlling half.

I actually really rate Jack Bird, he's tough and a natural footy player. He'd do well in the spine.

Hard to see him and Milf being effective. Milf is definitely coming along nicely in his game control/management, but would need to come a long way. I guess he'd have this year and next to develop it, as the 2019 season seems to be the earliest we're a chance of getting a controlling half.
Based on what? He has played well in one game this season where we had the lead and he kept kicking on the 3rd for no reason.

Based on what? He has played well in one game this season where we had the lead and he kept kicking on the 3rd for no reason.

This is a bloke whose made the grade on the back of his running game. He is still inconsistent in these areas, but I am seeing enough sings that he is on the right track...

He's kicking more and his kick selection has been more varied and improved in my book.

This is a bloke whose made the grade on the back of his running game. He is still inconsistent in these areas, but I am seeing enough sings that he is on the right track...

He's kicking more and his kick selection has been more varied and improved in my book.

I thought he showed great signs against the roosters . He needs to keep building on it and be more consistent , that will be hus challenge.

It doesn't matter what we think it's starting to look like Bennett thinks Milford can play halfback. Kodi has been playing 5/8 in ISC and now we've made a play for Bird and he has been very vocal about wanting to play 5/8.
This week will be interesting. Milford will probably be named at 6 (I doubt the club has a 7 jersey that would fit his extreme rotundness) but it will be interesting to see if he actually plays halfback.

He's a quality player who'd 100% improve our side. If he doesn't work out in the halves we can always go with Niko, who looked good on Thursday.

Apparently Bird is a bit of an arrogant prick

Johnson has been talking about considering moving from NZ if he doesn't think they will win a GF soon.

I would cry seeing something as beautiful as Johnson in the middle of the type of footy we played on Thursday night. It could be prettiest spectacle in league history.

They can have Glenn, or Blair or both. We can give SJ that money and shift Oates and arrow to the bench rotation, McGuire back to prop. + Hunts money.

Last edited:
Agree @theshed - in terms of the names being thrown around, I think SJ would be a great signing, obviously needs to improve his kicking game consistency and involvement, but we can help with that.

Doubt he leaves nz unfortunately.

i dont understand the sj hype. he has what like 1 good game every 5? and the other 4 hes pretty bog average. and hes been like that for years. dont get me wrong i love watching him play when hes on but man when hes not he is 10 times worse with the kicking mistakes then ben hunt is

Chris Garry is reporting we've made an offer to Jack Bird for 2018 - he'll play fullback with Darius to 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Waynesaurus
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • Old Mate
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.