Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
THE Broncos have made an offer to Jack Bird to join the club for 2018 on-wards. However, Bird is viewed as a fullback at the club... with Darius Boyd still in line to shift to five-eighth for next year.
Bird is not the long-term answer at halfback but the Broncos believe his versatility is vital in today's game and he allows them more flexibility in their squad.
The premiership winner and Origin centre has bigger offers from Newcastle and Parramatta but is genuinely interested in Brisbane because he believes Wayne Bennett can make him a better player and he wants to be at a premiership contender.
My understanding is the Broncos are outside chances to sign Bird, with the Knights in the box seat.
Bird has told the Sharks he will decide his future next week.
From Garry's Facebook page.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Prob bull a cover trying to convice people we wont get ash taylor

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
We're sooooooooo fucked if that happens, Boyd is a better Fullback than Bird, Milford is a better Five-Eighth than Boyd and Hunt is a better Halfback than Milford.. We'd literally be downgrading 3 spine spots at once..

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
hell go to newcastle cause of the $$ they are willing to give him no way we have offered him 900k

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I rate Bird. But I'm not sure we need him at all. We need a 7, if we're just moving Boyd to 6 (which I don't like) then Kahu can be fullback , we don't need to pay big money for a position we're well covered in.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Very small chance Kahu could handle 30 games of playing 80 minutes at Fullback physically, that's probably why we're considering other options.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I find this confussing as shit ! It was metioned that it will be a stop gap and then move him to lock or center. Someone must be leaving for this to happen.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
I find this confussing as shit ! It was metioned that it will be a stop gap and then move him to lock or center. Someone must be leaving for this to happen.

who do you reckon Darius Boyd cause we wont give him a mil a year [emoji23][emoji23]

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Boyd at 5/8 is like Gidley playing at 5/8.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Chris Garry is reporting we've made an offer to Jack Bird for 2018 - he'll play fullback with Darius to 6.

That right there is a player manager dropping our name to get better money from the Sharks because even with big $$$ he doesn't want to end up at the Knights.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
I'd take Bird in a heartbeat. Not at fullback but as a 5/8 for sure.

Will never happen though. Media scum being scum, as per usual.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Didn't @Smokinjoe mention Widdop? What's going on with that. He's playing some great footy atm.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Could someone please tell who our no. 1 target is ? Its in the couriermail article about us having a crack at bird .

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Could someone please tell who our no. 1 target is ? Its in the couriermail article about us having a crack at bird .
Taylor

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Didn't anyone watch the Titans game last night? If he comes back here be better learn to bloody tackle. That effort on weighton was the worst I've seen i a while!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Donald Garner
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • Strop
  • Jedhead
  • bazza
  • Brocko
  • Volvo Driver
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • Bronx48
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.