Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
In not sure paix will be staying.

don't know why he wouldn't there a pathway to the NRL here better than most clubs right now, unless the Broncos sign someone in the mean time

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
That is pretty much 100% proof then that we got Bird to play in the halves like I said.

Well, think again because you are way off the mark. We got Bird and we were still chasing Ash Taylor as well. Why would we be doing that, as well as signing up Milford to a long contract if we were planning on playing Bird in the halves? That absolutely makes no sense at all. If Knik didnt get injured, he would have played 7 yesterday. Bird was signed for lock but has the ability to play elsewhere if needed.

The only thing you have got anywhere correct is him playing in the centers for fitness. Even then, it still doesnt stop Bennett putting big signings straight in with no football. He did it with Boyd after his bad injury. Bird got to play in the halves yesterday because he was our only real, proven option there, not because thats where we signed him.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Who reckons Gillet will play on? pretty risky if he does further damage when he comes back to his neck ?

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Who reckons Gillet will play on? pretty risky if he does further damage when he comes back to his neck ?
I bloody hope so, he deserves to retire on his own terms and he's been a loyal servant of the club. How longs he out for?

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
If Gillett does retire I would 100% be going after papa. He may be a fat bastard at the moment, but he's still young and quality.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016

They said he will be fine , no long term issues with it.
I will suspect when he does come back he will have a point to prove following that interview.
He cares so much for the club it kills him

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
They said he will be fine , no long term issues with it.
I will suspect when he does come back he will have a point to prove following that interview.
He cares so much for the club it kills him
I've heard about this interview but can't find it. Do you have the link?

Sent from my 5044T using BroncosHQ mobile app

S

scgg

NYC Player
Apr 1, 2013
don't know why he wouldn't there a pathway to the NRL here better than most clubs right now, unless the Broncos sign someone in the mean time

Im not sure what the caper is but i know he has been shopped down south

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
If Gillett does retire I would 100% be going after papa. He may be a fat bastard at the moment, but he's still young and quality.

We have plenty of options in the backrow, we don't need another one especially at his price.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Looks like the NRL won't register a new contract for Lodge unless he pays compensation with his new deal (be it at the Broncos or another club).
That's BS from the NRL. Have they even met with Lodge and his lawyer to ask why he hasn't started paying the compensation.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That's BS from the NRL. Have they even met with Lodge and his lawyer to ask why he hasn't started paying the compensation.

all they would have to do to understand why he hasn't started paying compensation yet, is pick up any newspaper ... then they would realize that despite no legal requirement to pay the compensation ordered by the American courts, his lawyers have been trying to negotiate a more reasonable figure, only to be rejected by the "victims" lawyers

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Yeah it seems like a real attempt to backpeddel without looking like they fucked up to start with.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
all they would have to do to understand why he hasn't started paying compensation yet, is pick up any newspaper ... then they would realize that despite no legal requirement to pay the compensation ordered by the American courts, his lawyers have been trying to negotiate a more reasonable figure, only to be rejected by the "victims" lawyers
I know why he hasn't started paying it back... just find it ridiculous that they are calling from the roof tops to please the fucking PC crowd.

Are they even aware of what legal ramifications it may have if he starts paying back now.

If they want it paid so much why don't they pay it and get Lodge to pay them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • Rambstien
  • The Boss
  • Pablo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncs30
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.