Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the great mysteries of the Dogs, they have struggled to score points for two years yet have a ISC player making the last two teams of the year and won't pick him.

He was great for the Jets here went down there and hasn't put a foot wrong.

6 – JOSH CLEELAND
CLUB: CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS; 2017 TOTW SELECTIONS: 8.

12 tries, 10 try assists, 13 line-breaks, 57 tackle-breaks.
Josh Cleeland has been a shining light for the on-fire Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in season 2017; whenever he has the ball in hand, he is a massive threat to any opposition defensive unit. He’s formed a wonderful halves combination with Lachlan Lewis that has seen the Bulldogs cement a top four position after a slow start to the year, and is the most dangerous player to keep your eye on in the finals. Success seems to follow Cleeland, who steered Ipswich to a premiership two years ago, and took the Newtown Jets to a preliminary final last year where he was also named as five-eighth of the year. No doubt Josh Cleeland is incredibly close to an NRL debut.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/08/28/2017-team-of-the-year--isp-nsw/

He's robust, smart, can kick and score tries. I honestly don't understand why the Dogs wouldn't even give him a go.

Fair enough, thanks good insight. I didn't account for the incompetence of the Bulldogs.

Id take any half back thats better then Niko and Bird

If we lose Lodge I’d take a cut-price Tolman.

Id rather just stick with what we have then Tolman. I cant think of any player on the bulldogs team at the moment that i would want on the Broncos. They are an incredibly bad team put together by incompetent people in charge. I feel sorry for Dean Pay as he is literally going to **** his career away sorting out this disaster of a team then when the light is at the end of the tunnel he will get replaced with someone else.

I guess that means Lolohea is on the outer.

If he didn't have such a big price tag, I wouldn't mind the Broncos going after him for a bit of depth.

He is a sook. Literally cries if he doesnt get his way. Have you noticed how well the Tigers are going with the team first approach compared to last years individual approach by some of the players

Lolohea is trash. Jack of all trades, master of none, great in the u20's and done zero in top grade. I wouldn't even take him on a minimum contract - would rather a q cup guy.

Looks like Ethan Lowe is on the outer. He's a good player but needs a change of scenery. I see him eventually moving into the front row. His family is from Goondiwindi which might Be a factor

Looks like Ethan Lowe is on the outer. He's a good player but needs a change of scenery. I see him eventually moving into the front row. His family is from Goondiwindi which might Be a factor

Nah, I'm good.

Our forwards are fine at the moment, with plenty of guys coming through once the Glenn's & Gillett's of the world retire. Retention should be the only concern right now, and uh, finding a Halfback.

A few years ago I would have said yes to Lowe, but he has been declining.

Nope. We have the best young crop of forwards in the game. Retention should be our only priority, not signing has beens that can’t even make the starting side for the fucking cowboys.

Don't think Lowe's been the same since his neck injury. Good player but we're flush with forwards.

Nah, I'm good.

Our forwards are fine at the moment, with plenty of guys coming through once the Glenn's & Gillett's of the world retire. Retention should be the only concern right now, and uh, finding a Halfback.

With you on the halfback! I was thinking in case we did loose someone and a replacement was required. still a lot of uncertainty with these young ones yet to re-sign

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/be400ef78f5da0c0f601ec3e0b310d1d

MATT Gillett has received a boost during the toughest period of his career with the Queensland Origin back-rower inking a new four-year contract that will make him a Bronco for life.
Currently sidelined with a fractured neck that will see him miss Origin I, Gillett has agreed to terms on an upgraded deal that will see him remain at Red Hill until the end of 2022.
The Gillett development is a major boost in a difficult week for the Broncos, who have been rocked by the Craig Bellamy-Wayne Bennett coaching sagaahead of tonight’s clash against the Eels.
As revealed by The Courier-Mail last month, Gillett had a get-out clause in his current contract that left him a free agent for next season, enabling him to test his value on the open market.

But the Broncos had no intention of losing their No. 1 back-rower and have staved off any poaching bids by securing Gillett, who will turn 33 when his upgraded contract expires.
Gillett has played 183 first-grade matches for the Broncos since his debut in 2010 and this deal will ensure he surges past the 200-game mark and becomes one of Brisbane’s greatest forward servants.
The 29-year-old is now a genuine contender to succeed fullback Darius Boyd, who turns 31 in July, as Broncos captain.
The Maroons ace underlined his toughness earlier this season by playing for a month with three small fractures in his neck.
Gillett is recovering well and was seen at Broncos training without a neck brace, giving Queensland hope he could be fit for Origin III on July 11.

The Broncos will now ramp-up their retention drive, with the club still in the process of attempting to secure off-contract forwards Matt Lodge, Jaydn Su’A and Tevita Pangai Jr. Exciting winger Jamayne Isaako is also off-contract and while he has attracted interest from Sydney-based clubs, the New Zealand-born flyer is keen to remain at Red Hill.

Good re-signing - get him while he's out of the headlines, should save some cash.

Su'A and TPJ must be retained. Isaako should still be cheap so that is top stuff!

Not sure the logic behind signing players around 30 years old on 4 year deals when they are injured. Bet it would be on pretty big coin too... Didn't work out so well with Boyd... Hoping this isn't another waste of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • jd87
  • Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • LittleDavey
  • phoenix
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.