Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant we just offer the Titans opacic other than losing Gehamat

What we know us that Opacic is a solid NRL quality centre, may not be flashy but does his job consistently every week

What we don't know is whether Shibasaki can even handle NRL level ...

For every Josh McGuire we get ... we'll get a Dave Taylor ...

Should Opacic leave, he is one player I can see biting us in the ass, and the exact same people wanting him gone, being the ones whinging when he does

Opac

What we know us that Opacic is a solid NRL quality centre, may not be flashy but does his job consistently every week

What we don't know is whether Shibasaki can even handle NRL level ...

For every Josh McGuire we get ... we'll get a Dave Taylor ...

Should Opacic leave, he is one player I can see biting us in the ass, and the exact same people wanting him gone, being the ones whinging when he does

Opac

Solid Nrl quality! Really , i don't see it .
Great depth but thats it. Look at the storms centre pairing roosters , raiders etc .
You can have a quality centre pairing without paying ridiculous money. Opacic shouldn't be our fulltime left centre, staggs showed that.

Why do people keep assuming Wayne let him go to further his career? For all we know Wayne said "Ash you're shit, please find another team, we will never want you."

I've already been shown in another thread that my memory isn't to be trusted LOL so take this with a grain of salt :)

My less than faultless memory says that we are not assuming this at all, but that this is what Wayne said at the presser - something like Ash is a great talent and we don't want to hold back his development

Can anybody recall?

Great depth but thats it. Look at the storms centre pairing roosters , raiders etc .
You can have a quality centre pairing without paying ridiculous money. Opacic shouldn't be our fulltime left centre, staggs showed that.

I’m all for shaking up the list and mostly agree with you when it comes to changes that need to be made but in this instance, I think you are undervaluing Opacic.

Even if you aren’t, let’s not forget how good Norman’s debut was and how pretty mediocre he has been since, despite doing ok at Parra. He has never become the superstar he was touted to be after that debut.

Staggs May well become a legend but let’s see how he goes in game 2 - 20 before we really start anointing him.

I've already been shown in another thread that my memory isn't to be trusted LOL so take this with a grain of salt :)

My less than faultless memory says that we are not assuming this at all, but that this is what Wayne said at the presser - something like Ash is a great talent and we don't want to hold back his development

Can anybody recall?

Yes. Everyone except morepudding knows this, although I think it is selective on his part.

Opacic was just as good as Staggs when he came in and he had an injured shoulder. Staggs has done well for a game so far. He has to keep backing it up. Staggs is just the new shiny at the moment. He is young, the majority havent ever seen him before and he has had a good debut and currently i'd agree he is our left center, his performance has earned it. Not comparing them as players as i think Kotoni is going places, but i can remember Leon Bott ( probably more when i wake up a bit ) killing it when they first got in. Its the same with all these younger guys, its about keeping up your standards week in week out.

If Tom had missed that tackle Staggs did on Ferguson in the second half you and others would have been screaming up and down about it like when he missed one against the Bulldogs. I prefer to look at all the good stuff these younger guys who havent played much NRL do rather than focusing on one missed tackle or one poor read in a game. They are learning, they will all make mistakes.

I get it, you dont like Opacic, but the players do, and he is always going to be the sort of player who is appreciated more by who he plays with and his coach than the fans because he isnt flashy. As i have mentioned before, 4 premiership winning coaches rate him. Whether or not he should be our full time center is irrelevant really right now because he just isnt getting a run of games to build up his NRL game fitness and get some consistency being in and out of the side. Staggs for example has been playing ISC week in week out, yet for a lot of the second half last night he was suffering with cramp. Its a different fitness level. Still not sure who our best option is at left center really, they haven't had enough games to consistently show what they can or cant do.

I'd also say It also helps playing on the left when you have TPJ over there. Gives us an extra dimension from Glenn and the opposition have more to think about with offloads from him. Roberts following TPJ around on that side could have been devastating. It changed the whole dynamic last night having him there. Our center didnt have to do anywhere near as much defence, which is what we should be looking for.

I’m all for shaking up the list and mostly agree with you when it comes to changes that need to be made but in this instance, I think you are undervaluing Opacic.

Even if you aren’t, let’s not forget how good Norman’s debut was and how pretty mediocre he has been since, despite doing ok at Parra. He has never become the superstar he was touted to be after that debut.

Staggs May well become a legend but let’s see how he goes in game 2 - 20 before we really start anointing him.
Was thinking the exact same thing with Staggs but he does seem to be a bit more mature and level headed than Norman......even now

Was thinking the exact same thing with Staggs but he does seem to be a bit more mature and level headed than Norman......even now

Staggs will have a better career than Norman imo. You do need a bit of luck though. If he made his debut against Manly for example in the same circumstances as last night, his first game wouldn't have been anywhere near as good because the team just didnt get up for the game and everyone struggled. He wouldnt have got any decent ball, he just wouldnt have got in the game.

Um when did a say superstar ! Im saying we can do better than opacic without breaking the bank. People think he is a reed clone , i think reed was alot better. We need someone who offers more simple.

Um when did a say superstar ! Im saying we can do better than opacic without breaking the bank. People think he is a reed clone , i think reed was alot better. We need someone who offers more simple.

We need a player who offers more simple than Tom?

Opacic was just as good as Staggs when he came in and he had an injured shoulder. Staggs has done well for a game so far. He has to keep backing it up. Staggs is just the new shiny at the moment. He is young, the majority havent ever seen him before and he has had a good debut and currently i'd agree he is our left center, his performance has earned it. Not comparing them as players as i think Kotoni is going places, but i can remember Leon Bott ( probably more when i wake up a bit ) killing it when they first got in. Its the same with all these younger guys, its about keeping up your standards week in week out.

If Tom had missed that tackle Staggs did on Ferguson in the second half you and others would have been screaming up and down about it like when he missed one against the Bulldogs. I prefer to look at all the good stuff these younger guys who havent played much NRL do rather than focusing on one missed tackle or one poor read in a game. They are learning, they will all make mistakes.

I get it, you dont like Opacic, but the players do, and he is always going to be the sort of player who is appreciated more by who he plays with and his coach than the fans because he isnt flashy. As i have mentioned before, 4 premiership winning coaches rate him. Whether or not he should be our full time center is irrelevant really right now because he just isnt getting a run of games to build up his NRL game fitness and get some consistency being in and out of the side. Staggs for example has been playing ISC week in week out, yet for a lot of the second half last night he was suffering with cramp. Its a different fitness level. Still not sure who our best option is at left center really, they haven't had enough games to consistently show what they can or cant do.

I'd also say It also helps playing on the left when you have TPJ over there. Gives us an extra dimension from Glenn and the opposition have more to think about with offloads from him. Roberts following TPJ around on that side could have been devastating. It changed the whole dynamic last night having him there. Our center didnt have to do anywhere near as much defence, which is what we should be looking for.

Mate , i don't know how many times i have said this ! I don't dislike opacic at all i just think he offers us minimal impact, his defense is what has been mentioned but hasn't shown this year.
Nothing against him but we could have better for similar money is all im saying.

Mate , i don't know how many times i have said this ! I don't dislike opacic at all i just think he offers us minimal impact, his defense is what has been mentioned but hasn't shown this year.
Nothing against him but we could have better for similar money is all im saying.

Who could we get for around the 150k he is on?

I think his defence has been fine. It matches up with Roberts, Staggs, Bird and Kahu who have all played there this year. I'd actually say the issue he has in his game right now is he is asked to do too much defence. I think it was the Bulldogs game he made more tackles than the rest of our backline combined.

Problem i have, and its not just with him, its we havent generally got our outside backs in the game. Having TPJ on that left edge last night made a massive, massive difference. He draws players to him in a way Glenn just doesnt and he has an offload. It opens up the game so much more for players around him.

Staggs will have a better career than Norman imo. You do need a bit of luck though. If he made his debut against Manly for example in the same circumstances as last night, his first game wouldn't have been anywhere near as good because the team just didnt get up for the game and everyone struggled. He wouldnt have got any decent ball, he just wouldnt have got in the game.

Huge call. Norman has had a good career. Staggs has literally played one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Spooky1013
  • Bongo
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.