Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I so hope he signs for us , just to see you cry would be great.
I look forward to the blowups from BHQ after Milford lets in 2 tries and Taylor lets in 3 every game.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Off the top of my head I have Taylors running game ahead of Adam Reynolds, McCrone, Hodkinson, Brooks and Cleary as far as halfbacks go. That leaves Johnson, Hunt, Pearce, Thurston, Cronk, Norman, DCE, Mbye, Sezer and Townsend ahead of him. Definitely not above average.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
He's in the ball park of at least 4 of those players you just said are ahead of him, he's middle of the field, if not slightly above it.

Mbye - 2 line breaks, 5 tackle busts, 205 running metres
Taylor - 1 line break, 5 tackle busts, 243 running metres
Townsend - 1 line break, 1 tackle bust, 298 running metres
Cherry-Evans - 1 line break, 7 tackle busts, 244 running metres
Sezer - 0 line breaks, 7 tackle busts, 215 running metres

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
He's in the ball park of at least 4 of those players you just said are ahead of him, he's middle of the field, if not slightly above it.

Mbye - 2 line breaks, 5 tackle busts, 205 running metres
Taylor - 1 line break, 5 tackle busts, 243 running metres
Townsend - 1 line break, 1 tackle bust, 298 running metres
Cherry-Evans - 1 line break, 7 tackle busts, 244 running metres
Sezer - 0 line breaks, 7 tackle busts, 215 running metres
Townsend is well ahead on running metres, DCE and Sezar are well ahead on tackle busts. Taylor is average to below average at best.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
There's too many variables comparing player stats based on 6 games when a team like the Dragons are leading the comp and haven't played anyone worth while. Watch the games. Taylor is a really good kicker. He doesn't break tackles and he doesn't set up tries from a pass. He is a kicker and a fucking terrible defender. He has been grossly overrated on this forum.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Townsend is well ahead on running metres, DCE and Sezar are well ahead on tackle busts. Taylor is average to below average at best.

Townsend is well behind on tackle busts, DCE has virtually identical stats and Sezer doesn't have a line break and has less running metres.

I assume we're just cherry picking the stats which support our argument.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Where?! Show me please. His running and passing game is no better than any of the other 15 starting halves. Please show me proof.

Why? show us proof it isnt. Not sure how much of him you saw of him coming through.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Thing is, he is also playing in a depleted side. Not sure what his stats were last season, but its going be a struggle for him playing in such a weak side.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Why? show us proof it isnt. Not sure how much of him you saw of him coming through.
We all know I've given enough video evidence on topics here, only to have them irrationally disputed to the death.

But here, I'll link you to the proof. http://www.nrl.com/ just sign up and re-watch the games he's played. Mate, I was tearing teams apart until under 14's too. It means **** all against grown ass men. Or does it? Should I be signed as the Broncos next half?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Thing is, he is also playing in a depleted side. Not sure what his stats were last season, but its going be a struggle for him playing in such a weak side.
He was average last year too.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We all know I've given enough video evidence on topics here, only to have them irrationally disputed to the death.

But here, I'll link you to the proof. http://www.nrl.com/ just sign up and re-watch the games he's played. Mate, I was tearing teams apart until under 14's too. It means **** all against grown ass men. Or does it? Should I be signed as the Broncos next half?

So, if i watch them, i'll see him doing some great things and making mistakes pretty much every young player will make. Thats not showing me anything, its making me find the proof and like i said, i could show as much good as i can bad.

I've seen enough of him to know what sort of player he is. Whether he keeps developing and getting better is a different argument. So far, he is one season and 7 games into his first grade career. I think he is doing fine, especially in a team like the titans with so much talent missing right now.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
If your implying that ash is just a great kicker than you have no idea ! And a good kicking game goes a long way helping you win a premiership.
That's not what I said and you know it.

You don't win premierships scoring if your only method of scoring tries is from kicks.

But hey don't let me get in the way of your hero worship of Taylor....

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
That's not what I said and you know it.

You win premierships scoring if your only method of scoring tries is from kicks.

But hey don't let me get in the way of your hero worship of Taylor....

Thats a fair enough point, but Taylor alongside Milf if he is playing well would be a good blend.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
So, if i watch them, i'll see him doing some great things and making mistakes pretty much every young player will make. Thats not showing me anything, its making me find the proof and like i said, i could show as much good as i can bad.

I've seen enough of him to know what sort of player he is. Whether he keeps developing and getting better is a different argument. So far, he is one season and 7 games into his first grade career. I think he is doing fine, especially in a team like the titans with so much talent missing right now.
I'm not saying he's shit or does nothing good what so ever. I'm saying he's a good kicker and there's a long way for him to go before he's anywhere near as good as he is spoken about by some on here. And you'd see him do a couple of good things and let in a lot of tries. I remember when he was a speed bump in the under 20s too by the way. The Broncos beat teams with their defense. We try hard enough to cover up Milfords deficiencies. We don't need two gaping holes in our defensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Porthoz
  • Justwin
  • mystico
  • leon.bott
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • dasherhalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Rambstien
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.