Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
No, but but if he was as ordinary as you are making out, i couldnt see him winning that.
Lets not act like it was based on a point system and there wasn't a lot of competition.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'm not saying he's shit or does nothing good what so ever. I'm saying he's a good kicker and there's a long way for him to go before he's anywhere near as good as he is spoken about by some on here. And you'd see him do a couple of good things and let in a lot of tries. I remember when he was a speed bump in the under 20s too by the way. The Broncos beat teams with their defense. We try hard enough to cover up Milfords deficiencies. We don't need two gaping holes in our defensive line.

Defence is up to him and his coaching staff to sort out. That can be worked on. As we well know, players can be protected a little like Tunza did with Locky. HE is only in his second full season, he isnt going to be the finished article for another 3-4 seasons yet.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
This is hilarious... why is anyone taking Cult seriously? He's a self-confessed Taylor troll.

Ash has a top kicking game and a very good passing game (both certainly better than Hunt), a good running game (albeit not as good as Hunt's), good game control / decision making (still learning), and a suspect defense (which is the easiest thing to teach, and the least important feature in a half).

The funny part is, that even if Cult was right, Taylor would still be perfect to complement Milford's skills.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Defence is up to him and his coaching staff to sort out. That can be worked on. As we well know, players can be protected a little like Tunza did with Locky. HE is only in his second full season, he isnt going to be the finished article for another 3-4 seasons yet.
So his glaring negatives don't count because he's young and can work on them? Did my list of running halves not include their potential? My bad. I was kinda talking about how good he is now as I don't possess the ability to read the future.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
This is hilarious... why is anyone taking Cult seriously? He's a self-confessed Taylor troll.

Ash has a top kicking game and a very good passing game (both certainly better than Hunt), a good running game (albeit not as good as Hunt's), good game control / decision making (still learning), and a suspect defense (which is the easiest thing to teach, and the least important feature in a half).

The funny part is, that even if Cult was right, Taylor would still be perfect to complement Milford's skills.
Suspect defense? The guy is guilty without trial! You're overhyping Taylor based on his running and passing game against children again, Port..

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Taylor might compliment Milf perfectly, but would he compliment the other 11 players on the field having to cover for their complete lack of defensive ability? I don't think so.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Taylor might compliment Milf perfectly, but would he compliment the other 11 players on the field having to cover for their complete lack of defensive ability? I don't think so.
I don't know. Ask how the other players felt about Locky's defense until he got Tunza minding him...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Taylor has a better passing game?

That's debatable.

I haven't seen anything in the footage to suggest it's better.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't know. Ask how the other players felt about Locky's defense until he got Tunza minding him...
I'd be perfectly fine if we had two Tony Carrolls and two Lockyers. We wouldn't even have half of either if we signed Taylor.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Also I'm a Milford troll, Taylor just has flaws people aren't willing to admit to.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
So his glaring negatives don't count because he's young and can work on them? Did my list of running halves not include their potential? My bad. I was kinda talking about how good he is now as I don't possess the ability to read the future.

But most of those you mentioned are season pros. I would expect them to have a more rounded game than Taylor. Maybe comparing apples with apples is a better way to look at Taylor at this moment in time. Comparing him to Thurston, Cronk or DCE is a little silly. Recruiting a Cleary or Taylor you are recruiting potential and its a gamble. Recruiting somebody like Cronk wouldnt be.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Taylor has a better passing game?

That's debatable.

I haven't seen anything in the footage to suggest it's better.
It's not better.

That was the point of the comment section on Fox the other night.

His try assists (noting that the Titans have the lowest try assists in the league according to Fox the other night) invariably come from kicks.

You don't win premierships that way.

Taylor is massively overhyped by some people on here.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
But most of those you mentioned are season pros. I would expect them to have a more rounded game than Taylor. Maybe comparing apples with apples is a better way to look at Taylor at this moment in time. Comparing him to Thurston, Cronk or DCE is a little silly. Recruiting a Cleary or Taylor you are recruiting potential and its a gamble. Recruiting somebody like Cronk wouldnt be.
But we are comparing apples to apples. I'm not comparing him to fullbacks or flyhalves.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If we are going to be spending a million on a partner for Milf, then my choice would be one of the Warriors halves.

Foran is probably the ideal Partner for Milf ... has both the game control and kicking that we lack, and would allow Milford to chime in when he sees something. I know he has had his mental issues in the past, but Bennett is the best in the business at getting players in the right head space.

SJ has shown he has all the talent to be one of the best halves in the comp, however, he lacks consistency. maybe a change of environment and culture would do him wonders

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
If we are going to be spending a million on a partner for Milf, then my choice would be one of the Warriors halves.

Foran is probably the ideal Partner for Milf ... has both the game control and kicking that we lack, and would allow Milford to chime in when he sees something. I know he has had his mental issues in the past, but Bennett is the best in the business at getting players in the right head space.

SJ has shown he has all the talent to be one of the best halves in the comp, however, he lacks consistency. maybe a change of environment and culture would do him wonders

Don't forget Foran's injury history, we'd likely be without him for three quarters of the season.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Off the top of my head I have Taylors running game ahead of Adam Reynolds, McCrone, Hodkinson, Brooks and Cleary as far as halfbacks go. That leaves Johnson, Hunt, Pearce, Thurston, Cronk, Norman, DCE, Mbye, Sezer and Townsend ahead of him. Definitely not above average.

Thats your thoughts. Have you got evidence to back this up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • dasherhalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • leon.bott
  • Harry Sack
  • Rambstien
  • sooticus
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.