Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
There's too many variables comparing player stats based on 6 games when a team like the Dragons are leading the comp and haven't played anyone worth while. Watch the games. Taylor is a really good kicker. He doesn't break tackles and he doesn't set up tries from a pass. He is a kicker and a fucking terrible defender. He has been grossly overrated on this forum.

Too many variables, titans are missing half there team . Your agenda against him is ridiculous.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Yet he took out rookie of the Year!
I've actually already disputed this against someone I take more seriously than you. Feel free to go back and read it.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
That's not what I said and you know it.

You don't win premierships scoring if your only method of scoring tries is from kicks.

But hey don't let me get in the way of your hero worship of Taylor....

I just want someone that can take us to a premiership and i think he could in a couple of years.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Also I'm a Milford troll, Taylor just has flaws people aren't willing to admit to.

Of course he has flaws , he is just into his second year.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
It's not better.

That was the point of the comment section on Fox the other night.

His try assists (noting that the Titans have the lowest try assists in the league according to Fox the other night) invariably come from kicks.

You don't win premierships that way.

Taylor is massively overhyped by some people on here.

And obviously by people who know what there talking about.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I think another thread should be made for this topic of discussion.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I've actually already disputed this against someone I take more seriously than you. Feel free to go back and read it.

Na im good , have already wasted enough of my time on this shit .

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I just want someone that can take us to a premiership and i think he could in a couple of years.
And I don't think that he will.

In fact unless he improves dramatically, he'll be another Tim Smith.

At the moment he's a one trick pony.

He might improve, but at the moment he's not worth the praise he gets on here.

Ps his defence isn't even u 20 standard. If he can't tackle then he won't survive in the NRL.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Taylor has a better passing game?

That's debatable.

I haven't seen anything in the footage to suggest it's better.
I don't base this on highlights. Although he's still pretty much a rookie in the NRL, I've been watching him play for about 8 years, and he definitely has a better passing game than Hunt, whom has been incapable of utilising Gillett or Roberts (and Hodges before that) to their ability.

There are a number of aspects than don't necessarily translate from the youth comps to FG, but passing and kicking are qualities that you either have, or you don't. He does!

He's still a work in progress in a dismal team (especially with all the injuries). If he gains the composure and game control of the truly greats, he has all the tools to become one of, if not the best HB in the comp, once Thurston and Cronk retire.

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Courier mail is now calling Bird almost a done deal with us, apparently we've been in talks with him for a few months.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
But we are comparing apples to apples. I'm not comparing him to fullbacks or flyhalves.

Not at the same stage in their careers you aren't. What was a 22 year old Thurston or Cronk achieving compared to Taylor.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'll never understand why Cult thinks that people aren't aware that Taylor has deficiencies in his game, even the most biased Taylor fans would acknowledge his poor defensive ability and heavy reliance on his kicking game (Both of which are things he can and will work on.. being 22 years old..)

Guess what, there's only 1 or 2 halves in the entire world who have virtually no flaws in their game, their names are Johnathan Thurston & Cooper Cronk, let's stop short of using them as a benchmark for all future halves targets for us, especially ones with under 30 games under their belt :/

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I don't base this on highlights. Although he's still pretty much a rookie in the NRL, I've been watching him play for about 8 years, and he definitely has a better passing game than Hunt, whom has been incapable of utilising Gillett or Roberts (and Hodges before that) to their ability.

There are a number of aspects than don't necessarily translate from the youth comps to FG, but passing and kicking are qualities that you either have, or you don't. He does!

He's still a work in progress in a dismal team (especially with all the injuries). If he gains the composure and game control of the truly greats, he has all the tools to become one of, if not the best HB in the comp, once Thurston and Cronk retire.
Don't why anyone bothers listening to you on this topic.

Objective wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe your views on this bloke.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I'll never understand why Cult thinks that people aren't aware that Taylor has deficiencies in his game, even the most biased Taylor fans would acknowledge his poor defensive ability and heavy reliance on his kicking game (Both of which are things he can and will work on.. being 22 years old..)

Guess what, there's only 1 or 2 halves in the entire world who have virtually no flaws in their game, their names are Johnathan Thurston & Cooper Cronk, let's stop short of using them as a benchmark for all future halves targets for us, especially ones with under 30 games under their belt :/

Rubbish.

The praise heaped on this kid by some people is ridiculous.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Rubbish.

The praise heaped on this kid by some people is ridiculous.

You mean.. one person? Porthoz is the captain of the Ash Taylor ship, his actions and statements are his own, the broader Ash Taylor fan base are more understanding of the criticisms and concerns, but believe he will improve in those areas, as most halves do during their mid 20's.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Broncos set to snare Cronulla Sharks star Jack Bird

THE Broncos are on the verge of landing a major recruitment coup by securing Cronulla’s State of Origin star Jack Bird to solve their halves shortage.

Bird, 22, is expected to finalise his future this week and the Broncos are confident they will land his signature.

The Bird development came as the Broncos discovered they will be without halfback Ben Hunt (hamstring) for six weeks, allowing Kodi Nikorima to press his claims for the No. 7 jersey.

Brisbane have been secretly courting Bird for two months, holding multiple meetings and tabling an attractive three-year offer to the Blues utility.

While the money is short of the near $1 million-a-season on offer from Newcastle, Bird has a desire to be coached by seven-time premiership winner Wayne Bennett.

Bennett was coach of the Dragons in 2011 when a teenage Bird was coming through St George Illawarra’s junior system.

The sustained success of the Broncos is also a lure compared to Newcastle, who are in contention for a third consecutive wooden spoon.

The Broncos are viewing Bird as a five-eighth option for 2018 to partner Anthony Milford, who will shift to halfback in place of Dragons-bound Hunt.

Should the experiment with Bird at five-eighth fail, Brisbane will still have a versatile young representative player on their books who can play any position in the backline and pinch-hit in the backrow if needed.

Exciting Titans duo Kane Elgey and Ashley Taylor remain off-contract for 2019 and will be the fallback options for the Broncos if Bird and Milford don’t combine as hoped.

While the impending acquisition of Bird for next season is a major boost for the Broncos, Bennett must find a way to keep his team on track in the absence of Hunt.

Nikorima, a New Zealand Test representative, will on Tuesday be named in the No. 7 jersey for the Good Friday derby against the Titans and the Broncos want to see him evolve into a quality back-up playmaker for their starting halves.

Nikorima and Bennett were at Davies Park on Sunday to watch potential Broncos halfbacks Todd Murphy (Norths) and Sam Scarlett (Souths-Logan) push their cases for an NRL call-up.

Neither seized the chance.

Scarlett’s Magpies emerged victorious 42-22, however he failed to finish the game with an ankle injury and Murphy was left dejected by the Devils’ performance.

Nikorima spent the opening month of the season with the Devils and Murphy said he expected the livewire to thrive at halfback for the Broncos.

“Kodi is a classy player,” Murphy said.

“He’s been good (for us). He’s dangerous with his speed.

“He’s back in first grade now so I don’t think we’ll see him.

“He’d take (the halfback opportunity) with both hands. He’s an international player. He played well for us and for the Broncos against the Roosters. He deserves his spot.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/34a5d27729d9dfdfa9f28e8471a8d06b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Gaz
  • Broncorob
  • thenry
  • kwomo
  • Organix
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.