Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
Bird seems like a wanker off the field but when he is on the field he is someone I want on my team.
So many halves are turnstiles because they are targeted so easily by the opposition. This guy can run and ball play like a 5/8 but his defence is good (even vicious on occasion).
Welcome aboard I say.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Would prefer a bit lower but he is quality . Am a little concerned about his position though , would much lrecer him at 5/8 or center . And how much money does it leave us for better fitting half the Year aftet.

That is going to depend entirely on where the celery cap ends up...

I think his good points are that he CAN play 5/8, fullback or Centre and I'm sure if he doesn't work out at 5/8 he will handsomely replace Moga at left centre...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
So it seems the Bird talk may not be all fluff...

I don't know how I feel about it, I rate him very highly as a player, I think he's fantastic, good runner of the ball, strong defender, but nothing that I've seen which makes me thing he can play 5/8. As long as he's happy to come on the understanding that he may not stay in the halves if it doesn't work out, then I guess it can't hurt to try.

I don't feel too comfortable with the idea of Milford being a 7 and being the controlling half, but I guess we'll see how he goes in the next 8 weeks.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
And the halfwits on the Matty Johns show saying the same joke for the 20th time - "it's a salary sombrero" and then they will all laugh like it is the first time they've heard it.

and when a Sydney club sign a good player they just trumpet how good of a signing it is without even questioning how they can fit said player under the cap

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
and when a Sydney club sign a good player they just trumpet how good of a signing it is without even questioning how they can fit said player under the cap

I've had opposition supporters accuse the Broncos of cheating the salary cap in the 80's before it was introduced.....

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't like the idea of paying someone $1.1 million who may play at centre.

You would give that kind of money to a Meninga type.

There is too much risk for the money he wants.

I don't want him at the club.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
I'd rather spend that money on trying to get Folau from rugby to play fullback and Boyd to 5/8 or just re-sign Hunt for Christ sake.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
If the dollar amounts quoted are even somewhat accurate it really makes me think that Hunt was being pushed out or unwanted.

If we have these sorts of dollars to offer Bird then we could have kept Hunt, even if we offered slightly less than the Dragons then I think he would have stayed.

It all just lends me to believe that we wanted to go another direction and that our offers were just to help Hunt get his maximum out of the Dragons.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Clearly the Dragons Cocked up with the estimated salary cap in regard to hunts contract.
I wonder how many they'll have to shed to accommodate him.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I don't like the idea of paying someone $1.1 million who may play at centre.

You would give that kind of money to a Meninga type.

There is too much risk for the money he wants.

I don't want him at the club.
It's more $750k -$800k apparently.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The $1.1m - $1.2m figure just doesn't make sense.
Agreed, frankly that is the amount the media is throwing out, I don't buy the Broncos are prepared to pay that for a player like Bird.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Signing Bird gives us two of the most talented young players in the comp, and two guys who will most definitely be mainstays in the Aus side in a couple of years. Work out positions later.

Another bonus is that we haven't thrown cash around like some other clubs who're expecting the cap to sky rocket, so we have money to burn and big clubs like the rorters, eels, and dogs out of the running because they've already blown their loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.