Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Bird is a really good player, but I don't see it working in the halves - as a centre, absolutely.

Edit: Has there been any "Bird is the word" headlines yet?

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Hope we don't get him .. Would prefer Widdop..Maloney.. Foran...Even Tyrone Roberts and work on his defense

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Bird is a really good player, but I don't see it working in the halves - as a centre, absolutely.

Edit: Has there been any "Bird is the word" headlines yet?

GOD DAMN IT
THAT WILL BE IN MY HEAD NOW FOR THE WHOLE DAY!

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Ideally too, we should just wait on this salary cap because teams are going to be well over the initial figure for next year. Apparently the panthers are going to be at around 10 mill

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It's more $750k -$800k apparently.

That's still too much for a centre that's not top of the line.

And a 5/8 that hasn't shown he will be anything more than a good runner.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
That's still too much for a centre that's not top of the line.

And a 5/8 that hasn't shown he will be anything more than a good runner.

I agree ! Im confused and concerned about this but there'sobviously a plan in place.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Signing Bird gives us two of the most talented young players in the comp, and two guys who will most definitely be mainstays in the Aus side in a couple of years. Work out positions later.

Another bonus is that we haven't thrown cash around like some other clubs who're expecting the cap to sky rocket, so we have money to burn and big clubs like the rorters, eels, and dogs out of the running because they've already blown their loads.

Roosters always have money to burn. They are even close to signging Tedesco apparently.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
The whole Jack Bird thing really concerns me. I don't see any way that they plan to have a spine of Boyd, Milford and Bird. Which makes me think both Boyd and Milford are off contract. With Boyd being named captain, I doubt he will be going anywhere, unless behind the scenes he has some personal issues and is contemplating retirement either at the end of this season, or perhaps next season. In which case Bird may be signed as a centre/half for a season before going to fullback to replace Boyd.

The other, and probably more likely option is that Milford isn't getting renewed. He has had a pretty poor few games this season and back end of last season (other than against the roosters where he was quite good). This also worries me. I definitely think Milford has more talent than Bird, but if he does lack enthusiasm at training then perhaps it's the right move.

End of the day, If we have a spine of Boyd, Milford and Bird, I don't see us winning a premiership. That is arguably a worse spine than our current one which we all know has issues. Not to mention the fact we would have $3 mil + locked up in those 3 players...

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I would be happy with jack. You can try him at 5/8 which i think could work, he can pass, has decent speed, short kicking game is adequate, is strong and has solid defence. If it fails kodi can come in and Bird slots in at centre. This kid has the skill to play a lot of positions and i have a lot of faith in Wayne.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Regarding the whole "Bird doesn't look like a five eighth" thing, what I read was that he'll play 6 for us in 2018 because we have virtually no other options, but he's viewed long term as a fullback replacement for Boyd.

Chance that Boyd finishes his career on the wing or centres, like Inglis probably will.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I really don't like turning Milford into more and more of an organising role. I mean, I know it's probably inevitable next year, but not long term. He should be mostly running and supporting. When his speeds starts to decline, we can think about it then. Like Lockyer late in his career.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I really don't like turning Milford into more and more of an organising role. I mean, I know it's probably inevitable next year, but not long term. He should be mostly running and supporting. When his speeds starts to decline, we can think about it then. Like Lockyer late in his career.

Milf would be the ultimate half if he could add it to his repertoire

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Regarding the whole "Bird doesn't look like a five eighth" thing, what I read was that he'll play 6 for us in 2018 because we have virtually no other options, but he's viewed long term as a fullback replacement for Boyd.

Chance that Boyd finishes his career on the wing or centres, like Inglis probably will.

I thought corey allan was touted as boyds replacement?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

Yeah i'm sure I read that the plan was to put him in the halves, and if that doesnt work, throw him in backrow/lock and sign another half lol.

Connor Watson mentioned as a potential target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • IceWorks
  • Aldo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • thenry
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.