Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
True in a sense, but it does depend what Milford does in the 7.
As I said elsewhere, this is what irks me. We already have a running 5/8th.....who we're going to try and turn into a half back, therefore taking away from his biggest strength.....in order to buy an untested 5/8th.

As I said elsewhere, this is what irks me. We already have a running 5/8th.....who we're going to try and turn into a half back, therefore taking away from his biggest strength.....in order to buy an untested 5/8th.

Not a fan of it either, but it's sounds like no matter what Milford is switching to halfback next year.

And for what it's worth I think he can gun it there.

Paul Kent has said that the latest is that Jack Bird won't be coming to the Broncos.

Take that as you will.

Paul Kent has said that the latest is that Jack Bird won't be coming to the Broncos.

Take that as you will.
If true, he'd more than likely stay at Cronulla ? Can't see him at the Knights.

If true, he'd more than likely stay at Cronulla ? Can't see him at the Knights.

Chad Townsend is off contract at the end of the year, I think the only way they retain Bird is if they don't renew The Chad and move Bird into the halves. This was a theory thrown up by someone on TV last night btw and I agree with it.

Chad Townsend is off contract at the end of the year, I think the only way they retain Bird is if they don't renew The Chad and move Bird into the halves. This was a theory thrown up by someone on TV last night btw and I agree with it.

If that is what it comes down to, they would have ricks in their heads to hold on to Townsend and lose Bird.

If that is what it comes down to, they would have ricks in their heads to hold on to Townsend and lose Bird.
Agreed. He wants to get more ball which means the halves. Simple solution imo.

I can see them doing this too.

He got his information from Ben Ikin a couple of months before at a vague place and a vague time.

4d0a4a0fb8d69324000e996039c09351.jpg
f8e2240ea16d2c13ba158bf4cddbc719--rick-astley-style-icons.jpg
Rick+Stone+I4snyrvwCEbm.jpg

Absolutely they would have Ricks in their head. He is never gonna give them up, or let them down. I must say though I do hope he is going to run around and desert them.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=e82e949f3034a07410790203da17bf18-1491889796

BRISBANE skipper Darius Boyd says Broncos players will have no issue altering their game plan to suit Jack Bird if the NSW Origin star signs with the club.
The Broncos are sweating on the signature of Bird, who is expected to make a definitive call on his future before Brisbane’s clash against the Titans on Friday night.
Brisbane’s offer has been reported to be as high as $1.2 million per season, but News Corp can reveal their three-year deal is worth $700,000 annually
Newcastle are going hard for Bird, while Cronulla haven’t given up hope of keeping the 22-year-old, but the Broncos have offered the utility the chance to be on-the-ball at five-eighth.
Boyd is not opposed to Brisbane’s pursuit of Bird and is adamant the hard-running Cronulla premiership winner can fit in well at the Broncos’ scrumbase.
“Anyone that comes here, you fit around them and work around them,” Boyd said when asked if Bird can be the right fit for the Broncos.
“It’s like Kodi (Nikorima, Ben Hunt’s temporary replacement at halfback), we’ll work around his game and if Jack Bird comes here, we’d do the same.
“But that’s for next year if it even happens ... there is a long way to go this year so we have to focus on this year.”
Boyd believes Anthony Milford can succeed at halfback if the Broncos pivot is shifted next year to accommodate Bird in the famous No. 6 jumper once worn by Wally Lewis and Darren Lockyer.
“It’s the same role, 7 and 6, we don’t have so much an organiser in this team as playing what we see,” Boyd said.
“That’s what we did on the weekend (in their 32-8 defeat of the Roosters) and we want to continue to do that.
“If that happens (Bird partnering Milford in the halves), they would do a good job.”
Asked if he would be prepared to move from fullback to five-eighth, Boyd said: “I’m open to it, but at the end of the day that is next year so we have to focus on this year and what we can control now.
“I’m comfortable in that role (five-eighth) if I had to do it, but that’s something I will think about in the off-season and moving forward next year.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  • barker
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.