Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrigan will play Origin. No doubt about it in my mind. The best forward we have coming through imo.

I believe you, and I haven’t seen anything to say he isn’t, just that Joe shouldn’t be thinking about those guys when thinking about his future considering he should’ve been in Maroon this year.

We will have a bit of a logjam in the next season or two provided all the injuries recover, but if Tevita does end up leaving it will streamline things a bit: McGuire will (unfortunately) stay at Lock, Gillo and Su’A at 11/12. Joe and Lodge in the front row, Haas, Fifita are locks for the bench. Mago, Carrigan, Savelio, Flegler etc to fill the rest

Pangai posting a picture of him and Wayne on his Instagram story, undoubtedly referencing the Newy story. Regardless of our individual stances (I’m pro-Wayne, pending reasons), we shouldn’t keep Wayne just to keep Tevita, but if we do move him on, we need to do it properly, and so we don’t make up TPJ’s mind for him

Assuming Isaako is our long term fullback, and O'Sullivan provides a steady hand in the halves.. We keep who we want and with Glenn/Kahu/Bird go.. Our side without any big signings could easily win a comp next year

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. James Roberts
6. Anthony Milford
7. Sean O'Sullivan
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Payne Haas

Not sure how you could argue with that line up.

Staggs needs to be playing 80 minutes. A combo with Roberts would be lethal and I don't think Roberts loses anything by shifting to the wing.

I'd prefer TPJ to play more minutes at lock and have McGuire and Lodge interchange with Haas and Ofahengaue.

Fifita would come on for either edge backrower, whoever needs a break.

Kodi can go back to being the much needed spark off the bench, preferably coming on at dummy half and capitalising on Haas/Pangai/Ofa's big runs and quick plays of the ball.

We'd still have plenty of depth..

18. Patrick Mago
19. Gehemat Shibasaki
20. Jonus Pearson
21. George Fai
22. Patrick Carrigan
23. Jake Turpin
24. Salesi Funaki
25. Tanah Boyd
26. Andre Savelio
27. Thomas Flegler

That's just with our current squad

Last edited:
Assuming Isaako is our long term fullback, and O'Sullivan provides a steady hand in the halves.. We keep who we want and with Glenn/Kahu/Bird go.. Our side without any big signings could easily win a comp next year

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. James Roberts
6. Anthony Milford
7. Sean O'Sullivan
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Payne Haas

Not sure how you could argue with that line up.

Staggs needs to be playing 80 minutes. A combo with Roberts would be lethal and I don't think Roberts loses anything by shifting to the wing.

I'd prefer TPJ to play more minutes at lock and have McGuire and Lodge interchange with Haas and Ofahengaue.

Fifita would come on for either edge backrower, whoever needs a break.

Kodi can go back to being the much needed spark off the bench, preferably coming on at dummy half and capitalising on Haas/Pangai/Ofa's big runs and quick plays of the ball.

We'd still have plenty of depth..

18. Patrick Mago
19. Gehemat Shibasaki
20. Jonus Pearson
21. George Fai
22. Patrick Carrigan
23. Jake Turpin
24. Salesi Funaki
25. Tanah Boyd
26. Andre Savelio
27. Thomas Flegler

That's just with our current squad
I might quibble with your choice of words here, yes I could EASILY imagine winning a comp with that squad but not winning a comp EASILY ha ha.

Yes of course, referencing Bennett side of things as per post @Allo
Did you not read it?

Yes I did, and he posted the picture after that story came out. Reaffirming his stance. No need to be curt

Roos home in extra time over Wests, O'Sullivan two missed field goals but converts the try to end it. Still wasn't super involved only ran the ball six times.

Last edited:
Roos home in extra time over Wests, O'Sullivan two missed field goals but converts the try to end it. Still wasn't super involved only ran the ball six times.

Let's just hope his mind is already at the Broncos. That'd be the best excuse for it to put my mind at ease.. I don't really want another Ben Hunt.

Does anyone see the possibility of O'Sullivan taking over at hooker for Macca in the future? I thought I saw that he has played there.

Could play him at 7 for a couple of years and then shift him when Macca is slowing down (hard to believe that's possible)

Leaves a pathway for Paix or Tanah Boyd

Can't access the article on couriermail but who is the Australian Schoolboys fullback we have signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kman
  • pennywisealfie
  • HVbronco
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  • Spoon
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Yem
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Wendall Taylor
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.