Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know olam is from PNG but would he be eligible for Qld? He had been pretty solid or perhaps that may just be the melbourne storm effect.

There will be a spot for Holmes if he keeps back. Provided he doesn't play like absolute shit, he'll be there ahead of Opacic and Moga for sure. Ahead of Oates too at his best.

In the words of Gus Gould, Moga was an elite junior before knee injuries crueled him. Toward the end of his time with the Broncos, he was playing great football - both attacking and in defense. That's why Newcastle poached him - he was playing great football.

Then another knee injury.

Note my caveat ... IF FIT. If he can string 10 games before Origin next year and show his true potential, I'm sure Moga can proven himself the best Queensland centre available (in a very thin field).

Moga has size, tackle breaking ability and hopefully pace - something not available in any other centre available to Queensland.

So how bout ben Simmons hitting his first three for the Sixers hopefully the first of many this season...

Can he play fullback.....

has that joke been done yet?

I didn’t even realise moga had a functioning knee anymore.

Just looking at a list of players that can be approached from November 1st. Two of the better ones were Connor Watson and AJ Brimson. Solid full back options and maybe 5/8 at a push. Of course it would all depend on price but if either could be gotten at around the 500k mark it'd surely be worth a shot I reckon.

Yeah I thought hymel hunt was good, he could be a smokey. Had big raps on him in the lower grades and has slowly gotten better the last few years , is at the age he could come good.
There was definitely a time going back the bets part of a decade where there would have been plenty of people thinking Queensland's future backline would feature any or all of Tautau Moga, Edrick Lee and Hymel Hunt. Just goes to show that U20's form can often count for very little.
[automerge]1570655240[/automerge]
I'm a fan of Tommy, but it says a lot about our stocks in the centers that he is even in the conversation even on here as an option for QLD. He had a mixed start for the Cows, but once he found his feet he was good, but not great in most games. One thing that may go for him in terms of Origin is he is tough, and he is a competitor. I didnt really see him get dominated by anyone and he will hold his own against most centers physically. I'm genuinely struggling to think of any QLD centers who were in better form than he was. Seve was in and out, Moga wasnt a standout, Hymel Hunt was fairly decnt tbf. Beyond that, we are going to be looking at Munster, Morgan or Mbye for the centers, and i think they may get found out because they arent naturals in the position.
I can't escape the feeling that Opacic unfortunately comes from the wrong generation. I just feel like he's the kind of guy who could have had his Steve Bell or Adam Mogg moment if he'd been born a few years earlier into a team of stars. Queensland have great history with picking guys who don't necessarily set the world on fire at club level but seem to grow a level in an Origin jumper and Opacic just reminds me of that kind of player I guess.

Look honestly, the jersey can realistically be his, and all he really needs is 10 good games before May next year. Same goes for all the contenders but especially the guys actually playing in the Centres each week, the jersey is there for the taking.

Last edited:
Just looking at a list of players that can be approached from November 1st. Two of the better ones were Connor Watson and AJ Brimson. Solid full back options and maybe 5/8 at a push. Of course it would all depend on price but if either could be gotten at around the 500k mark it'd surely be worth a shot I reckon.
I rate brimson! That would solve our fb issue and gets milf back in the halves.

I rate brimson! That would solve our fb issue and gets milf back in the halves.
If we can pay Brimson 500k then you could safely say the Titans would be prepared to pay him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • the_next
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncos Maestro
  • jd87
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.