Edit: attacking another member

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Quoting edited post

Edit: Attacking another member

Edit: Quoted edited post

That’s what Big Pete said last year, and to be fair, we’ve all been hoping for the past few.
Isn't this his last year on the $mill.
Hopefully playing for a contract will motivate him.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Yeah it probably will, but that’s beside the point if you know what I mean. I can’t understand these young fellas not giving it their all, especially as the frontman, only to turn it on in their contract year.

When there's nothing at stake, you don't have to care.

Therein lies the problem, there IS something at stake, the premiership, and these guys don't seem to care too much about that.

Last edited:
Isn't this his last year on the $mill.
Hopefully playing for a contract will motivate him.

And what of the other 4 years?

Last edited:
Does Milford's contract include the dreaded player option? Hopefully not...

I really don't like the 'with a decent halfback' argument. Honestly, if you're paying a guy a million a year, you shouldn't have to rely on the pieces around him to bring out his best. He should be the piece that brings the best out in the players around him.

If he gets back to his best next year, great, but it shouldn't mean the Broncos extend at the same price tag. Let him be someone else's bad investment.

Does Milford's contract include the dreaded player option? Hopefully not...

I really don't like the 'with a decent halfback' argument. Honestly, if you're paying a guy a million a year, you shouldn't have to rely on the pieces around him to bring out his best. He should be the piece that brings the best out in the players around him.

If he gets back to his best next year, great, but it shouldn't mean the Broncos extend at the same price tag. Let him be someone else's bad investment.
The Cowboys missed the 8 most years with arguably the greatest 7 the game has ever seen in the team, and someone who was a top 5 earning player for every year of that. The Cowboys weren't consistently good until they Had Morgan as well.

Manly were pretty bad before Tom Turbo gave some support to DCE, Eels for the most part were useless when they relied on Hayne. Parra are doing alright now because they have a solid fullback, a decent halfback and one of the better fullbacks in the comp.

I think to expect a player to be able to perform without support is ridiculous. Look at the warriors, missed the 8 completely. Man, that RTS fella must be crap.

Think of it this way. Name a spine that is actually worse than our one. Not just on paper, but actual performance wise. I honestly don't think there is one. I'd argue lower end teams like the Bulldogs, Titans, Cowboys all have a better spine than us, yet we managed to come 8th.

The amount of hate Milford gets is honestly absurd. He is a ball running 6 that can create things a lot of other players can't, but he isn't 10 foot tall and can't carry the other 3 blokes in the spine, because that is exactly what he had to do this year. Milford wasn't moved to fullback to do more, he was moved because Boyd was fucking shit. Milford was effectively our 1, 6 and 7 for the majority of the season.

If you actually look, before he was even made fullback he was often the one picking up the grubbers, making last ditch tackle attempts and stuff. I don't get how people question his effort, he actually does a lot, particularly if you're at the game and see how much ground he often covers to be there in defense. Yes sometimes he looks gassed, but im sure most weeks he runs an extra couple km compared to Boyd, Turpin etc.

Milford is probably the only member in our backline that gets a pass from me, because most of the season no one else stood up at all. Corey Oates has been missing since Origin 1, Staggs is up and down, so to is isaako. Glenn isn't a centre but filled in admirably. Turpin may as well not been on the field defensively as a 7, and Boyd is the most pathetic excuse of a player I have ever seen.

I have to admit I bounce between thinking Milf is a shit **** and that he's been carrying the load.

I think there's probably a bit of truth in both statements. I just can't work out whether it's us or whether it's him - I suspect only those close to him will know the truth.

The Cowboys missed the 8 most years with arguably the greatest 7 the game has ever seen in the team, and someone who was a top 5 earning player for every year of that. The Cowboys weren't consistently good until they Had Morgan as well.

Manly were pretty bad before Tom Turbo gave some support to DCE, Eels for the most part were useless when they relied on Hayne. Parra are doing alright now because they have a solid fullback, a decent halfback and one of the better fullbacks in the comp.

I think to expect a player to be able to perform without support is ridiculous. Look at the warriors, missed the 8 completely. Man, that RTS fella must be crap.

How many off-seasons did JT and DCE come back from unfit and unmotivated? How often did they go missing in games when some spark was needed, even if they ultimately went on to lose?

That's not to say that I don't get your point, and it's absolutely true -- league is not a one player game. And Milford will look better with better pieces around him, undoubtedly, and he's shown that in the past. But there also seems to be underlying issues with his attitude, drive and ambition, and that's why I don't think he's a million dollar a year player. When you get that kind of money, you've got to bring more than raw potential. Especially four years in. You should be a leader, and you should be working harder than anyone else.

Anyway, that's just my opinion...

nope just that he isn't what we need and isn't worth his price tag ... that's all, no other reasons

I don’t want him either BUT he’s a fullback who has played a season out of his skin at six to be BOG in the GF in a losing side who likes like he could be anything, I mean if this doesn’t sound like Milf who got a million $ as a result, who is? Milf got a million $ as a result too.

How many off-seasons did JT and DCE come back from unfit and unmotivated? How often did they go missing in games when some spark was needed, even if they ultimately went on to lose?

That's not to say that I don't get your point, and it's absolutely true -- league is not a one player game. And Milford will look better with better pieces around him, undoubtedly, and he's shown that in the past. But there also seems to be underlying issues with his attitude, drive and ambition, and that's why I don't think he's a million dollar a year player. When you get that kind of money, you've got to bring more than raw potential. Especially four years in. You should be a leader, and you should be working harder than anyone else.

Anyway, that's just my opinion...
Yeah there is an underlying issuse. Surely everyday he wakes up and thinks "**** me, i should have gone to the storm". Imagine going to work everyday knowing half of the people aren't gonna show up and you will need to do their work for them.

Think of it this way. Name a spine that is actually worse than our one. Not just on paper, but actual performance wise. I honestly don't think there is one. I'd argue lower end teams like the Bulldogs, Titans, Cowboys all have a better spine than us, yet we managed to come 8th.

The amount of hate Milford gets is honestly absurd. He is a ball running 6 that can create things a lot of other players can't, but he isn't 10 foot tall and can't carry the other 3 blokes in the spine, because that is exactly what he had to do this year. Milford wasn't moved to fullback to do more, he was moved because Boyd was fucking shit. Milford was effectively our 1, 6 and 7 for the majority of the season.

If you actually look, before he was even made fullback he was often the one picking up the grubbers, making last ditch tackle attempts and stuff. I don't get how people question his effort, he actually does a lot, particularly if you're at the game and see how much ground he often covers to be there in defense. Yes sometimes he looks gassed, but im sure most weeks he runs an extra couple km compared to Boyd, Turpin etc.

Milford is probably the only member in our backline that gets a pass from me, because most of the season no one else stood up at all. Corey Oates has been missing since Origin 1, Staggs is up and down, so to is isaako. Glenn isn't a centre but filled in admirably. Turpin may as well not been on the field defensively as a 7, and Boyd is the most pathetic excuse of a player I have ever seen.

Didn't see this before I posted the above, and you do make a convincing argument.

I don't hate Milf, and to be honest my criticism is more about his contract value than anything else, which I'll admit is a little unfair to him.

Maybe it's all just built up frustration from all the mediocrity of the past few seasons. I just want to win ffs. Is that too much to ask?

Didn't see this before I posted the above, and you do make a convincing argument.

I don't hate Milf, and to be honest my criticism is more about his contract value than anything else, which I'll admit is a little unfair to him.

Maybe it's all just built up frustration from all the mediocrity of the past few seasons. I just want to win ffs. Is that too much to ask?
If Milf was earning 500k he would get a pass from me. At 1m he gets a definate fail.

I think Milford has been our biggest mistake of the past decade.
Has done absolutely nothing for the money he has been paid.
He has a terrible footy brain, he seems lazy and unmotivated 90% of the time, and the sparks of magic have been few and far between.
Brisbane gambled on him and lost.
Would love to see him gone from the club, and this is not coming from a place of hate, i have hoped and hoped and hoped Milford turns up and shows something worthy of his contract, and i have NEVER seen it.
As Skyblue said, if he was on 500K he would get a pass, only just, and even then i would have him on notice.

Let's see how a fitter Milf with greater expectations around his training, with Dearden at 7 and Turpin at 9 goes. I don;t expect miracles next year, but I expect to see signs that Seibs is now running the show, not the good ole boys, and see in improvement in fitness and consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.