Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is in fact what he is doing, it shows who our captain should have been for the past few years. A player who is willing to take an action which is not necessarily best for himself but is what is best for the team.

Gutted for him as i think some of the injuries he sustained were due to having to extend himself covering other players defensive deficiencies (i.e. niko) or putting a big hit on to fire up the team.
This is not to diminish Gillett's massive courage to call it quits, but he does still get paid, so he won't be out of pocket, it just won't be on our cap. Fortunately we can easily afford the money and it's going to a bloke who thoroughly deserves it.

I also do think it is in his best interests as well as the team's though, so it's not entirely self sacrificing. His body just hasn't been the same and I think he would have only risked causing himself major complications later in life if he'd kept going and it's great to see he had the courage to accept that.

NEW YORK’S HITLIST

Following the success of the Toronto Wolfpack, a New York rugby league team is on the verge of being approved to join the third-tier competition in England in 2021.

Toronto will play in Super League in 2020, just three years after also kicking off in League 1 and being promoted up two competitions.

Should New York be promoted each season, they could break into Super League by 2023.

The team will need players, and according to UK publication League Weekly, the likes of Benji Marshall, Kieran Foran, Darius Boyd and the Morris twins are on New York’s hit list.

toss up between him and Glenn (although Glenn still has a shot)
Glenns going get to play with all of our monsters for the next two years so definitely still in with a shot.

Hopefully this frees up some cash to sign Croft and Fifita:

Last edited:
Has there ever been a Bronco who was more deserving of a Premiership that didn't get one?
I also do think it is in his best interests as well as the team's though, so it's not entirely self sacrificing. His body just hasn't been the same and I think he would have only risked causing himself major complications later in life if he'd kept going and it's great to see he had the courage to accept that.

Maybe Jack Reed, similar situation as you describe for Gillo. Great bloke crueled by injuries, I guess he wasn't the star that Gillett is but still. Gave the game away before his time because, iirc, he was told otherwise his shoulders would be so fucked he couldn't pick up his kids.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a Bronco who was more deserving of a Premiership that didn't get one?
Alex Glenn has to be up there. Under 20s captain, over 250 games, several Mr. Consistent awards etc.

Paul Hauff, Outstanding debut season in 1990 and played for Queensland and Australia in 1991, had the potential to be one of the best fullbacks of his era. A terrible shoulder injury in 1992 early in the season robbed him of the opportunity to win a premiership and his career was never the same playing about 13 games between 1993 and 1996 cause of injuries and it's effect on his confidence.

🎵One of these things is not like the others.🎵
Read the article, the team will be Div 3 in 2021, if they got promoted every year th ey wouldn't be in superleauge until 2023 haha. Honestly though, Div 3 is probably about where Boyd belongs.

The old gifting trick is now able to be judged fair and reasonable in context by the ATO these days. It wont wash, but its a discounted lifestyle that becomes available. Memberships (star city/crown vip), discounts ($1 dollar flights because they purchased through a specific travel agent), access to cheaper building off the plan due to "slower market activity and needing to finish the development stage" etc. There's 100 ways to skin the cat, just depends how dirty you want to be.

So I have heard this story about a certain club boss and a player .
Boss and player are having a game of golf boss says I'll bet you $$$$
that I win this hole. Oops , boss hits his ball into the water and player wins the hole.
Happens in front of witnesses for verification.
That's how easy it can be. Just 2 blokes with a side wager for big dollars.
Tax free , cap free money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.