Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Jack Reed, similar situation as you describe for Gillo. Great bloke crueled by injuries, I guess he wasn't the star that Gillett is but still. Gave the game away before his time because, iirc, he was told otherwise his shoulders would be so fucked he couldn't pick up his kids.
Something wrong with those Bribie boys

So I have heard this story about a certain club boss and a player .
Boss and player are having a game of golf boss says I'll bet you $$$$
that I win this hole. Oops , boss hits his ball into the water and player wins the hole.
Happens in front of witnesses for verification.
That's how easy it can be. Just 2 blokes with a side wager for big dollars.
Tax free , cap free money

Why didn’t you say it was Politis and Roosters players, this is pretty well known, they even laugh about it on Triple M.

Right . I didnt here it from mmm so I didnt know it was a common rumour.
I heard it last year when they were looking to upgrade a player.
Did they name the player as well??

Alex Glenn has to be up there. Under 20s captain, over 250 games, several Mr. Consistent awards etc.
Alex Glenn might not finish in this category.
[automerge]1572490951[/automerge]
Paul Hauff, Outstanding debut season in 1990 and played for Queensland and Australia in 1991, had the potential to be one of the best fullbacks of his era. A terrible shoulder injury in 1992 early in the season robbed him of the opportunity to win a premiership and his career was never the same playing about 13 games between 1993 and 1996 cause of injuries and it's effect on his confidence.

A really strong honourable mention. Hard luck stories through injury are one thing (like Hauff, Reed and JYY) but when you've had such a long a career and still haven't won one, you still have to say, it's hard to go past Gillett.

Has slogged it our for us for a decade now, at times being our best player and almost always in our Top 3, yet he's going out without a Premiership. That's a new experience for a Broncos player and Broncos fans.

Last edited:
How long will we have to wait for the Croft announcement? I'm guessing it would be kind of bad taste to do it today, if that's where Gillette's money is going.

How long will we have to wait for the Croft announcement? I'm guessing it would be kind of bad taste to do it today, if that's where Gillette's money is going.

We start pre-season training next week, so you'd assume either tomorrow or early next week would be absolutely ideal, if it's going to happen.

Early next week. The news cycle is about Gillo and his career right now, the Broncs will want to give him some air.

Right . I didnt here it from mmm so I didnt know it was a common rumour.
I heard it last year when they were looking to upgrade a player.
Did they name the player as well??
Kent's been mentioning it for years. Usually after shitting on about how the Broncos have so many unfair advantages, but tbf I stopped listening to that clown a coupleof years back.

Kent's been mentioning it for years. Usually after shitting on about how the Broncos have so many unfair advantages, but tbf I stopped listening to that clown a coupleof years back.

No you didn't you've been brainwashed by him and you have no choice to admit it...according to another poster on here.

No you didn't you've been brainwashed by him and you have no choice to admit it...according to another poster on here.
And that is the only reason you don't like Hayne.

NRL.com understands that both Kotoni Staggs and Alex Glenn have also agreed in principle to two-year contract extensions as Anthony Seibold looks to regenerate the Broncos roster.

Not only the biggest indication yet that Glenn will stay, but also the length of time he's set to stay at the club.

He and Seibold ended up driving back to Brisbane together from Sydney over the weekend, with Seibold due to return to Queensland anyway and Fifita unable to fly due to the strain air cabin pressure would place on his injury.

Seibold playing 4D chess, that's like 10 hours of uninterrupted 1 on 1 sweet talking. Fifi ain't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.