Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would seem a bit odd to me. Not sure we need him as depth unless we are looking for somebody cheap for 12 months to add a bit of experience.
Maybe he will fill the other centre role for 12/24 months while we ease the other youngsters in and Bird goes to FB or he's on his way out.

That would seem a bit odd to me. Not sure we need him as depth unless we are looking for somebody cheap for 12 months to add a bit of experience.

Back up for fullback if Boyd playing there ever again is out of the question?

We don't need or want him but we don't have a choice. He still had a 2 or 3-year contract, the Cows only signed him for one year with an option in their favor for the second year. Due to the Cows not wanting him for that second year, we are now liable for the remaining years and have to take him back under our cap.

We don't need or want him but we don't have a choice. He still had a 2 or 3-year contract, the Cows only signed him for one year with an option in their favor for the second year. Due to the Cows not wanting him for that second year, we are now liable for the remaining years and have to take him back under our cap.

we don't have to take him back ... he was released, there is no such thing as a loan arrangement in the NRL

the reports were that the Cowboys offered him a new contract, but he turned them down ... he wasn't a part of the Cowboys cleanout

Last edited:

Imagine if any of this was true. It would be hilarious.

Imagine if any of this was true. It would be hilarious.
Imagine trying to be condescending and then being wrong, that would be even funnier. How do you explain that he had a 3-year deal ending in 2020, which the Cows would have to honor by taking his contract over from us, but then being released by the Cows with one-year left? If it was possible to do that we would of let Boyd go.

Imagine trying to be condescending and then being wrong, that would be even funnier. How do you explain that he had a 3-year deal ending in 2020, which the Cows would have to honor by taking his contract over from us, but then being released by the Cows with one-year left? If it was possible to do that we would of let Boyd go.

Absolutely, it would be funnier. But I wasn't trying to condescend to you. It makes zero sense to me - he was released by the Broncos.

I confirmed a pretty similar story last night. He has to come back and his contract be honoured.

What do mean 'has' to come back?

Absolutely, it would be funnier. But I wasn't trying to condescend to you. It makes zero sense to me - he was released by the Broncos.

What do mean 'has' to come back?
I do know what you mean, it doesn't make sense. I can only assume that the only way the Cows would take him from us is if they could have that option and we agreed blindly hoping that the Cows would take up the final year. It does make sense from the Cows perspective as they only got Kahu to fill a hole left by Barba and they believe they would get Holmes for next season. The NRL would have had to sign off on this if it is true so maybe there is a form of a loan available in the NRL and it's just not used frequently.

Surely they will just pay him out
Would he be the worst thing to have hanging around in Queensland Cup?

It's not a brilliant option if it came to it, but we're really light on for experienced Centre's outside of Bird and Staggs and we all know how much Bird loves a season ending injury.

Last edited:
Would he be the worst thing to have hanging around in Queensland Cup?

It's not a brilliant option if it came to it, but we're really light on for experienced Centre's outside of Bird and Staggs and we all know how much Bird loves a season ending injury.

He has looked shot at center every time I see him there tbh. I'm not sure he would be happy in qcup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • kwomo
  • jarro65
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.