Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly could work like that, but are other clubs in the NRL going to want to stifle developing their own talent by developing one for a rival club? It's going to be useful I guess for clubs like the Titans who haven't got a great deal of talent coming through the ranks.

Super League just doesn't have the depth of talent we have over here, so I personally feel there is more scope to send players there if they are willing to go.
Depends if you consider it to be stifling your own talent. I'm not just thinking of young guys, I'm thinking along the lines of a situation like ours where we buy two or three journeyman every year who rarely or never see a game just in case we need them (Tagatese, Fensom etc) and theoretically those guys have to sit in ISC all year just in case, when potentially a Titans or a Cronulla might be able to use them for the season or even a window of games and we could be compensated in some way for that, with the player getting NRL game time (which is great for him trying to prove his value at this level) and we can recall that player at some stage if we need them.

Think about us last season, playing Turpin in our Halves because we literally ran out of Halfbacks, whilst guys sat in reserve grade chewing up another teams salary cap that we could have made use of for a window of games?

Obviously there is a mountain of things that would need to be considered and weighed up, but I think the idea definitely warrants some consideration at least.

Would like to see some sort of confirmation of this tbh. As in some sort of link. I can't find anything about it at all.

Would like to see some sort of confirmation of this tbh. As in some sort of link. I can't find anything about it at all.

I did ask and got told, yes as far as I know.

I have no idea of anymore than that. I heard a story and confirmed. I don't know the specifics of the contract or what happened but got told it goes back to his Broncos deal and he is entitled to play for Brisbane again- Wynnum.

Surely spending a season elsewhere voids his contract with us. He signed a new contract, he's not a Bronco anymore. That can't be correct because it's dumb.

Yes, but then john1420 said, but it's the NRL and dumb is the standard

Ding Ding Ding, ring the bell, john1420 wins in a knockout :)

Looks like a Q Cup winger from the Devil's on the wing there, Francis Tualau, Bullemore and Carrigan (skinny legs) maybe Vudogo right down the end.....

There is no way we owe Kahu anything. He moved clubs, played there for a year. We don't need to take him back or pay him. He accepted that deal.

Obviously he has a contract though for 2020 with us. How bizarre!

Last edited:
This whole Kahu thing is so bizarre, how is this possibly a thing? Are you telling me that if for some reason Ben Hunt got released by the Dragons and went to play for 1 season in New Zealand, after which the Warriors decided he was trash and didn't want him anymore, the Dragons would be forced to take him back for the remaining years on his contract..?

Like........... what?

Yeah I'm not buying this. @1910 we're gonna need receipts on this one.

There's literally no way it's true. Also have a contract was due to expire end of 2019 anyway.

This whole Kahu thing is so bizarre, how is this possibly a thing? Are you telling me that if for some reason Ben Hunt got released by the Dragons and went to play for 1 season in New Zealand, after which the Warriors decided he was trash and didn't want him anymore, the Dragons would be forced to take him back for the remaining years on his contract..?

Like........... what?
I agree with you, the only way this makes sense is that our management were stupid enough to agree to a deal where we would have to honor the final year of his contract if the Cows didn't want him. Maybe that was the only way they could get rid of him and thought it was worth the risk and the salary cap space for this year.

He was saying a few days ago on social media that his family was about to move and now he is back in Brisbane getting his surgery. He also was at a cafe and said its good to be back.

Yeah I'm not buying this. @1910 we're gonna need receipts on this one.

Sorry got nothin’ else, asked it was verified and I haven’t heard anything else.

I’ve never heard anything like the situation.

Sorry got nothin’ else, asked it was verified and I haven’t heard anything else.

I’ve never heard anything like the situation.

Assuming it is true, I would be telling the Cowboys to get fucked. If they want Kahu gone, they can pay out the remainder of his deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.