Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has looked shot at center every time I see him there tbh. I'm not sure he would be happy in qcup
Yeah of course our best bet is someone over at Super Rugby takes him off our hands and we don't have to pay him at all. I'm just saying that if we have to pay him out anyway, he would at least add a bit of depth to a position that we barely have any depth in at this point.

He has looked shot at center every time I see him there tbh. I'm not sure he would be happy in qcup
He may not have an option, he was already told at the start of the year by Sebs that he wasn't in our best 17. Supposedly he tried to make the move to the Rugby Union after this season finished but couldn't find anyone that wanted him.

He may not have an option, he was already told at the start of the year by Sebs that he wasn't in our best 17. Supposedly he tried to make the move to the Rugby Union after this season finished but couldn't find anyone that wanted him.
Bloody hell, the way our off season is going, watch the Croft deal get nixed by Bellamy, the Warriors go cold on Nikorima and he's sent back to wear our #7 jersey for Round 1 as well.

I think Broncos management needs to start taking some responsibility for this and the numerous other issues that are happening at the club.

@Smokin' Joe are you close enough to the club to expand on how Kahu's contract ended up with us having to honor the final year?

Just curious, would people consider a loan arrangement to be a good idea within the NRL?

Just curious, would people consider a loan arrangement to be a good idea within the NRL?
There would be no better systematic way to reward clubs that invest in player development / juniors...

There would be no better systematic way to reward clubs that invest in player development / juniors...
There are some risks to that, just like in football, where you may have wealthy clubs simply hoarding up and loaning out all the talent, but with a decent framework in place I think it could have some merit. The NRL is no stranger to over zealously policing things so I'm sure they could create a framework to stop clubs acting against the interests of the broader game.

So many guys sitting on a three year deal behind other players in their position that could get a run of games elsewhere at a club that needs them and relieve salary cap pressure for their owner club and fix a short term roster deficit for their host club. The owner club could front load other deals or even recruit their own loan player to fill another hole.

Last edited:
Is this actually true? Is there confirmation to this?

This is incompetence at it’s finest. Here have our player to help you out of a situation, but if you don’t want him once you have better players just send him back and we will cop the salary cap hit. **** me did White jerk Green off too? This is lunacy.

Last edited:
I can't see how this is possible. Surely, when he signed with the Cowboys they take over the remainder of his contract in its entirety? Or did the club seriously give those ***** a try before you buy kind of deal?

A loan system would be great. Allows fringe first graders to head to other clubs for opportunities until they develop and become starters at their parent club.

It may have teething problems in league where players feel a sense of loyalty, which could result in loanees wanting to stay at the club that has taken them on loan.

For example guys like Tesi, Tanah Boyd, Paix, etc. Could've been loaned out to clubs with that shortfall (titans) giving them an opportunity to play NRL, but allowing us to keep them on the books.

We have so many young guys that we're trying to keep in our top 30 that a lot of the older guys are getting moved on... not saying those older guys haven't already been overtaken, but the turnover has been immense and now we surely have the youngest squad in the comp.

If there was an option to loan the young guys out whilst keeping them on our books until a spot opens up then that benefits the development clubs greatly.

We're at the point where Herbie, Coates, etc. are ready to come in, but Darius and Bird are in the way. In 12 months both Darius and Bird could be gone (hopefully at least 1 !!), but Herbie is sitting in his final 12 months and Coates has extended slightly. It's likely we want to keep both, but Herbie may get itchy feet and want a starting position now or at least security on his expiring contract... we could be down 3 outside backs as of November 1 2020 without many options to secure the young guy that we actually want

Nah no way. You can tell he's full of shit because he's doing his typical old vague crap again. Usually because Twitter messages are too small for any detail to be posted to get his inside scoop.

A release is a release.

I'm not sure sure the loan system would work within the NRL. We kind of loan our players already to ISC clubs. Where it may work is if we loan them to Super League clubs.

Last edited:
I'm not sure sure the loan system would work within the NRL. We kind of loan our players already to ISC clubs. Where it may work is if we loan then to Super League clubs.

I'm not sure the fanbase are too concerned with a loan system between grades. Isn't this a situation of "Hey Broncos, you have young kid X on your books, we have this injury, can we use him for the season in our first grade?"

I'm not sure the fanbase are too concerned with a loan system between grades. Isn't this a situation of "Hey Broncos, you have young kid X on your books, we have this injury, can we use him for the season in our first grade?"

Possibly could work like that, but are other clubs in the NRL going to want to stifle developing their own talent by developing one for a rival club? It's going to be useful I guess for clubs like the Titans who haven't got a great deal of talent coming through the ranks.

Super League just doesn't have the depth of talent we have over here, so I personally feel there is more scope to send players there if they are willing to go.

Nah no way. You can tell he's full of shit because he's doing his typical old vague crap again. Usually because Twitter messages are too small for any detail to be posted to get his inside scoop.

A release is a release.
Who is doing their old crap again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • marw
  • kwomo
  • jarro65
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.