Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milford worst signing? You guys are all butt hurt because everything else has fallen down. Until last year where Haas and Fifita stood up, Milford has been our only fucking hope in this shit show team. Bird, Boyd, Macca all far worse signings.

I'm confident Milford would like excel at any other club. The Broncos are a fucking shit show.
Only piece of sense I've read in this thread for a few pages. You guys enjoy those stomach ulcers when you implode over the milf thing. At 5/8th he's in the top 3 in the NRL. He's had no proper halves partner and had to fill in for broken Boyd at FB with no preseason and damage to his MCL. Croft is no loss. He's not even played one full season of NRL and even then wasn't very special. We are the Broncs. We need a top half. Croft is only 15 or so games ahead of Dearden and we don't even know yet who has the higher ceiling. My feeling is Dearden. But Dearden needs to remain second choice half for another season or so and Broncs need to get a dirty old hard headed general in the 7 to pull their shit into line.

Only piece of sense I've read in this thread for a few pages. You guys enjoy those stomach ulcers when you implode over the milf thing. At 5/8th he's in the top 3 in the NRL. He's had no proper halves partner and had to fill in for broken Boyd at FB with no preseason and damage to his MCL. Croft is no loss. He's not even played one full season of NRL and even then wasn't very special. We are the Broncs. We need a top half. Croft is only 15 or so games ahead of Dearden and we don't even know yet who has the higher ceiling. My feeling is Dearden. But Dearden needs to remain second choice half for another season or so and Broncs need to get a dirty old hard headed general in the 7 to pull their shit into line.

croft has Played two full seasons has 40 games under this belt in one of the best teams in the comp

2020 is looking like it will be no better than our 2019.

Failed recruitment (retention may get a pass if they keep fifita). Overpaid and unwanted players suckling at our salary cap's teat. Promising youngsters that could achieve sooo much more if provided proper direction/support, and a coach who constantly talks about "structures" but was unable to get a team of firstgraders to follow even the simplest of game plans.

I don't think Seibold has the pull to bring anyone worthwhile in at the moment. Who would honestly want to come play for us without being paid overs? So far we've brought in a bloke who gave up on a mormon mission, a bloke who worked in a cafe, a NSW Cup player and someone the Cowboys didn't want. How far have we fallen...

don’t say stuff like this, it’ll hurt peoples feelings

Geez I am impressed with Jackson Hastings. Currently on the telly against the Kiwis and he has not stopped barking orders at his big Pommie forwards since the whistle was blown. Very organised kicking, managing the game superbly so far.

Have our recruiters even spoken to him??? Oh I forgot, why would they, we have Turps don't we.

Last edited:
Geez I am impressed with Jackson Hastings. Currently on the telly against the Kiwis and he has not stopped barking orders at his big Pommie forwards since the whistle was blown. Very organised kicking, managing the game superbly so far.

Have our recruiters even spoken to him??? Oh I forgot, why would they, we have Turps don't we.
He would be worth having a yarn to, but I am thinking if we can't get Croft at 400k, then we won't land Hastings for anything less. His value is only increasing in the SL.
I think we are best trying to offload a few that we already have signed first tbh.

He would be worth having a yarn to, but I am thinking if we can't get Croft at 400k, then we won't land Hastings for anything less. His value is only increasing in the SL.
I think we are best trying to offload a few that we already have signed first tbh.

Yeh I daresay he would be on a pretty decent contract with Wigan next year, so you may be right, he could be priced out of our reach now. He might be willing to forgo a few pommy pounds though to lead a side around in the NRL. Wish it could be us.

Not saying I would be unhappy with Croft though. I just think a halfback needs to have a dominant, somewhat cocky personality. If by some miracle we land Croft, hopefully he fits the bill. Worth the 400k risk without a doubt I say.

Last edited:
Our best bet is moving on Offa. He's on a reported $500k. Surely easy enough to get another club to pay that money for him. Titans or Bulldogs need a better prop. Maybe even Tigers.

That would give us the money for croft and I don't think we lose much at all with Flegler / Carrigan.

Wasn't the Kahu release done on Seibold's watch?
I think so, but we were talking about his failure to bring anyone of particular note to the club. It has become more and more apparent we are in some cap troubles.

Last edited:
I think so, but we were talking about his failure to bring anyone of particular note to the club. It has become more and more apparent we are in some cap troubles.
Seems to be the case. If the people responsible for Kahu's yoyo release are still here in 2020 we'll likely be up against it for a while to come. Should've sacked everyone higher up than the groundskeepers at the end of last year.

It may be true, but Seibs can't be blamed for it. It was a shitshow he rocked up into.
Mate he put his hand up for it and fought for the job. The current side may look like a debacle, but his ineptitude is definitely contributing to it.

Seems to be the case. If the people responsible for Kahu's yoyo release are still here in 2020 we'll likely be up against it for a while to come. Should've sacked everyone higher up than the groundskeepers at the end of last year.

Nah, the groundskeepers can go too. I lost count how many times the Suncorp surface looked like shit last season. It's just not good enough for the Stadiums profile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Rambstien
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lozza
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.