Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...Boyd was the worst fullback in the comp by far this year
Boyd was the most ridiculed player in the comp by far this year. In fact, he could be accused of "bringing the team into disrepute."

Just on the Kahu deal, are we being forced to take him back because things didn't work out at his new club, or was this a special condition written into this specific deal. It's just that I've never heard of this happening before.

Just on the Kahu deal, are we being forced to take him back because things didn't work out at his new club, or was this a special condition written into this specific deal. It's just that I've never heard of this happening before.
In the original statement when he left, Paul White said we would be happy to have him back. So this was obviously always part of the deal.

They said yep, you can go, and if it doesn't work out you can come back to the deal you signed with us. Basically, the club didn't want him and hoped they could get rid of him by letting him go, but the Cowboys only offered him a 1 year deal. The clubw ould have hoped that it would be renewed / upgraded and he would be there.

In the original statement when he left, Paul White said we would be happy to have him back. So this was obviously always part of the deal.

They said yep, you can go, and if it doesn't work out you can come back to the deal you signed with us. Basically, the club didn't want him and hoped they could get rid of him by letting him go, but the Cowboys only offered him a 1 year deal. The clubw ould have hoped that it would be renewed / upgraded and he would be there.
So In your opinion the NRL has no hand in this?

It was a weird clause in his contract according to Chris Garry.

It was a weird clause in his contract according to Chris Garry.
It was a very weird clause because from the outside looking in it would appear Kahu had two contracts with the NRL.

The one he signed with broncs in 2017 for 3 yrs and one he would've signed with cows last year for 12 months

notwithstanding the fact its good to have some backline experience within the group. Hopefully less pressure on Coates and Farnie as they can develop at their own pace to step up should the need arise.

Also a very good goal kicker, something we may need if no new half comes..

Could sneak some money to QLD reds to take some players off our hands.

That’s pretty cool. Essentially it’s Kahu for Croft, **** me dead.

Latrell Mitchell is without a club as of 2021. Direct trade for Bird?

Pretty disappointing that he was ever on $400k a season let alone that we now have to take him back. Seems like a nice guy but has really never been anymore than a back up player in my opinion.

We all have a laugh at the roo$ters cap, but if they want to go after Fifi, they will go in hard.
If they end up not extending Mitchell they will have that $ along with cronks million. Sure they have re signed a few blokes and signed flanno, but they will still have a fair bit of money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.