Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's another interesting one. What does BHQ think of Cody Walker for 900k lol

Just shows how the roosters are all over it.

Manu is clearly the better player, and they’ve locked him down for half what Mitchell was wanting and told Mitchell to beat it

I actually dont think Manu is the better player in terms of ability. He is better because he works harder and turns up every week.

Cook the only one in that spine worth that

If there is any truth at all to this question about former players not wanting to play under him, Walker would surely be a huge test for Seibold. Surely given their past he could secure him for even modest unders to play behind our pack

Cook the only one in that spine worth that

That's debatable.

Cook is a very good hooker, but his performances in the big games when it truly matters have been mixed. I have doubts as to whether he can actually handle the pressure.

Despite improving on his 2018 form in the regular season, his finals form wasn't any better when compared to his form in the finals the previous year, in fact I would argue he probably went down a notch.

More of a reflection of his forward pack and there ability to get him quick ptb imo.
But if anyone in the south's spine was going to get 900k a year it would be him.

Last edited:
man, these contract demands are crazy.

It's the lack of surefire halves currently in the NRL. With the retirement of Cronk, even the top of the tree starts to look real thin when it comes to good, consistent game managing halves with experience.

It's the lack of surefire halves currently in the NRL. With the retirement of Cronk, even the top of the tree starts to look real thin when it comes to good, consistent game managing halves with experience.
That’s true, I wouldn’t however call him a game managing half, Fantastic ball runner though.

I've said for a while that I think Seibold still wants Walker.

I can see the following happening -

Milford --> Tigers
Latrell --> Bunnies
Walker --> Broncos
Croft --> Broncos

Obviously if that were to happen, Tigers would have to take Milford's contract in full, and Walker would have to take somewhere around the $700-800K mark, the alternative is that Bird finds a new home as well.

I've said for a while that I think Seibold still wants Walker.

I can see the following happening -

Milford --> Tigers
Latrell --> Bunnies
Walker --> Broncos
Croft --> Broncos

Obviously if that were to happen, Tigers would have to take Milford's contract in full, and Walker would have to take somewhere around the $700-800K mark, the alternative is that Bird finds a new home as well.

Sadly a setup like that seems like the sort of complicated negotiating that our club has been so foreign to for so long.

Just shows how the roosters are all over it.

Manu is clearly the better player, and they’ve locked him down for half what Mitchell was wanting and told Mitchell to beat it

Absolutely. And this, my friends, is one of the reasons the Roosters have been the premier side for the past few seasons at least. They don't mess about and let their players run roughshod over them.

Roosters: Don't like the offer we've given you.
Player: no I don't, I want a million dollars.
Roosters: Well ok then, you'd better step into my office.
Player: Why?
Roosters: Because you're fucking fired!

Absolutely. And this, my friends, is one of the reasons the Roosters have been the premier side for the past few seasons at least. They don't mess about and let their players run roughshod over them.

I’m envisioning an Ari Goldesque display from Politis

Get..... the.... **** ... OUTTTTT!!! 😂

Last edited:

“Now get me Fifita’s agent”

Latrell Mitchell is without a club as of 2021. Direct trade for Bird?
I'd prefer bird. It's injury not mentalality holding him back and as long as he heals he will be an asset at some stage.
Maybe it's just me, but I think a few strong characters in the back line with an equally strong work ethic will help the team.
It doesn't address the more structural, strategic and technical deficiencies but at least he seems to display the right attitude. Of course I may be completely wrong about that but if I am then we have even bigger problems (signing and persisting with a poor trainer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lurker
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosAlways
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.