Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Just cancelled my courier mail subscription. I also let them know I am a Brisbane Broncos fan and I said there will be many more cancelling if the current standards of journalism continues..

I hope others also do this. Enough is enough. The standard is pathetic...
While you may think this has a direct cause & effect on the said journalists you want to target it will not. These journalists will always have a job, keep in mind they are also paid by FoxSports. All you will be doing is risking the jobs of the other people who make The Courier Mail ready for print, like the editors and graphic designers who are just doing their jobs and being told what content to create.

With the many recent redundancies and job cuts that have happened within Newscorp these are the first people to go, not the journalists you want to target. I implore people this is not the way to get what you want, you are just hurting the ‘little people’ who just want a job like you and me.

While you may think this has a direct cause & effect on the said journalists you want to target it will not. These journalists will always have a job, keep in mind they are also paid by FoxSports. All you will be doing is risking the jobs of the other people who make The Courier Mail ready for print, like the editors and graphic designers who are just doing their jobs and being told what content to create.

With the many recent redundancies and job cuts that have happened within Newscorp these are the first people to go, not the journalists you want to target. I implore people this is not the way to get what you want, you are just hurting the ‘little people’ who just want a job like you and me.
What a ludicrous comment the...So I should keep paying them for an inferior product that I don't like simply because the less known/smaller employees?
Every
Single
Business
Has people that need our help at the moment, out of all the companies I should help news limited is at the very very bottom of that list. News limited has made billions and billions of dollars over the years from Australians and worldwide,if a few months of hardship makes them put a lot of staff on redundancies they have no one to blame but news limited! And are you suggesting as well that people Brisbane times are doing it easy? Or that my local coffee shop doesn't deserve that money?

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane

I don’t get this. So you are saying that they will let go of all the editors and people that publish the content before any of the journos? So they will keep all the ones on the highest salaries that would then have no way to get there made up content to publication? Makes sense why they are going out of business.

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
What a ludicrous comment the...So I should keep paying them for an inferior product that I don't like simply because the less known/smaller employees?
Every
Single
Business
Has people that need our help at the moment, out of all the companies I should help news limited is at the very very bottom of that list. News limited has made billions and billions of dollars over the years from Australians and worldwide,if a few months of hardship makes them put a lot of staff on redundancies they have no one to blame but news limited! And are you suggesting as well that people Brisbane times are doing it easy? Or that my local coffee shop doesn't deserve that money?
Not what I’m saying at all. Just that your intended purpose of sticking it to the journalists is not what will happen. Feel free not to pay for it if you wish, but don’t pretend it is going to send a message to those journalists.

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
I don’t get this. So you are saying that they will let go of all the editors and people that publish the content before any of the journos? So they will keep all the ones on the highest salaries that would then have no way to get there made up content to publication? Makes sense why they are going out of business.
My wife works for The Courier Mail as a graphic artist. This is exactly what is happening. While some journalists have been let go, these journalists that have been referred to will be some of the last to go.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Not what I’m saying at all. Just that your intended purpose of sticking it to the journalists is not what will happen. Feel free not to pay for it if you wish, but don’t pretend it is going to send a message to those journalists.
It’s more the snakes up the chain that will feel it.

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
Was ordinary tonight
- Merged

It’s like when he said the titans would beat the broncos lmao
Given that Chris Garry is the only journo I trust in terms of the Broncos as he seems to get genuine intel from them this is another LMAO at Badel. Monday he reports that Tesi had verbally agreed to terms with the Titans, 3 days later he has signed on to stay and was never interested in the Titans.

I wonder if Mal will ever stop making these bizarre claims publicly? It is like he genuinely believes that if he says it publicly the player will have no choice but do it so not to embarrass him.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Was ordinary tonight
- Merged

It’s like when he said the titans would beat the broncos lmao
Niu was average but it was his first NRL game starting at fullback and still looked more threatening than the million dollar bloke at 6. At least he tried to make things happen and sniffed for offloads. I really liked the glimpses of what he can become. Just need to be patient, just hopefully it almost 200 games patient for something that won’t come.

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
Niu was average but it was his first NRL game starting at fullback and still looked more threatening than the million dollar bloke at 6. At least he tried to make things happen and sniffed for offloads. I really liked the glimpses of what he can become. Just need to be patient, just hopefully it almost 200 games patient for something that won’t come.
It’s hilarious.
I haven’t defended milfs form for a long a time yet that’s what people default too to try and beat me in an argument.

Last edited:

theshed

NRL Captain
Joseph Manu should 100% be on our shortlist of potential future fullback options. The kid has quietly been the best centre in the game for 2 seasons and kills it at fullback.

26 runs
310 metres
100 post contact metres
6 tackle breaks
1 try assist

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Joseph Manu should 100% be on our shortlist of potential future fullback options. The kid has quietly been the best centre in the game for 2 seasons and kills it at fullback.

26 runs
310 metres
100 post contact metres
6 tackle breaks
1 try assist
He just signed till 2022, we're not taking him from the Roosters. Salary cap doesn't work for them, despite winning 2 in a row they lose almost no one they want to lose. The whole idea of a salary cap is winning teams have players with boosted values, get poached by other clubs, and the competition evens out. Can anyone say that it's working?

Last edited:

JAHHW

NRL Player

26 runs
310 metres
100 post contact metres
6 tackle breaks
1 try assist
Don’t forget 1 shoulder charge.

But don’t worry; no penalty, no MRC charge and definitely no suspension.

Gaz

NRL Player
Just cancelled my courier mail subscription. I also let them know I am a Brisbane Broncos fan and I said there will be many more cancelling if the current standards of journalism continues..

I hope others also do this. Enough is enough. The standard is pathetic...
Did it three years ago - cancelled my digital sub. You can sign up on line but have to phone them to cancel so they can make offers to try and convince you to stay. Loved it - gave me the opportunity to give them a real blast and vent my feelings. **** them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.