Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go into next season without any major changes... Seibold won't last the season

Missing out on Croft is a big blow for him to be honest. If we got Croft and still had a shit season, he could have just ran with "well you know we thought we recruited well and that our problems were gonna be magically fixed but uhhhh it didn't work out that way, sorry." and most of the media and the casual Broncos supporters would've bought it.

Now, he's looking at having a not very different side next year. Too many unknowns, too much youth all at once, yet another season with an out of whack halves pairing and a metric **** tonne of salary cap wrapped up in spuds. And now he has to own all of it.

Missing out on Croft is a big blow for him to be honest. If we got Croft and still had a shit season, he could have just ran with "well you know we thought we recruited well and that our problems were gonna be magically fixed but uhhhh it didn't work out that way, sorry." and most of the media and the casual Broncos supporters would've bought it.

The really infuriating thing is though, Croft was there for the taking and because of sheer stupidity and stubbornness from Seibold and Nolan, we managed to **** it up by expecting Melbourne to pay most of his salary. And to make matters worse, the 2 of them are still gallivanting around America on their fact finding mission like a pair of hand-holding imbeciles on their gap year when they should be here trying to sign a number 7.

Last edited:
The really infuriating thing is though, Croft was there for the taking and because of sheer stupidity and stubbornness from Seibold and Nolan, we managed to **** it up by expecting Melbourne to pay most of his salary. And to make matters worse, the 2 of them are still gallivanting around America on their fact finding mission like a pair of hand-holding imbeciles on their gap year when they should be here trying to sign a number 7.

Have any other clubs paid for a departed players salary as much as we have? I don’t even think this kahu thing has ever happened or likely to happen again to anyone else. It’s mind boggling.

Humans ??
Man IS the most dangerous game
Giphy 10

Last edited:
To be more specific, if he doesn't sign a halfback, he won't last the season.

we have a halfback ... although we could use a backup.

besides there are no quality halves on the market right now ... if the rumours are true and Bennett vetoed signing Moses, then he should be slapped for his stupidity

I actually dont think Manu is the better player in terms of ability. He is better because he works harder and turns up every week.

Yeah Mitchell has moments of brilliance manu probably can’t compete with, but manu is a better footy player.

Now, he's looking at having a not very different side next year. Too many unknowns, too much youth all at once, yet another season with an out of whack halves pairing and a metric **** tonne of salary cap wrapped up in spuds. And now he has to own all of it.
Why does he need to own it? he wanted to get rid of Bird but couldn't and no one wants boyd or macca. Still not on him until those turds gone

I've always thought hunting should be legal only
Why does he need to own it? he wanted to get rid of Bird but couldn't and no one wants boyd or macca. Still not on him until those turds gone
Seriously we need a halfback or more realistically halfbacks. Dearden is a good young prospect but an older head would be better to run the team. As well, we need a backup half who can fill in.
A lower grade player who can fill and even put pressure on the starters but even a qld cup quality half would be prefferable to a makeshift one that can't kick.
I'll even take a lousy defender that makes ash Taylor look good if he can kick and work a set play. He does need to break the line at will or even pose a significant threat. He just needs to get the ball consistent to the right places, either with kicking and passing and have the wisdom to know when.
Out of the various qld cup, nsw metropolitan and super league halves there must be one!

How do you know that request came from Seibold, and not one or more of the 3-4 peppke respiinsible for recruiting? Answer - you don't. But just keep making shit up.

Can you explain to me how Seibold can move players on, who have contracts and do not want to move, without any impact on the salary cap? He owns none of this salary cap mess in my view.

Croft is just not the guy we should be looking at to fix us, he just isn't very good. I'm happy to head into the season with Dearden and let him develop his game and combination with Milford behind our forward pack.

How do you know that request came from Seibold, and not one or more of the 3-4 peppke respiinsible for recruiting? Answer - you don't. But just keep making shit up.

He is the head coach and according to reports after the end of season review, was given full control over decisions regarding the team

I'm pretty sure if Seibold said, "i want Croft signed, make it happen", it could have been done. He is too laize faire when it comes to making the big decisions and doesn't appear to realise his arse is on the line here. Another fucked season and he will be out the door. All the fact finding missions in the world won't save him -despite how clever he thinks he is.

He is the head coach and according to reports after the end of season review, was given full control over decisions regarding the team

I'm pretty sure if Seibold said, "i want Croft signed, make it happen", it could have been done. He is too laize faire when it comes to making the big decisions and doesn't appear to realise his arse is on the line here. Another fucked season and he will be out the door. All the fact finding missions in the world won't save him -despite how clever he thinks he is.
Can you provide rthe evidence that he was given full control of all decisions regarding the team, including sole control of managing the salary cap. More hyperbole, you are full of shit.

Can you provide rthe evidence that he was given full control of all decisions regarding the team, including sole control of managing the salary cap. More hyperbole, you are full of shit.

Calm down mate, as I said in my previous post, judging by media reports he was given control by the board to make the changes he thought necessary. I am only going by that, so yeah, it could very well be inaccurate and the media/myself may be full of shit.

Look, I am not trying to get into another Seibold v Bennett debate. Truth be told, I don't like either of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.