Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if the organization didn't require him to resign from 360. It would certainly constrain him, he could never comment on anything, even unrelated matters. It'd be ...untenable!!
Would think there not going to shit talk about there mate much like if Walters got the head coach gig

I don't watch the show but is Ikin a Seibold fan?

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Lockyer if Ikin gets the CEO gig ?

If Storm are smart, they won't get into a fight for Cam Smith if we enter the race.

They need to be very mindful of the situation they are in. If they keep Smith, they lose either of Brandon Smith or Harry Grant. One of them will be playing reserve grade next season if Smith stays and I don’t see either of them being happy with that when there are plenty of other clubs out there that will want them.

Allowing Smith to go is their best chance of keeping them.

If Storm are smart, they won't get into a fight for Cam Smith if we enter the race.

They need to be very mindful of the situation they are in. If they keep Smith, they lose either of Brandon Smith or Harry Grant. One of them will be playing reserve grade next season if Smith stays and I don’t see either of them being happy with that when there are plenty of other clubs out there that will want them.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them go:

7) C Smith - he already plays like a 7 anyway
9) Grant
13) B Smith

Allows all 3 in the team with Grant taking the reigns at Hooker. From what I understand, B Smith fancies himself as a 9 and I’d reckon he’d be the one who could be tempted to look elsewhere.

He’s the only off-contract player this off-season I would genuinely want to take a serious run at.

I think if Ikin were to come in as CEO then he would go some way to reinstating relationships and development pathways with the QRL teams... given he's been on the QRL board.

I'm not sure what's been going on with Brisbane, but it seems like we are cutting ties with the local QRL teams.
- Redcliffe... I think this was Bennett when they weren't playing our players where we wanted them or he had a falling out with Mogg?? (I'm sure Wolfie will correct me)
- Ipswich... falling out with the jets, trying underhanded tactics to sign Sam Walker
- Easts severing ties in preparation for a Brisbane 2 bid
- Souths Logan were lost for awhile when Canberra were able to come in
- Norths has been reinstated after they were with Storm for years

I don't know a lot about the politics in the QRL, but it doesn't look like the broncos have a whole lot of prestige about them anymore

Last edited:
Ikin doesn't like seibold
He's said we need to spend money on spine players.

I think he's bit of a dick but everything he's said about the club when I do watch is spot on.

I couldn't care less about the business side, I want a CEO who knows footy.

damn. the hits keep coming.

p.s. have you got a head injury or something ... because that's the only reason i can think of, why someone would watch that drivel

I'm sorry mate but I am actually behind the idea, I think he will do a good job.

Allowing Smith to go is their best chance of keeping them.
This is why I really like the move from our perspective. Of course it will play out in the media like we lost out and we are the losers and we have lost our aura, but in reality it is a win-win for us.

We don't get him it pushes his price up and grant and b Smith will probably become a slightly, very slightly, bigger chance of becoming getable by us. If we get him, well, we have an on field coach and our young guys get to learn and grow from the best.

It will be interesting if we got him though about his ability to manipulate the refs, my guess is the refs will finally crack down on him and the media will put pressure on the NRL to stop him manipulating the refs, what a coincidence it'd be of course....

For the record... We won't get him... and storm will keep all 3, NRL will probably help them, they like helping the poor and unfortunate clubs

Last edited:
Wouldn’t surprise me to see them go:

7) C Smith - he already plays like a 7 anyway
9) Grant
13) B Smith

Allows all 3 in the team with Grant taking the reigns at Hooker. From what I understand, B Smith fancies himself as a 9 and I’d reckon he’d be the one who could be tempted to look elsewhere.

He’s the only off-contract player this off-season I would genuinely want to take a serious run at.

It's likely going to be Smith's last season, he will want a premiership and their best chance of winning one is Smith at 9. He's not a halfback. Playing there for short stints is very different to playing there full time. It will weaken the side, especially when you don't have Brandon Smith providing that energy and impact off the bench.

What did he say?

It is more what he didn't say and I am paraphrasing liberally:

Ikin: Would Smith help turn around the Broncos?

Kent: Well...wait that's your job isn't it?

Ikin: (Pause and sheepish smirk) Well, help me out then.

Others: Well it would go a long way to turning around most of the problems.

I feel like if Ikin was actually an option he wouldn't even be joking about stuff like that tbh. He'd also probably have a word to Kent and co. off-air to not bring it up if it were real.

Kent would probably also have the shits about it if it were real, because that's his job at Fox in the can, there's no 360 without Ikin.

Ikin doesn't like seibold
He's said we need to spend money on spine players.

I think he's bit of a dick but everything he's said about the club when I do watch is spot on.

I couldn't care less about the business side, I want a CEO who knows footy.

Yeah exactly this. This is why I have come around to Ikin being the CEO. As everyone knows I was dead against it but everything he has said on 360 has been exactly what we need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.