Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that would stop Mal and Tallis, they aren't making sensible decisions they are just trying to bring the Broncos done. I don't think they are interested in premierships and if they ran 15th but we were 16th they would consider it job done.

Halfwits and big ego's are a dangerous combination.

Right then, how do we go about making them take Milford off our hands? We need to start making a big deal about how much he means to us and how desperately we want to extend him for life. Even if it makes us vomit a little in our mouths.

Both are hard to get a form line, due to injury and not playing ISC or in Riki's case playing inconsistent ISC- he's played 17 games now since 2018.

What I will say about Riki is when he has been moved back to BRL for Valleys he always takes it well and goes back and is aggressive, that's his best asset.

Piakura's defence is outstanding and one of the best defence efforts last year in the U18 Origin- he was outstanding against much bigger guys, but he needs to play some ISC that would have been good this year- he's only contracted until end of 21. He certainly works hard and Richards will be vital in keeping him. He was great in emerging camp this year and shame he doesn't get to build on that again.

At the moment he is keeping a low profile but if he plays ISC next year and is off contract they will notice him pretty quickly.
Thanks for your valuable insight. Can I ask - Are you making recommendations to the Broncos to get Piakura's contract upgraded or at least extended?

I don't think that would stop Mal and Tallis, they aren't making sensible decisions they are just trying to bring the Broncos done. I don't think they are interested in premierships and if they ran 15th but we were 16th they would consider it job done.

Piakura is the exact signing they should be making- Coast kid and young (Not born there)- he was at Tweed and part of their champion team. They should have made it two years ago.

Last edited:
Tallis has also named Coates as a previous ‘Coast boy’ so Badel there is your new headline.

If Smith plays on in Melbourne, is there anything stopping the Storm just loaning Grant out for another season?
I hope not that would be shit.. they should have to make a tough choice like others do and lose someone... not have them being kept warm by another club until they are ready to bring them back for their own benefit.

Right then, how do we go about making them take Milford off our hands? We need to start making a big deal about how much he means to us and how desperately we want to extend him for life. Even if it makes us vomit a little in our mouths.

100%. We would be lost without Milford, if he were to leave the club may never recover. Have tabled a 10 year 1.5 million a year offer to him be are resigned to the fact that if the Titans were to approach we would lose out given David Fifita's aura.

Has anyone got highlights of this piakura kid

Piakura is the exact signing they should be making- Coast kid and young (Not born there)- he was at Tweed and part of their champion team. They should have made it two years ago.
He looks to be left sided player as well... the Broncos should absolutely be locking him down with a vision to him taking Glenn's spot in 2022.

Lock him down on a modest contract to 2023 and upgrade him after his first year of starting in 2022.

Our back row stocks are non existent right now... if Brandon wants to be playing first grade he is basically guaranteed to get a spot at Brisbane

He looks to be left sided player as well... the Broncos should absolutely be locking him down with a vision to him taking Glenn's spot in 2022.

Lock him down on a modest contract to 2023 and upgrade him after his first year of starting in 2022.

Our back row stocks are non existent right now... if Brandon wants to be playing first grade he is basically guaranteed to get a spot at Brisbane

Yep he's on the left, he had two really good touches for Queensland last season, first try from Simpkins he makes a run at the line on the left and New South Wales takes four guys to stop him then they bunch up and can't realign so Simpkins just dives over and the second was Pereira's try on the left, great cut out ball from Sam Walker and Piakura throws a great pass again for his winger- smart and good combination with Sam.

100%. We would be lost without Milford, if he were to leave the club may never recover. Have tabled a 10 year 1.5 million a year offer to him be are resigned to the fact that if the Titans were to approach we would lose out given David Fifita's aura.

Is it possible they wanted Fifita more for the fact that he's a good player than to bring down the Broncos?

Of course it might be a case of killing two birds with one stone but simply arguing Mal and Gordy want to destroy our club by signing one of the best young players in the comp is a stretch imo.

The Titans have been going after our juniors for years. In fact, nearly every other club has. Paying stupid overs for a talented rep player doesn't lead to some kind of conspiracy.

edit: I've quoted your wrong post. This has nothing to do with Milf and is more reference to your comment on the previous page, apologies.

Last edited:

Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes;
"There is no worse combination than confidence and ignorance"

lot of love on here for Brandon Smith

Can i play devils advocate; is he just another player who thrives in the Storm system, but wouldnt necessarily in another

Note; we dont actually play Rugby league here at the Broncos, not sure what we play but i digress...

Any thoughts...?

Can i play devils advocate; is he just another player who thrives in the Storm system, but wouldnt necessarily in another

Note; we dont actually play Rugby league here at the Broncos, not sure what we play but i digress...

Any thoughts...?
You may be right in terms of taking him out of the Storm system and his quality diminishes but the guy is a bulldog and is ultra competitive. Seems to want the ball when his side is on the back foot or needs a special play.

I think he is worth the risk in chasing as we need some toughness and competitiveness in our team.

Any thoughts...?
No way, he makes the Storm a better team, not the other way around. He is a heck of a player, fights for every inch and he looked awesome playing for NZ when he barely gets to play the position.

Would gladly pry him away.

Yep he's on the left, he had two really good touches for Queensland last season, first try from Simpkins he makes a run at the line on the left and New South Wales takes four guys to stop him then they bunch up and can't realign so Simpkins just dives over and the second was Pereira's try on the left, great cut out ball from Sam Walker and Piakura throws a great pass again for his winger- smart and good combination with Sam.

Looks like he'll got to the Roosters to pick up that combo again, of course on a contract where he pays them to play.

Any thoughts...?

He was great at the Cowboys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • azza.79
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.