Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports circling that Brandon Smith will exit Melbourne IF Cam Smith plays for the Storm in 2021.
Surely we go hard for either Cam or Brendon if there is truth to the rumour.
I think by the end of 2021 storm will only have one of CS9, Grant and BSmith.

If CS9 retires then Grant takes the 9 and BSmith moves... because he wants to play hooker and won't want to sit behind a guy who is younger than him

If CS9 plays on and retires end of 2021 then Grant either stays (taking the position in 2022) or goes ... if Grant stays BSmith moves on same as above. If Grant moves on then BSmith stays to take the spot in 2022.

I think Storm's preference is Grant so more than likely I can see BSmith not being at the storm next year... however I can see the Broncos chasing the carrot in either Grant or CS9 whilst BSmith gets picked up by dogs, titans, etc. and Broncos end up with none of them as Grant plays the role of new CS9 by using us to bump his price

Last edited:
Grant decides to stay because Smith is close to retiring (surely now).

Fast forward 5 years and Smith is still playing and in the top 5 players in the game.

We should grab Ryan James on the cheap
I think there is serious back room dealings going on here. Fifita signed his contract and literally the next day Boyd and Cartwright were rumoured to be gone.

It looks like the cash freed up from those two allowed them to sign Fifita.... to me there is zero ability for the titans to receive any of the cap space back from Boyd or Cartwright unless:
- Boyd is somehow able to medically retire for being fat and unfit OR he has decided to walk away from about +$1.2m dollars (2 years left on his current big money deal
- Cartwright's hugely inflated deal has been picked up in its entirety by another club apparently more stupid than the titans (unlikely since he's heading back to Shitney with no plans on his footballing future, but let's not go into the "legalities " of it all) OR Bryce has decided to walk away from anywhere between $600-$800k because he's clearly set for life as an anti-vax insta influencer.
- OR titans had about $2m cap spare this year to arrange payouts of both contracts... seems very unlikely and there's also a requirement for clubs to spend a certain percentage of their cap

I'm wondering if backdoor deals have been done with the NRL to allow these garbage contracts to get off the books and allow them to sign Fifita on another hugely inflated deal

Last edited:
I think there is serious back room dealings going on here. Fifita signed his contract and literally the next day Boyd and Cartwright were rumoured to be gone.

It looks like the cash freed up from those two allowed them to sign Fifita.... to me there is zero ability for the titans to receive any of the cap space back from Boyd or Cartwright unless:
- Boyd is somehow able to medically retire for being fat and unfit OR he has decided to walk away from about +$1.2m dollars (2 years left on his current big money deal
- Cartwright's hugely inflated deal has been picked up in its entirety by another club apparently more stupid than the titans (unlikely since he's heading back to Shitney with no plans on his footballing future, but let's not go into the "legalities " of it all) OR Bryce has decided to walk away from anywhere between $600-$800k because he's clearly set for life as an anti-vax insta influencer.

I'm wondering if backdoor deals have been done with the NRL to allow these garbage contracts to get off the books and allow them to sign Fifita on another hugely inflated deal
Wouldn’t put it past V’landys

- OR titans had about $2m cap spare this year to arrange payouts of both contracts... seems very unlikely and there's also a requirement for clubs to spend a certain percentage of their cap

Surely not. Surely the broncos wouldn’t bend over and let the NRL do that to them without calling it out.

Thought this was a Broncos thread?

Shannon Boyd apparently has a lot of problems. I havent seen him recently, but a client of ours came across him in Robina and couldnt believe the size of him and how difficult he was finding it to walk. Said he looked like a bloke 30 years older than he is.

I'm guessing this is Ash Taylor. I hope we're not chasing him.

Screenshot 2020 08 01 Saint Sinner Shoosh Mals message to Smith on NRL future

Not sure why Taylor would be asked to play Fullback when Brimson returned this week lol. Surely not.
Dunno, but "highly paid" suggests Taylor to me. Maybe they wanted Tanah Boyd in the halves.

Screenshot 2020 08 01 Ashley Taylor Zero Tackle

[automerge]1596273069[/automerge]
Boyd was training at fullback on Monday, and Miford was in doubt. Unless Pies changed his mind when Milford came good again. It's possible too.
[automerge]1596273175[/automerge]
Where did brimson play today?
FB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncoFan94
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gympie devil
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.