Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that Tamou is probably wanting what was set aside for Fifita. Is this effectively another Civo for Clinton style scenario?

The problem is that Tamou is probably wanting what was set aside for Fifita. Is this effectively another Civo for Clinton style scenario?
If he's not wanted in Sydney...well why would we? I don't mind a mercenary but I agree he's about 4-5 years too ripe.

Sounds like Tamou is open to leaving Sydney because the Panthers can't offer him the contract he wants.

GET ON THE PHONE SEIBS!
Can you imagine getting a phone call from pies trying to recruit you? You’d just laugh in his face (assuming FaceTime) and hang up.

If he's not wanted in Sydney...well why would we? I don't mind a mercenary but I agree he's about 4-5 years too ripe.
He's not even really the right position for us. Sure, we have a lot of guys out of form, but at full strength and playing well our middle rotation is actually quite solid.

What we lack now is any sort of depth in our Edges and outside of Staggs our backline offers very little to worry opposition teams, and is complete shambles in defence.

Outside of an elite Fullback and/or Dummy Half those are the two areas I'd be lashing out on some talent for long before I saw us buy another expensive middle Forward.

I'm not a Tamou fan at all to be honest. The guy has always been a mercenary, even down to betraying his Kiwi heritage to get a Kangaroos/Blues jersey just because he wanted to get the match bonuses.

He'd be overly expensive and at 31 has likely already played his best football. Hard pass from me.
This. Dont like the guy, always been a massive prick and a grub.
He is Moose from NSW, nothing more.

If you want experience, you gotta pay for it. Those days where you can pick up a player that's played SOO and International for a bargain price very rarely come around, if we wait for one of those moments, we'll be waiting a very long time.

25-28 year olds do not offer what we need. We need an old head, a hard nut that leads by example and at 31 Tamou is still doing that. What he offers would be very valuable to this team. An old head our young guys can really learn from.

We only need a couple of years out of him until more options become available. But we need someone now. Not further down the track.

As for Tamou being a mercenary.. Who really cares? We need someone that puts in. Who cares if they aren't a nice person?

If you want experience, you gotta pay for it. Those days where you can pick up a player that's played SOO and International for a bargain price very rarely come around, if we wait for one of those moments, we'll be waiting a very long time.

25-28 year olds do not offer what we need. We need an old head, a hard nut that leads by example and at 31 Tamou is still doing that. What he offers would be very valuable to this team. An old head our young guys can really learn from.

We only need a couple of years out of him until more options become available. But we need someone now. Not further down the track.

As for Tamou being a mercenary.. Who really cares? We need someone that puts in. Who cares if they aren't a nice person?
We wouldn't be getting him at 31 though, we'd be getting him at 32. How many guys are getting better between 32 and say 34, or even staying at the same level during that time?

It's such a low percentage play, in an on field position we hardly need any more coverage in, and it's likely to cost quite a bit to pull it all off. It's just so unlikely to come off well for us.

I'm not arguing an older head would be a bad thing, but they'd want to be better quality than Tamou, or at least play a position we actually have some need for more depth in.

This is the Broncos....

We are "supposed" to be THE glamour club....the fucking best....a Ferrari, Lambogehni...

I wnat this club to chase the magic players of this comp...

Milford was that...he added magic to our team...

Now he doesnt....remidn me again what we did when Wally Lewis lost his magic...

Oh yeh.....WE FUCKED HIM OFF..!

Same should happen to Milf. Instead....the club has been poorly managed by people who actually dont understand WHAT THIS CLUB IS

Lets be bold here....lets NOT do what most average lcubs do, lets get back to our roots.

We have been overtaken by the Storm and, even better example, the Roosters...

Ive never understood the scrutiny they get when it coems to attracting and keeping the ebst players in the comp...."oh, they are cheating the cap, they have Politis dipping into his own pockets..."

BULLSHIT......Dont look at who they buy....look instead in how they move on guys they no longer want...thats how they make the room they need, and rarely do they get it wrong. Most players they have let go they dont regret not having later ill tell you..

I get it, why people want more 'experience" in this team (heres a fact, we ARENT that young a roster...). We produce most of what we need, but being labelled Baby Broncs or youngest in the comp by OUR OWN MANAGMEENT no less.....thats a cop-out pure and simple...

23.4 years old; thats the average age of the team smashed 59-nil by the Roosters this year...

23.9 years old; the average age of the 1992 Grand Final winning squad

I want you all to STOP listening to the verbal shit being spewed from our management

It is fucking garbage, it is beneath this club to do it...

This is the Broncos....

We are "supposed" to be THE glamour club....the fucking best....a Ferrari, Lambogehni...

I wnat this club to chase the magic players of this comp...

Milford was that...he added magic to our team...

Now he doesnt....remidn me again what we did when Wally Lewis lost his magic...

Oh yeh.....WE FUCKED HIM OFF..!

Same should happen to Milf. Instead....the club has been poorly managed by people who actually dont understand WHAT THIS CLUB IS

Lets be bold here....lets NOT do what most average lcubs do, lets get back to our roots.

We have been overtaken by the Storm and, even better example, the Roosters...

Ive never understood the scrutiny they get when it coems to attracting and keeping the ebst players in the comp...."oh, they are cheating the cap, they have Politis dipping into his own pockets..."

BULLSHIT......Dont look at who they buy....look instead in how they move on guys they no longer want...thats how they make the room they need, and rarely do they get it wrong. Most players they have let go they dont regret not having later ill tell you..

I get it, why people want more 'experience" in this team (heres a fact, we ARENT that young a roster...). We produce most of what we need, but being labelled Baby Broncs or youngest in the comp by OUR OWN MANAGMEENT no less.....thats a cop-out pure and simple...

23.4 years old; thats the average age of the team smashed 59-nil by the Roosters this year...

23.9 years old; the average age of the 1992 Grand Final winning squad

I want you all to STOP listening to the verbal shit being spewed from our management

It is fucking garbage, it is beneath this club to do it...
But what’s the average age of every other team? What’s the average age of the roosters team that flogged us?

Did we average 23.4 during that game or did we have experienced players out? Do we take into account that we bought in guys well past their primes mid season that skews the reality of our teams average age?

We need to return to a culture of excellence here...

You could argue maybe our feeder clubs need restructuring, maybe have a Tier 1, 2 & 3 arrangement. NRL Economist mentioned this and i gave it short shrift but...maybe its something to look at...

I want us to look at a RTS, a Grant, a Cleary or Moses.......the magic players.....and GO HARD AT THEM...

At the very least, put the comp on notice that thigns are changing here for the better, that excellence is once again being sort and nothing less accepted...

But it starts with culture; look, that might mean we need to embed some guys who are "not" those star-dust types to begin with. Im really keen for TPJ to move to the front row, Haas, Lodge & Pangai makes for a very potent looking middle

If that means we are now light on the edge, id be happy to see Aiden Guerra come in for 1-2 years. Mr 70% each and every game. Start setting examples to the younger guys here.

Plus, hed easily fit our cap...and whats more we can RELY on him...

I care if they are a decent person. I think a big part of the problem at the club is that our older players are setting a shit example for our younger players.
Tamou would deadset set a bad example for the younger players.
We want to improve the culture at the Broncos, not degrade it further.

But what’s the average age of every other team? What’s the average age of the roosters team that flogged us?

Did we average 23.4 during that game or did we have experienced players out? Do we take into account that we bought in guys well past their primes mid season that skews the reality of our teams average age?

Nah...its a cop out, why..?...because our own management came out with it...

Would Morgan have said that....would Cullen....??

**** off......

No way......Milf would have been hung and quartered in Queen Street Mall....

Excellence starts at the top, but no....garbage in-garbage out....

I think Pearce and Green halves pairing isn’t the right fit. Not to mention if they somehow keep Macca there too. Jesus what a boringly reliable 7/10 those 3 would give you each week.

I wonder what this will mean for our little mate Macca?
Green has only signed with Newcastle for the rest of the 2020 season.
Macca will be back on deck next year and hopefully the Knights keep him on their books.

Last edited:

I humbly disagree; Tamou is a signing the West Tigers make...not us...

Why; because as recent history shows, they love to bring in these experienced guys at the expense of a Mitch Moses, Ryan Paps, James Tedesco...

So now its systemic, they have no-one now coming through so needed to return to the market to grab experienced guys etc....

Yes, the club could use some experienced guys; i contend though its not many, and only in certain positions. Everything else we arguably have.

And no more Croft like signings......seriously, we dont NEED a guy like him as a half back...

Moses, Cleary...sure.....Croft...um less sure about that...

We wouldn't be getting him at 31 though, we'd be getting him at 32. How many guys are getting better between 32 and say 34, or even staying at the same level during that time?

It's such a low percentage play, in an on field position we hardly need any more coverage in, and it's likely to cost quite a bit to pull it all off. It's just so unlikely to come off well for us.

I'm not arguing an older head would be a bad thing, but they'd want to be better quality than Tamou, or at least play a position we actually have some need for more depth in.

We have plenty of props, but they are all young props still at the start of their career and still learning the game, even Lodge who has only played 64 games. This is one of our problems. We don't have a leader. They need leadership, they need an old head to learn from.

The chances of Tamou declining to a point where he would be detrimental to the side are quite slim. He's a type of player that has a great work ethic, always puts in the hard work and leads be example. That's what we need. He's still in good form, he's still in the top 10 props of the game, he'd be a great addition to the side. Bromwich, as well.

Out of the options available. Tamou and Bromwich are the best choices.

Like I said, we need someone now. We can't wait around a couple of years until a better option becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Financeguy
  • mrslong
  • Alec
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RolledOates
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • jarro65
  • Jazza
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.