Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still lives in Brisbane too

Yeah have heard a couple of whispers Joe from acquaintances at the uni he attends. The bloke is so switched on, currently doing his Law Honours. I wouldn't be against him coming back to partner Kotoni in the centres. Got a great work ethic, is a cleanskin off the field and we need players like him to rub off on some of the others in the team who could do with attitude adjustments.

Last edited:
We already have Proctor. His name is Alex Glenn.

The optics involved in taking on a Titans discard like Procter because he isnt good enough to make THEIR pack.....is fucking atrocious...

NO THANK YOU...

If he is prepared to make the move with his family im sticking to my guns and saying the club should sound out Guerra with a 2 year deal.

2nd rower with experience, great work ethic and the right attitude to add to the mix for our younger brigade to learn from

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing and it is extremely hard to argue Su’A leaving wasn’t the best thing for him. This was the biggest problem to me with Seibold, he wasn’t helping players improve, he was hindering development.

Sure he seemed to speak a good game with them but he didn’t seem to be getting through. In any case, Fifita is gone now and TPJ too most likely so I’d love to get Su’A back.
Hindsight is 20/20. Just ask Gus Gould. But one of Brisbane's major issues (which has been well discussed here) is that we tried to retain all our talent and we ended up paying overs. Su'a is good, that was understood when he was promoted to first grade. Same class as Ponga and one of that magical schoolboy rugby team, but he didn't perform to the same level as Fifita when he got his chances and he wanted more than we could offer him at the time. Sometimes players come good later, sometimes they are a revelation on debut. The timing was just wrong for Su'a at the Broncos.

Yeah have heard a couple of whispers Joe from acquaintances at the uni he attends. The bloke is so switched on, currently doing his Law Honours. I wouldn't be against him coming back to partner Kotoni in the centres. Got a great work ethic, is a cleanskin off the field and we need players like him to rub off on some of the others in the team who could do with attitude adjustments.
I think he's actually a left sided player as well.

I dont think fans were against him, he just got injured all the time and eventually was allowed to leave.

At the titans his defence became a massive question mark... so if he comes back that would be one area that needs fixing.

Not the worst signing we could make... although I'm not keen on picking up all these Titans rejects. If they come on modest contracts then yes, but if they want a premium after not being able to make it at the titans then keep walking.

so does Kahu......

They are both 29, but if we don't intend keeping Kahu around next year, we will need to replace him. I daresay Copley would come cheaper than Kahu and I think Dale has a bit more upside as well. Like I say, not a priority signing by any means, but at the right price, would offer a solid back-up option at worst.

Last edited:
They are both 29, but if we don't intend keeping Kahu around next year, we will need to replace him. I daresay Copley would come cheaper than Kahu and I think Dale has a bit more upside as well. Like I say, not a priority signing, but at the right price, would offer a solid back-up option at worst.

so re-sign Kahu....bang, a decent back up centre.....dont need to waste precious time and resources chasing soemone else, plus hes a excellent goal kicker too...

Again, the optics of chasing the Titans trash...seriously has to fucking stop...

I’d love to get Su’A back, idiot coach was so stupid letting him go.
This is such a low tier post. He was released at a time when we were flush with second rowers, struggling for cap space and his form was ordinary. You can blame Seibold for just about anything you want honestly but letting Su'A go is what you decide to focus on? I'm more disappointed that we lost Arrow and Taylor but can also understand why/how that happened but yeah, idiot coaches right...

For all his faults, Copley was one of my favourites in his time here. For some reason I have a memory stuck in my head of him steamrolling through a Panthers player, knocking him out cold in a rampaging little run down the sideline. I thought he was rounding into something quite good for us (especially after earning the nickname Fail Dropley from someone on here at some point lol) and I hoped he'd kick on. Haven't followed him at the Titans so not sure how he's been going tbh.

yeah it would ...

because as soon as you told Bennett, you weren't giving him his extra year (2020) and then appointing JD, he would have forced your hand by doing the things he did, trying to get fired
Like reaffirming many times that he intended to see out his last year of his contract?

This is such a low tier post. He was released at a time when we were flush with second rowers, struggling for cap space and his form was ordinary. You can blame Seibold for just about anything you want honestly but letting Su'A go is what you decide to focus on? I'm more disappointed that we lost Arrow and Taylor but can also understand why/how that happened but yeah, idiot coaches right...
The thing is when Pies took over, we had TPJ, Fifita and Sua... now were likely to have none of them.

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing and it is extremely hard to argue Su’A leaving wasn’t the best thing for him. This was the biggest problem to me with Seibold, he wasn’t helping players improve, he was hindering development.

Sure he seemed to speak a good game with them but he didn’t seem to be getting through. In any case, Fifita is gone now and TPJ too most likely so I’d love to get Su’A back.
oh whoops did not see this.

The thing is when Pies took over, we had TPJ, Fifita and Sua... now were likely to have none of them.
Again, who gives a shit. How is TPJ Seibold's fault? How is retroactively viewing Su'A's form now suddenly a topic of discussion? Imagine if former dumbshit coaches hadn't released Gagai and Arrow? This is low-tier bullshit even from your standards.

Su'a is not terribly realistic because Ethan Lowe now looks like potentially being forced into retirement, so Su'a stocks at Souths have likely gone up if anything and I don't see them letting him go.

Again, who gives a shit. How is TPJ Seibold's fault? How is retroactively viewing Su'A's form now suddenly a topic of discussion? Imagine if former dumbshit coaches hadn't released Gagai and Arrow? This is low-tier bullshit even from your standards.
whoa whoa whoa mate calm down.

How isn't TPJ pies fault? If we werent an absolute basket case our players wouldn't be acting out. And Sua always had wraps on him, it's hardly surprising he's doing well now.

whoa whoa whoa mate calm down.

How isn't TPJ pies fault? If we werent an absolute basket case our players wouldn't be acting out. And Sua always had wraps on him, it's hardly surprising he's doing well now.
TPJ's on field behaviour was a considerable problem long before Seibold came along.

I wasn’t a fan of Sua in the past thought he was average, going ok at Souths now and puts on a good hit now and again, Would like him back. If he did come back would enjoy him putting a hit on Fifita during a game where we flogged the titans to remind him of his poor choices, wishful thinking.

Corey Allan went alright last night and he’s stuck behind latrell perhaps worth a look until someone like Walsh comes of age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • maddo
  • jarro65
  • kiwibronco
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.