Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight is wonderful but they got in to a bidding war with the Knights over Matt Scott, who, let’s be fair, was still near his best at the time. Fast forward to now and he’s hardly been on the park and when he has, he’s looked every part the slow old man. They could have retained Kikau instead.

While I agree with the overall sentiment of your post, this isn’t true.

Kikau signed with Penrith halfway through 2015 during his final year of U20s. Scott re-signed in April 2017. The two have nothing to do with each other.

https://www.zerotackle.com/reports-...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NRL+Gossip

Brisbane winger Corey Oates has reportedly been touted as a potential signing for the Canterbury Bulldogs, but not as a wing replacement for the departing Brett Morris.
Oates has long made clear his wish to become a forward, and Fairfax Media understand the Dogs are keen to bring him to the kennel to play him in the back row.
Fairfax are also reporting North Queensland are interested in the Origin winger.
With Brisbane’s back row prospects some of the best Wayne Bennett has ever seen according to the legendary coach himself, Oates’ chances of cracking into the forward pack seem limited in Red Hill.
The Bulldogs have sounded out Oates and his management, although it is believed the 23-year-old won’t make a decision on his future until at least August, with the winger set to part ways with his current management.
With the Dogs moving on Aaron Woods, Moses Mbye and Josh and Brett Morris over the past month, the club now have salary cap room for the future, and are certainly interested in Oates.
However, as it stands the Cowboys are seen as leading the race for Oates, although the Bulldogs certainly won’t die wondering.

Dogs need a new winger too, with the Morris boys moving on...

Cowboys are in the market for a winger with Winterstein retiring and Linnett and Bowen being moved on...

See what’s happening here Corey?

Speak to JHoffdog about promises clubs make about what position they want you for...

Dogs need a new winger too, with the Morris boys moving on...

Cowboys are in the market for a winger with Winterstein retiring and Linnett and Bowen being moved on...

See what’s happening here Corey?

Speak to JHoffdog about promises clubs make about what position they want you for...

Yeah the harsh reality for Oates it’s that even if a team promises him a 2nd row spot, if he goes there and struggles no team will hesitate to move a world class winger back to the wing.

The only difference I guess is that he will at least get a shot which he likely won’t have at the broncos.

Cowboys stuffed up big time holding onto too many, i dont think we are in that boat. We will probably lose Tagatese on top of Sammy and Sims, thats a fair bit of experience. I think we are balancing it pretty well at the moment, but i do think 1910 is spot on. We cant afford to lose too many as young blokes tend to have a lot of dips in form.

I can see a stronger argument for Kahu moving on rather than Glenn. I think you hit the nail on the head that our young forwards will benefit greatly from having someone like him, who is a professional on and off the field providing an example. The argument that he is 30 doesn't wash for me. To me he is in the same mould as Parker, a player who really takes care of himself and will maintain his form and fitness at least for the next couple of years and then it might be time for him to move on. My concern about Kahu is his injuries and the impact they are going to have as he gets older.

The Oates thing still baffles me. Everyone but him can see that his best football ahead of him is on the wing and to be used a utility in attack. Maybes he's read to many motivational memes, but for him to still be 100% dead set on back row is dumbfounding! He would at best pull 400-500k in the back row if hes a weapon ( and only short term), he can pull 400k on the wing with a longer career!

Is he really that desperate to play backrow that he'd go to a struggling bulldogs team and potentially not play finals for a long time? Could even kiss goodbye his origin chances.

https://www.zerotackle.com/reports-...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NRL+Gossip

Brisbane winger Corey Oates has reportedly been touted as a potential signing for the Canterbury Bulldogs, but not as a wing replacement for the departing Brett Morris.
Oates has long made clear his wish to become a forward, and Fairfax Media understand the Dogs are keen to bring him to the kennel to play him in the back row.
Fairfax are also reporting North Queensland are interested in the Origin winger.
With Brisbane’s back row prospects some of the best Wayne Bennett has ever seen according to the legendary coach himself, Oates’ chances of cracking into the forward pack seem limited in Red Hill.
The Bulldogs have sounded out Oates and his management, although it is believed the 23-year-old won’t make a decision on his future until at least August, with the winger set to part ways with his current management.
With the Dogs moving on Aaron Woods, Moses Mbye and Josh and Brett Morris over the past month, the club now have salary cap room for the future, and are certainly interested in Oates.
However, as it stands the Cowboys are seen as leading the race for Oates, although the Bulldogs certainly won’t die wondering.

Yuck!

The dogs have Jackson, Martin, and RFM, why are they trying to sign back rowers?

But aren’t the Dogs releasing those players in order to ease cap pressure? It’s extremely likely that they’ll be paying some of those contracts, so I can’t see them in a position to pay Oates elite back-rower money.

The dogs have Jackson, Martin, and RFM, why are they trying to sign back rowers?

They wouldn't be. They'd be signing a winger who they promised a backrow spot to but have no intention of playing him there.

NRL 360 tonight: James Hooper reckons that Brisbane have signed Sean O'Sullivan - he said maybe not as a halfback tho (which seems odd?)
Oates to Cowboys, Glenn to the Titans.

Would be very interesting if all this comes to front..
Glenn isn't going anywhere, not next year at least. Source. Alex Glenn.

the only thing that helps us retain Oates is moving him to the backrow:

so who do we lose: McGuire, Su'A, TPJ, Gillett or Fifita

I do thank god every day that you have nothing to do with recruitment, retention or team selections
I'd let McGuire go. He's one of our highest paid forwards and to be honest, has probably the least impact. His lack of eyesight in one eye has seen him make a lot of errors of late.

I'd let McGuire go. He's one of our highest paid forwards and to be honest, has probably the least impact. His lack of eyesight in one eye has seen him make a lot of errors of late.

Not get rid of just move back to prop where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • The True King
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.