Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get the article to link but I just read that Boyd is supposedly on 700k next year and his player option in 2021 actually goes down to 400k. (Seibold was quoted in the article)
That will easily allow us to sign Fifita and Staggs.
Lockyer was on the Footy Show saying the same thing.

What about Tristan Sailor....Dragons wont be successful any time soon. perfect long term FB

I can't get the article to link but I just read that Boyd is supposedly on 700k next year and his player option in 2021 actually goes down to 400k. (Seibold was quoted in the article)
That will easily allow us to sign Fifita and Staggs.
I said at the beginning of the year that I believed Boyd was on just over 600k pa(looking at you @mrslong 😆) as a friend close to the club had told me. I couldn't be sure of course but 700k for 3 years and 400k for the last, 2500k over 4 years=625k pa. Looks like I'll have to give my friend greater credibility!

All I can say is don't believe the media reported wages claims and everyone on here squealing about Boyd costing us players and demanding Boyd retire NEED TO APOLOGISE and admit their error.

I said at the beginning of the year that I believed Boyd was on just over 600k pa(looking at you @mrslong 😆) as a friend close to the club had told me. I couldn't be sure of course but 700k for 3 years and 400k for the last, 2500k over 4 years=625k pa. Looks like I'll have to give my friend greater credibility!

All I can say is don't believe the media reported wages claims and everyone on here squealing about Boyd costing us players and demanding Boyd retire NEED TO APOLOGISE and admit their error.
A) It's still too much for what we're getting out of him.
B) Even if we were wrong why would we apologise? He doesn't read it remember.
C) Why have you jumped on this one good performance of his as though it vindicates your outrageous opinion that he has been in fine form all year?

C) Why have you jumped on this one good performance of his as though it vindicates your outrageous opinion that he has been in fine form all year?
And the merry go round starts rotating again.

And the merry go round starts rotating again.
I have no intention of starting any arguments but I'm not going to cop being told I "NEED TO APOLOGISE" for having a different opinion. It's absurd.

Err?Dafuq? I never mentioned his form or his recent game. You whingers owe an apology for claiming he was on 800/900/a million a year and he was taking someone's spot and/or he was going to cost us a valuable player or any combination of those claims RELATING TO HIS SALARY. Got it now. So many posters getting it wrong and getting their panties into a twist. Courageous ones should now admit they get sucked in by media guesswork. Maybe the smart ones will learn a lesson.

Err?Dafuq? I never mentioned his form or his recent game. You whingers owe an apology for claiming he was on 800/900/a million a year and he was taking someone's spot and/or he was going to cost us a valuable player or any combination of those claims RELATING TO HIS SALARY. Got it now. So many posters getting it wrong and getting their panties into a twist. Courageous ones should now admit they get sucked in by media guesswork. Maybe the smart ones will learn a lesson.
Ok well that's not me but...still an odd request.
[automerge]1567324626[/automerge]
Err?Dafuq? I never mentioned his form or his recent game.
Ok but you did in another thread.

Last edited:
Who cares? Why are some people so fixated on getting interweb apologies?

And Boyd finally had a good game and this team is likely finals bound. Get behind them lads! I mean, aren’t fans of a club supposed to, you know, support their side and each other?

And Boyd finally had a good game and this team is likely finals bound. Get behind them lads! I mean, aren’t fans of a club supposed to, you know, support their side and each other?
No no no no no. It really isn't about apologies but yeah sure, I did say that people should own up. Truly I have little concern for apology rather I want others, fellow fans and kindred to an extent, to be better, to be wiser, to pick up valuable tools from life's little lessons. You know the one I mean, the ' don't go off just because you read a headline or hear a drunken old fool on 360 telling you a player is earning over 800k a season'. Or don't blindly accept unproven claims, step back, pause, think a little and maybe say ' is this really true, can I verify' before I get worked up over it.

I know it's the internet but this space, this site is my internet. I feel a small but great sense of fellowship with my bronco clan and I want every single one to be better or at the least, not miss the wisdom that's there to be had from mundane affairs. A lot of old people want younger ones to have such pearls earlier than they themselves obtained them.

Last edited:
If he’s only in $400 for 21 I don’t see there being too much pressure on him retiring in 20.

The media will probably keep saying he’s on a mil plus a year tho

If people get things wrong, then i think an apology is fair wether its online or not.

If people get things wrong, then i think an apology is fair wether its online or not.

Good on you but begging for it on the net is absolutely pointless. If someone wants to apologise, they will. If they don't want to recognise their mistake, no amount of bringing it up is going to have any effect and it just becomes annoying in threads when certain posters go on and on about it.

Good on you but begging for it on the net is absolutely pointless. If someone wants to apologise, they will. If they don't want to recognise their mistake, no amount of bringing it up is going to have any effect and it just becomes annoying in threads when certain posters go on and on about it.

Decent people don't need prompting though, that's the whole point. It's just common decency imo.

What about Tristan Sailor....Dragons wont be successful any time soon. perfect long term FB
He looks to be a hell of a prospect and whilst the romantic in me would love to have a Sailor back at the Broncos, he's so young and I'm not sure that getting him up to Brisbane away from his family and support network would be a good thing for him long term.

Also, I'm fairly sure they upgraded his contract late last year or early this year so I think he's locked away for now.

Last edited:
What's this rumour about Pride Petterson-Robati signing a development deal?

Why are we assuming this latest article is based on Boyd's actual contract? Is it any more believable than all the other tripe usually brought forth by the NRL associated media re contract values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Battler
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.