Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just the media setting themselves up for another easy dig. They make up this bullshit and we it doesn’t happen (which it won’t because it isn’t a thing) they can either knock us for not going after him when “he’s exactly what we need”, or they can claim he rejected us.

How are we going to pay him? We’ve got about a buck fifty left in the cap.

What possible answers could he have..

Im with you, I want to see us grow someone such as Dearden into a permanent role as a half at the club stop signing ppl that are only there for a short term peroid. Get Maloney or Green out of the picture. Seasons alreaady shot to now is the time to start doing it. See if croft and dearden gel together if not try another scenario.

This is just the media setting themselves up for another easy dig. They make up this bullshit and we it doesn’t happen (which it won’t because it isn’t a thing) they can either knock us for not going after him when “he’s exactly what we need”, or they can claim he rejected us.

Or he wanted to come to us, but in another recruiting blunder, we stuffed up the negotiation...

Zero Tackle were reporting today that the Dogs are chasing Oates and Isaako...I’d be fine with this as well as losing Boyd next year and hopefully Bird, we’d be cashed up to lock up Dearden and Fifi.

Zero Tackle were reporting today that the Dogs are chasing Oates and Isaako...I’d be fine with this as well as losing Boyd next year and hopefully Bird, we’d be cashed up to lock up Dearden and Fifi.

Please be true. I would keep Isaako for the right price but Oates can take a long walk off a short plank.

And why would News Ltd. sack Pies? The whole club and everything with direct and indirect connections with the club has coalesced to create a frenzied, never-ending, gossip-shop circus that every man/woman and their dog has an opinion.

The amount of interest and media hype they have generated over the last 3 - 4 weeks probably surpasses even the months when we actually won a GF.

They're loving this whole omni-shambles.

Me? I just want to see us compete for 80 minutes!

Niu has extended with the club until end of 2021.
Management of the 2022 cap is going to be a crazy fucking year.

Likely off contract players:
Fifita
Staggs
Niu
Coates
Herbie (if he signs a 12 month deal as well)
Milf (likely to leave?)
Bird (likely to leave)
Dearden
Turps has player options and may want to renegotiate
Glenn (likely to retire)
Macca (likely to leave)
Flegler
Bullemor (maybe??)

That's off the top of my head

Management of the 2022 cap is going to be a crazy fucking year.

Likely off contract players:
Fifita
Staggs
Niu
Coates
Herbie (if he signs a 12 month deal as well)
Milf (likely to leave?)
Bird (likely to leave)
Dearden
Turps has player options and may want to renegotiate
Glenn (likely to retire)
Macca (likely to leave)
Flegler
Bullemor (maybe??)

That's off the top of my head
Big decisions to be made and I'm happy I'm not in charge of reshaping our roster. If we are playing like we currently are in 12 months time then it's highly likely that a lot of our promising stars will be moving onto other teams to reach their potential, win premierships or get a bigger pay packet. Wouldn't blame them either.

I actually think it makes a lot of sense. You get rid of a lot of deadwood at the end of 2021 and that allows you to compete on the guys you actually should retain:

Fifita (Retain - first priority)
Staggs (Retain - third priority)
Niu (Retain - last priority at this stage, likely higher in 12 months time)
Coates (Retain - second priority)
Herbie (if he signs a 12 month deal as well) (Retain - not pay over)
Milf (Do not offer new contract - kick on the way out)
Bird (Do not retain regardless of how he goes next year unless on minimum wage)
Dearden (Retain - fourth priority)
Turps (Retain if can't get Grant)
Glenn (Let retire)
Macca (Let leave and thank him for his whole-hearted effort)
Flegler (Retain but not pay over)
Bullemor (Retain on minimum wage)

I actually think it makes a lot of sense. You get rid of a lot of deadwood at the end of 2021 and that allows you to compete on the guys you actually should retain:

Fifita (Retain - first priority)
Staggs (Retain - third priority)
Niu (Retain - last priority at this stage, likely higher in 12 months time)
Coates (Retain - second priority)
Herbie (if he signs a 12 month deal as well) (Retain - not pay over)
Milf (Do not offer new contract - kick on the way out)
Bird (Do not retain regardless of how he goes next year unless on minimum wage)
Dearden (Retain - fourth priority)
Turps (Retain if can't get Grant)
Glenn (Let retire)
Macca (Let leave and thank him for his whole-hearted effort)
Flegler (Retain but not pay over)
Bullemor (Retain on minimum wage)

Turpin has a player option, so we don’t have much option to retain or not. It will be up to him.

The player options ensure a ready supply of deadwood into the future, so that issue is here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • cento
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Maddy
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.